"best" equipment breakages in the field

magaz

I had a look around but couldn't see a thread for this...

I know most of us have at some point fallen on our favourite AEG and snapped it in half, or tried to run through a door with our rifle horizontal accross your chest...

So lets hear your stories :)

an old classic one I had... about 6 years ago I had my second MP5 "Longbow" (MP5 with G3 frontend) out on it's first game... I ran for cover tripped, with the rifle half shouldered fell and dug the barrel into the base of a tree and landed my whole weight on it... I heared a very nasty noise... I lifted the gun up for a quick inspection... it was still together... I fired off a few rounds, they went all over the place, I pointed the gun downwards and removed the mag... the whole front end slid off leaving just the barrel sticking out of the receiver... I'd snapped off both of the lugs and seriously violated the hopup... Had to resort to my M3 for the rest of the day :)

A more recent one... (pictures pending)

this one is a little bit different... I had one King arms shower shell in a pouch on my belt... My team had to circle round this big ditch area into a field of long grass... Me and one of my guys had spotted the blue teams sniper sneaking about in the grass... So unable to get support we decided to take him on, we spend quite a while trying to crawl close enough to him to get into a position where if we did open up we'd deffinatley get him... Long story short, he took us both out... (a hell of a shooter!) I looked down at my belt and noticed the mossy was missing... I spent a good 10 minutes back tracking through the long grass (you could see a massive "snail trail" of bent grass) looking for it... to no avail... I gave up and went back to respawn.

a couple of weeks later early (ish) one morning I got a phone call from one of the site staff...

She was asking if I'd lost anything at their woodland site... To which I replied "Yeah a 40mm shell down in the long grass" she explained that the farmer who owns the land had been cutting the grass with one of his bog machines and was shocked when the machine made some unnatural noises. He stopped... Found my shell and returned it to the site office.

When I finally got it back... it was mangled beyond use... And now sits as a trophy :) - I'll get some pictures of it up :)

And finally... one that happened to a team mate... the same site, we were sat behind some cover looking at a couple of the enemy in a bunker about 30 ish meters away... We couldn't do much... The Marshalls gave the "LAST TWO MINUTES" shout... Plummer (my team mate) and I decided it would be best to shout "CBMPC!" and charge the little bunker... Plum got about ten steps into his rush slipped with his AK shouldered and fell right onto it... Snapping off the stock tangs sending the top cover flying and destroying his sight rail... Without even thinking he sat up and continued firing... The AK now in bits lived up to the reputation of the AK47 and continued to work! :)

l_a95b8e7fb227288261be03fd6868e8b0.jpg

now lets hear yours :)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst one I've done is snapping the stock and rear plate off an mp5k pdw due to my entire weight plus kit landing on it on a flight of stairs as I dove for cover from about 4 grenades plus incoming fire. Which then continued to work properly for the rest of the day.

The worst one I've seen was an MP5SD6 that snapped AT THE MAGWELL when its owner wrapped it, and himself, around a tree at full sprint.

Not mine, but my team-mate had a notoriously twitchy CA M4 that needed constant repairs. He brought it to a game stating he "finally had it running properly". He dropped the thing on the floor later in the day, bent over and picked it up by the foregrip: queue a metal sliding sound and him standing there holding the front end as the rest of the gun sat sadly on the ground.

When I was at GroundZero, I was using my new Cyma MP5 only to find out the magwell was a bit too large and I kept loosing mags out of it while running. After complaining about it to my team, I loudly said: "boy, it's a good job I've got my TM AK here, that thing never breaks down" Queue my fetching said 'trusty' AK, and the first time I pull the trigger, the gearbox going "GRYAAAAARGH". Goddamnit.

The Rock in dorset eats guns and kit!

So far of mine its eaten....

JG M16a4- slipped landed on a rock gun in hand and the rail on the reciver parted company with the body taking most of the upper reciever with it.

TM MP5k- had it slung as my back up. Went to use it and the pistol grip had nearly sheared off of the lower receiver!

CA33e- had it slung on a viper sling (mistake) whic snapped at the top swivel. Gun smashed against the rocks and split in halve! still worked tho after i taped the front end on.

