"best" equipment breakages in the field

magaz

Just thought of another one - running out of cover towards an enemy who was reloading, my M4 was out of ammo so I swapped to my Tanaka P226. I must have fired 3 or 4 rounds when the gun inexplicably stopped firing, with the slide locked back.

The slide release was down and the gun wasn't empty, so dumbfounded i stop in the middle of the firefight and turn the gun in my hand to look down into the ejection port. Sitting at a 45 degree angle, wedged in the ejection port trying its best to jump towards the sun is the P226s cylinder/chamber. Damn weak plastic thing wore down and pushed past the end stop, and shot itself out the ejection port.

I think I said "huh" about a second before being peppered in the legs.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bought an awesome M900A clone, and it was delivered 2 days before a skirmish.

I thought "Wow, this is awesome, its much sturdier than my normal VFG"

about an hour into the skirmish, I decided a much more effective way to push through A field full of thorn bushes would be to spring through it like a spring lamb.

Long story short, my foot got caught, and I snapped my beautiful M900A clone into three hideous pieces :(

So I bought another one! :D

Lmfao! I loved this when he told me :P

Basically, my sig.

In the middle of a hostage rescue game, and my sling, which I forgot to clip all the way in, gave out and the M4 tumbled down 23 jagged, concrete stairs. The gun was still playable, but I didn't really think it was nice.

It did break the hand guard and chipped the stock though.

Time to play around with a new one :rolleyes:

LaRue MBR - 50 rounds in, the motor strips the gearset (mind you at this point it's the 2nd gearset this motor has stripped). Switched to my shotgun - BB jams in my nozzle, ruins the hopup unit. At this point I'm running my MP7 that already has broken return nozzle springs.

Bad day for me :/

I had a mortar and friend had charges in a satchel.

All of a sudden there is a dull thud and a bright flash from inside the bag and smoke starts billowing out the top of the bag.

Shout at him to throw the satchel as far away from him as he could which he promptly does and the rest of the charges go off setting the bag on fire.

Looked cool though.

• 2 weeks later...

Ages ago after an all nighter at my mates airfield we were standing around contemplating getting breakfast, blowing up boxes and an old plastic toilet with BFG's and thunderflashes etc... I had one dropped into my dump pouch. Still attached to my leg! Everyone legs it and im left there thinking Holy S*** what do I do. That was the end of that pouch.

Another time a mate of mine tried facing an entire team by himself, armed only with an M9. Tried a tactial roll and split his trousers right down the middle, front to back and was promptly shoot stright after! Funny though.

• 2 weeks later...

we were playing at our small CQB village, and my buddies jeep was parked at the bottom of the field. we had made PVC Mortars that used compressed air in a chamber to fire d-cell batteries covered in foam and wrapped in duct-tape. we were playing defend the mortar, while the mortar team was launching their artillery upon us. one mortar team decided to over charge the chamber on one of the mortars, resulting in the projectile completly clearing the field, and proceeding to shatter the rear window of a jeep. nobody has parked in that spot since.

• 5 weeks later...

worst was when I was back in 1992, was 16 at the time and playing paintball when I had to hold my ground behind a sandbag bunker ... jumped into it and sunk my legs straight into the wet red mud / clay up to my balls (literally by the way, it was THAT deep) ... stayed there for the rest of game defending my location ... then when the game was over, had to pull myself out of the muck and completely tore off the sole of my jungle boots!!! there I was, bare footed in my boots while I had to peel the sole off the mud :flamed:

• 2 weeks later...

Happened to a buddy of mine. Brand new UTG generic Assault vest with the zipper down the front and the sewn on mag pouches.

During prep, he asked me to tighten the side straps REALLY tight so it would not wobble around ( buddy is a large fellow)

during briefing to, buddy drops a mag and squats to pick it up. In the process, the zipper shears apart, launches the zipper head 30 feet and he spills out of his Vest.

He was not very happy that day ( 1 year later he dropped about 40lb though)

Ooh, another one, putting down some fire and this kid on my team comes up behind me as I'm shooting the OpFor, he says: Wow! Your gun's got amazing range. I chuckled at this and about 5 seconds later I hear a "whirrrr" sound and my gun stops firing. Turns out my gun had stripped all the teeth on the gear that connects to the piston.

I was tasked with leading a squad of noobs at my local field not to long ago. I had my POS G&G Sportline leaning up against a tree so when the game started I yelled "Lets go" and simultaniously grabbed my rifle by the barrel, like I always do, but this time the horrible two-piece barrel design decided it didn't like me very much, and when I swung the gun up, the front half of the barrel remained my hand, while everything else (bascially the rest of the gun)flew into the bushes a couple feet away. *fruitcage* two piece barrels. The gun wasn't damaged at all though, surprisngly.

The other day one of my mates turned up in this new ACU BDUs that he bought from some Hong Kong based site... a few hours in I see him drop to a one knee firing position and the trousers just rip right down the crotch, I couldn't stop laughing, was such a big hole biggrin.gif

He had to gaffa tape it up back at the safe zone, looked like he was wearing gaffa tape underwear over his ACUs.

• 2 months later...

I was at F&O Bolton earlier this year lying prone with my CA M24 above one side of a huge drain that runs just next to the path where you start the game. There were a large number of opfor in the woods about 20m in front of me, had a harris bipod on my rifle. I had a guy with me who would lay down some cover while I would get up and jump down into the drain, which would enable me to get off some decent shots from the other side with only my head and rifle above the drain wall.

So I got up, and promptly slipped on some wet grass in front of me, sending me face first into the drain and snapping the bipod legs clean off. They were hanging off by the spring wire that attaches the legs to the mount base. They were in such a state that I simply unscrewed the bipod and left it where it was. I think I earned a sliced finger for my troubles as well.

Archived