Searching for a flashlight

swannie_2006

Darn, did not see it. :( But I have a "key ringer" already. My LED watch gives out enough light to find the keyhole :D

I am guessing they are getting rid of the M20 stock because of the eagerly awaited 500lum M21.

I have just been speaking to the wonderfully helpful Anthony at Flashaholics/FenixUK. He believes they will be in stock by the end of the month for about £90. Battery Junction are taking pre-orders, $120 & are also indicating shipment will be at the end of this month.

I'm hoping it will be a good performer, I've yet to see an ST50 led. Anthony has described the comparison between the beam of an M20R2 & the M20 ST50 ti. The ST50 is apparently a cleaner white, with a slightly bluer hue than the R2's green. Both the tight focus & peripheral overspill are noticeably brighter, with the ST50 having a slightly less focused, wider beam. If anything, this is my only criticism of the M20, the focus is very tight, as it is designed for long throw. Again, this was why I previously mentioned the Fenix TK11 for CQB, as it is a little less focused.

The M21, has a new head & lense, so will probably have a different beam patern. Under £100 for a 500 lumen 2xcr123er is a deal I can't resist. :D Combined with a remote pressure switch, I think this will replace my trusty G&P R500.

Any one want a secondhand R500 & possibly M20????? :rolleyes:

Greg.

Archived