K_K

Worst I've done is run into a tree with my then brand new Star SL9. I snapped the outer barrel off from where it joins onto the rest of the reciever. Never shot straight since :(

I've also seen an MP5 get totaled. The guy, who was a friend of a friend, was chuffed to bits with his brand new MP5A4 to the extent that he couldn't stop talking about it. Every second he got he would tell us how he was going to upgrade the internals, what accessories he was going to buy, even how many mags he was going to get and how he was going to carry them.

Anyway towards the end of the day (2nd to last game I think) endex was called and we all regrouped at the safe zone when this guy came in with his pride and joy in 2 pieces. While he was defending a room another guy had kicked a door open which the MP5 took the full force of resulting in its bifurcation. The chap partaking in the door kicking paid for the repairs (it was either that or he got a kicking), but the guy who the gun belonged to was heartbroken.

Josh

At a game some months ago, i was using my Dboy's M4 with an M203... i was about 20 yards from a bunker, and in a good position to launch BB's showering into it from above. Fired the first shell and hit 2 guys, with another 2 still in there. I hit the catch on the '203, slide the tube forward, and the entire upper receiver assembly slid straight off the top of the gun, m203 and all - no damage done, the pin had just gone missing. Fairly embarassing, until i slapped a shell in the 203, charged the bunker and took out the guys within using just the m203, still mounted to the upper receiver :)

A mate of mine shot the slide off of a TM glock into someones chest. Good kill.

Right back when I first started, I had the dreaded TM M4 lug-snap in the middle of a game. Stood up behind a tree stump and tried to fire, for the upper receiver and front end to pivot 90 degrees and empty the mag straight upwards out of now exposed lower receiver. Hurricane metal body time...

Most recently, my MP5 had a miraculous escape after I fell down a flight of stairs at The Mall and used it to cushion my fall against the concrete wall at the bottom. Went down 10 or so steps, resulting in a bruised & bloodied shins (thank christ for kneepads) and a wobbly RIS unit on the MP5. Lucky lucky stuff.

Using a team mates M249 which had been fiddled with earlier that morning, Fired a burst, and rather than seeing BBs heading towards the target, I saw the barrel of the damn gun...

We never quite worked out how it was so loose that I managed to shoot the entire barrel out of the gun, yet managed to carry it fine from the safe zone to the firefight...

Or there was a case where a guy wrapped himself and his cutom wood stocked VSR round a tree... Sheered the wood stock in half behind the bolt...

Kit-wise, I still remember the time when a friends PLCE Webbing Yoke snapped at the shoulder and the belt buckle at the same time, and watching the poor sod collapse in a heap of tangled PLCE... Extricating him from it took a good couple of minutes.

my worst one was when i almost was on the top of a stairway with my mp5 on my back

my sling broke and my mp5 (with was a cyma) rolled down the stairs

it fell 10 meters down and it was completely destroyed

other than that

a couple of broken flash hiders due to a couple of close encounters with trees

Firing a really high RoF gun with an aluminum piston in the freezing tempatures...on full auto.

Opened it up later to find a jagged shattered gearbox with stripped gears, broken piston and just a general heap of metal.

That just reminded me of the day my AK finally died... had a turbo motor and a stupid battery in it... we were defending the "sniper tower" at SWAT, Myself and a team mate (Standin) were in the lower part fo the tower, and Plummer was above us in the uppwer part, Plum shouted down that I should switch my APS for my AK as there was a large group coming our way... I switched over and fired off a short burst... stripping the piston... It sort of half fired so I thought it was still working by the grace of god... but nope it died... Threw the mags to Plummer and switched back to my APS :) (Good ol faithful APS2 :D)

theres a video of it on youtube :) -->

(I appologise for Standin's language :))

i was in a night game and decided to take a prone position and wait for noises (no NVGs). i was wearing my cheapo oetech camelback(can you see where this is going? ;3 ).

well, a friend tripped on me and landed directly on my back. needless to say, i went through the rest of that game wet and cold.

I've got two.

1.A kid turned up on site with his pimpin' chrome tm desert eagle, halfway through the first game he dives at me out of a bush pulls the trigger misses and the slide flys back and hits him in the face :D

2.I was told this one by a guy at the GZ weekender. Aparently, a freind of his had bought a clone AK with a fake wood stock and during a game he fell on the stock shattering it badly (at this point it would have probably have been sensible to resort to a different gun) but he continued to play firing from the hip so not to jab himself in the shoulder, whilst running mid game, he slipped and fell onto his gun once again and the sharp plastic went two inches into his thigh :unsure:

Archived