"best" equipment breakages in the field

magaz

One of my friends was borrowing my P90 once on his first day of play. Someone threw an egg grenade at him, so he responded quickly by throwing the P90 at him in fear. It's missing the left front EBRS now.

Also, once when I was using my JAC M16/ToyTec M203, while I was running towards an occupied base, I lost my balance on some uneven ground, and, in slow motion, I landed, the stock of my rifle first, and you could see the energy transfer from the stock to the fore end, where the heat shield, ToyTec, and mounting equipment exploded in an almost artistic way, each of them traveling in a different direction. The worst part being that my friend was photographing me run, and he got a bunch of still images of me falling...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought a set of silent cylinder/piston head - Element, to be more precise. Put them in my F2000, along with a stock CA spring. After no more than 100 BBs, the F2000 became very loud and the BBs just started falling out of the barrel.

Upon inspection back at home, it turned out that the pistonhead was split in half and the rubber top just fell off. Isn't that great?

I haven't broken any of my guns yet, but I have taken quite a few spills myself while playing. Probably the worst was at a place we used to play called The Factory, I had been drinking the night before, got hauled to the game still pretty drunk and had continued to drink throughout the day. As I was running on a catwalk to have my friend bring me another beer I tripped over a pipe or something and came down on my face and rifle. Not too much damage, but still probably the worst that has happened.

So it was my friends first time airsofting, and i let him borrow my gun. We played a game of embassy (one team defends the "embassy", the other attacks). We were defending and i had my secondary out, and my friend right next to me had my primary. We were defending, but i got shot and was out. There were about 5 or 6 enemies left, and two of our team. One of the enemies had a flashbang. They threw it around a corner, and of course, it landed in between my friends legs. It went off, and i heard it as i was walking off. It was so loud it even echoed in the CQB field. My friend "threw the gun in the air" and "did a lil' dance" said the ref after the game ended. My G36, the one i lent, had its front handguard snapped in half. My friend was sooooooooo sorry though, and a little duct tape fixed it.

Not necessarily a 'breakage' but a nice spill.

Near the end of a round and me and my team are rushing to cap the OPFORs spawn point. As I reach out to 'cap' the point I trip on a wood loading palette and fall straight on to my KWA SR15 ( :( ). No breakage but some major bendage :P Right where my EOtech was mounted bent to about 30 degrees but I didn't realize it till later. Needless to say we won the round and I bent my top rail back into shape afterwards :)

My friend ran a TM 1911 on straight propane for about a good month and a half, till during a skirmish the gun explodes, sending the slide into his face and the barrel assembly and recoil spring into a ref.

Same friend had a JG G3 SG1, charged a bunker uphill, tripped on a rock and split his G3 in half and effectively bending the brass barrel.

Never broken an AEG but came close a few times.

While taking a mad dash across an open field, under fire, I caught the front sight of my AK on a piece of plywood. Snapped the grub screws that hold it in place and twisted the outer barrel off center.

Same game, nearly at the same spot, I came under fire and dropped behind a pile of rocks. Popped up to return fire, only to find my magazine was not in the magwell. Further inspection revealed it'd shattered (*fruitcage*in' older STAR plastic real-caps) against a PARTICULARLY malicious bit of broken concrete and taken the trigger guard/mag catch with it. Torn straight from the plastic body.

I have a waist-high pile of knee pads that I've 100% destroyed.

Ditto vests and belts.

it was my first game of the seson, and after completly rebuilding my ca m15a4 from the ground up; Systema internals, madbull tightbore, king arms metal body/ hop up, systema turbo, a m130, and a 10.8v battery in a peq box. I had neglected to upgrade the piston, as i ran out of time to install it before the game. So i figured that i would just run it till it broke. Everybody at the feild was super stoked to see my creation cause of all the hype i have provoked on our facebook account. First round: i get all hunkered down in a bush nice and hidden with a perfect view of the field. I square up a perfect head shot on a friend crouched behind a tree, i pull the trigger, the motor turns, the gears wind, and the gun just goes bleh :( . my piston stripped on the first trigger pull!!!! :angry: he heard me curse, proceded to throw a stone at me, he pull off a head shot on me <_<

The Star m249 crack!........this is what happend when you fall on your star m249.

-Snip-

http://www.vimeo.com/2014744

Nice, I like the quick take down feature. Haven't seen it implemented that way before.

My best (and only thank god) was taking down my JG G36 just after I bought it, and finding out soon after that the seller had lied about it being the new version as I snapped the spring guide in half taking it out >.< .

One comes to mind. It was the first time I took my MP5K-PDW out for a skirmish since the hop unit had been replaced. We were on the last game, me on my last mag (midcap).

The enemy was at the top of the hill, and with time running out, and almost nothing left to lose, I let out an almighty

"CHAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGE"

I put my feet back to start running, and push off. What I didn't know was that there was a cylindrical bit of wood under my foot. I fell flat on my face, gun left my hand an landed a few feet away. Without thinking I picked it up, and sprinted back up the hill, emptying my mag....

All sounds good with no damage correct?

Unfortunately not. I got home later that evening... Bloody toe from the trip was bad enough. I went to unscrew the dummy silencer (covering the extended barrel) to unplug and remove the battery. However when I did that, the barrel came out, as did half the newly replaced hop....I was miffed to say the least...

I'm getting it back tomorrow. The guy who repaired it reckons I twisted the barrel out in the fall....

Had one of the limited edition gaurder ak kits (pre-steel kits), non steel and still $600, had it slung over the shoulder in its first OP. Just finished completing an objective and got ambushed by about 20 enemy. Fell backwards and completely destroyed the gaurder kit, about $1000 down the drain.

Experience is directly proportional to the amount of equipment ruined. ;)

Best I've seen is a guy shatter the stock on an M16 by falling barrel first onto it whilst it was still shouldered. Good bruise but the stock was in many, many pieces.

Personally I've had quite a lot of rubbish failures of kit, the usual stitches failing or bits falling off guns.

The one point sling on my P90 kept getting in the way/catching on things, so I decided to take it off in between games for a while. Worked out fine, until I was walking back to the safe zone after the first game. I was opening a gate with one hand and had the P90 in the other, and managed to drop it onto the concrete. It's a clone, and it split down the body (causing the gearbox to come out of place), also splitting the mag release in half. I've got it glued back together and mostly functional again, the mag release is still messed up though.

The worst one I've had was at Sequoia. I just got hit on a hill with lots of trees on it. As I stood up, a squirrel (or something) threw a nut and hit me. I spun around, lost my footing and bounced back and forth down three or four trees with me as the fulcrum, and my M16's front handguard hitting every tree. Shattered the triangular bit that held the handguard on, and broke of the sling mount.

Was funny, though ;)

Archived