5KU VLTOR Lightweight Bolt Carrier

Cool. Can't wait to see how it performs. Does it stick in the buffer tube?

The Airsoft Surgeon version is known to stick inside the buffer tube due to the square rear.

This one is a clone of the RA-Tech VLTOR carrier just like kullwarrior said.

This thing should cycles as smooth as butter.

-Luis

Nice work Luis! I'm particularly interested how does this bolt carrier interacts with the forward assist. Does the FA bolt carrier or is it like with the stock AGM one.

That'll be mentioned in the full report. The FA notches on the bolt carrier look good and defined. I also hate the fact that the AGM FA serations suck.

Stay tuned guys, my nozzle should ship anytime now.

Thanks,

-Luis

I know this is a bit off topic, but can anyone tell me the difference is between the loadings nozzles from AGM, WA, and JG?

They're all the same design, based off the WA.

The AGM is white, made of a pretty good plastic.

The WA is black and is made out of ABS plastic.

The JG is also black, made out of ABS plastic, and has a brass nozzle tip.

-Luis

Any update yet?

My loading nozzle is at the post office already but I can't pick it up today since it's closed. I'll try my best to get it tommorrow.

Also, I'll be having an all day game Sunday so I'll install the BCG and give it a nice little performance test.

Thanks,

-Luis

I got mine today.

I installed the original AGM nozzle into it.

I testfired it on single fire, and wow, you can really feel that its way lighter.

the quality seems really really nice.

the ROF is as expected with a aluminium carrier(high)

I think this setup is way more friendly to the internals. But i personally think it was more fun to fire the more heavier BC.

Optimal would be a heavier recoil while the rof and speed is still there.

Edited by PoleCat
I got mine today.

I installed the original AGM nozzle into it.

I testfired it on single fire, and wow, you can really feel that its way lighter.

the quality seems really really nice.

the ROF is as expected with a aluminium carrier(high)

I think this setup is way more friendly to the internals. But i personally think it was more fun to fire the more heavier BC.

Optimal would be a heavier recoil while the rof and speed is still there.

Thanks for sharing, it's highly appreciated. I'm sorry I'm taking so long to create a performance report. There isn't much to it really.

One thing I love about this is that it's very duster-friendly, for those of you who want to preserve your loading nozzle.

-Luis

Heres my movie guys,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEcchRqdfd8...e=youtube_gdata

apologize about the quality of the content in the movie, but i was in a hurry and wanted to get it up today.

One thing ive noticed are that the bolt catch works really well now, with the lighter BC, before it never ever catched, i could fire for days without it catching the bolt. Now thou, with the lighter 5ku carrier, it catches like every second cycle, as you see in the movie.

i really like this BC, i think its great.

in it you can also see a small glimsk of my clone NPAS, it workes great aswell.

best regards, PoleCat

Heres my movie guys,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEcchRqdfd8...e=youtube_gdata

apologize about the quality of the content in the movie, but i was in a hurry and wanted to get it up today.

One thing ive noticed are that the bolt catch works really well now, with the lighter BC, before it never ever catched, i could fire for days without it catching the bolt. Now thou, with the lighter 5ku carrier, it catches like every second cycle, as you see in the movie.

i really like this BC, i think its great.

in it you can also see a small glimsk of my clone NPAS, it workes great aswell.

best regards, PoleCat

That looks nice. Though I think it's important to note that your video's sound is off synch. How's your gas efficiency now compared to when you used your stock carrier?

Well i can do a compare, but in general i find myself thinking "isnt the mag empty yet ?".

so in overall its better gas efficiency, but how much i cant tell without doing a full comparison.

Donno why the movie is out of sync, its in sync on my computer so im guessing youtube screwed it up.

i have had problems installing the 5ku bolt carrier together with the RAtech aluminium NPAS bolt. The bolt carrier had to be filed down about 1.5 mm before the bolt would move smoothly in and out of the last 2cm of the bolt carrier, plus the bolt locking plate thingy was misaligned and had to be replaced with a G&P one to work, even that required filing to fit. But now that it's in it works a charm. Cyclic rate is up and it looks SWEEET!