Where did J-Farr3 go?

ruchik

I entered a trade agreement with J-Farr3 the first week of October; my Beretta for his 1911, straight trade. I looked him up, he had good feedback, so I figured there would be no problems if I sent him my gun first. He said he would be shipping the 1911 two days later. I sent my gun to him on the 5th, and it reached J-Farr3 on the 7th of this month, just two days later. He sent out the 1911 (or so he says) the next day, on the 8th.

That Sunday, the 11th, he sends me a text saying his credit card, the one he used to pay for shipping, got denied. That's fine, ###### happens. He said he would go in the next day and send it again. I then don't hear from him for a while. He texts me about a week later, asking me if I got the gun. I replied no, and asked for a tracking number (note, I had already asked for one a few times with no response). J-Farr3 said he sent the tracking number via text, but I had received no such texts. Could be the fault of the phone company, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Said he didn't have the tracking number anymore, it got deleted off his phone (huh?). Not sure why he couldn't just send the number to me via Arnies' PM. I think he's in the National Guard, so I understand he's busy. I decided to wait some more.

Another week goes by, nothing in the mail. He sends me a text asking how's the gun, I tell him I still haven't gotten it yet. I ask him to double check the address he sent it to and ask for a tracking number again, not only do I NOT get a tracking number, it turns out he had written my address wrong on the package. Now I have absolutely no idea where my package went. He said ######, I'm sorry, I'll go in and see what I can do about it. This was last week.

I have sent J-Farr3 numerous PM's. I can't contact him via text because he got a new number and I don't have his new number stored in my phone. He hasn't been on Arnies since the 15th. He got my gun 3 weeks ago. I'm pretty annoyed at this point, because I sent him a LNIB WA Beretta, and I've got nothing to show for it. I thought he would have the courtesy to use a faster shipping method when the package was initially denied due to his credit card by using another shipping service. What's the deal?

I have been having a similar problem with J-Farr3 as well. On Oct 5th we agreed to a trade. His AK-105 for my APS-2. He said he shipped it out on Oct 6th and i should have it in a few days. It's been almost a month and I still haven't received anything. He hasn't logged on to Arnie's in about 2 weeks as far as I can tell. I called him 2 days ago and left a message. He texted me back saying he was busy working. (he's a fireman) And he would call me on Saturday, Oct 31. I'm hoping he calls and we can resolve this issue quickly. I am usually a very patient person, but they are almost gone.

This guy is obviously shady. He told me he shipped his gun on 05OCT09 (CA AK-105). I mailed him my APS-2 5 days later on good faith. He will not return PM's. He does not answer teh phone, but will send retrun text messages promising to return my gun. I just found out today that he posted his AK-105 (the one he shipped me) on a differtn forum yesterday. I would avoid this kid (he's 19) altogether. If i don't get my gun back soon, I will have no choice, but to take some sort of legal action. (maybe I will call his parents) I recommend everyone avoid doing business with him.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm afraid it's come to my attention that this member has been bragging about ripping off numerous folks on other forums. On this basis it appears unlikely that he will rectify any issues with any buyers here, so I have banned him to prevent further abuse of our members.

I would advise all who have had deals fall foul with this member to consult the e-payment systems used and / or local law enforcement in order to pursue reclaiming any money which has been lost.

I'll leave this thread open for now for all such members to discuss and co-ordinate such action. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, he actually sent my original Beretta back, not only with the gun I was supposed to trade him for, but another WE Novak Next along with it. So my gun and two others I assume he sent by way of apology. The Beretta even came back with Hogues on it. I really appreciate the gesture, along with the extra gun, but my Beretta unfortunately came back with a few dings on it that weren't there before. The Novak was missing a spring, and the original gun I traded for was kinda clapped out. But nevertheless, the issue is resolved.

Archived