how to destroy £1 million of vodka in 5 seconds..

Pyrodex

Thats a shocking example of poorly built shelving to be honest. <_<

Somebody who thinks like me.

Rows of free-standing shelving like that is never a good idea.

Fow an extra few quid they could purchase bracing bars to run between the rows, fixing them at the top, so one row can't fall into the next.

If you then anchor the end rows to the walls nothing can fall down.

Speaking from experience here.

I was once trapped in a store-room overnight when something similar happened and all the shelves fell over like dominoes and blocked the freaking door.

Worst part was that there were huge plate-glass windows the other end of the room but each sheet of glass was worth about £10k and I, being young and naive, figured I'd get reamed for breaking one of the windows to get out so I just sat there all night. :(

Fow an extra few quid they could purchase bracing bars to run between the rows, fixing them at the top, so one row can't fall into the next.

Speaking from experience here.

I was once trapped in a store-room overnight when something similar happened and all the shelves fell over like dominoes and blocked the freaking door.

Worst part was that there were huge plate-glass windows the other end of the room but each sheet of glass was worth about £10k and I, being young and naive, figured I'd get reamed for breaking one of the windows to get out so I just sat there all night. :(

I swear, I didn't laugh at that.

Wait, he's a mod.

No, not the ban hammer, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Never a good idea? Maybe.

But every warehouse I've worked at has never used bracing bars, and yet things like these never happen.

Anyway, saw this one earlier today. My boss put it up on the big screen in the lunch room and it instantly caused everyone in the room to burst out laughing. :D

Archived