A-TACS (Advanced TActical Concealment System) Camo

kodiak22

Okay, I'm making this thread for the Discussion on Digital Concealment Systems (DCS) New Camouflage pattern called A-TACS. It has been gaining interest as a possible contender for the Future camo for the Army.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/news/n...xclusives_title

TACTICAL-LIFE.com brings you the new A-TACS camo pattern that has EOTAC, Remington, DPMS, Bushmaster and the U.S. Military excited. This could perhaps be the pattern of future combat uniforms.

atacs-0001.jpg

FT. BENNING, GA- As the US Military continues their search for a more effective camouflage pattern, A-TACS® (Advanced TActical Concealment System) has begun to draw interest as a possible contender. In order to release the most up-to-date information on the A-TACS® pattern to interested parties, Digital Concealment Systems, (DCS) is proud to unveil the first official photos of the A-TACS® pattern.

atacs-11x111-150x150.jpgMany who have seen the pattern comment on how it is unlike any camouflage pattern they have encountered as its chameleon-like qualities cause it to blend into the surrounding environment. This unique “pattern within a pattern” concept allows it to break up the outline of the human body relying on a palette of inter-mingled natural colors over a neutral tan base for use in open, rocky, or arid environments.

Fernando Coelho, President of EOTAC®, LLC had this to say about the pattern, “I am very happy that we are involved in the A-TACS® project. Of all the camo patterns I have seen over the years, this is the first one to break from tradition and actually makes sense.”

Furthermore, the intricate nature of the pattern makes it difficult to copy. “We like to continuously raise the bar relative to what is possible to achieve with current textile printing technology. The fact that there is interest from the US Military in the work we are doing validates that effort”, said Philip Duke, DCS Design Director and Principal.

A-TACS® is being adopted by several vendors offering complimentary products. This allows the A-TACS® pattern to offer users a Total Camouflage Solution. Never before have so many items been offered in the same pattern. Licensees have been selected based on their ability to offer the end-user a holistic concealment strategy. Ryan Smith, Brand Manager for LE/Tactical Firearms at Remington offered these comments on A-TACS®, “Remington® firearms in the A-TACS pattern will blend in with a shooter’s complete ensemble, allowing the Operator to avoid detection.” The military has begun to show interest in the pattern for use by special operations forces and also as a possible solution for use in the Middle East.

DCS is still on track for a formal kick-off after the New Year. Companies participating in this unprecedented launch include Remington®, Bushmaster®, DPMS Panther Arms®, Danner®, EOTAC®, Tactical Assault Gear®, Blue Force Gear® and Emerson Knives®. All will begin introducing A-TACS® product offerings starting on November 15th with additional product from selected manufacturers being introduced at SHOT Show.

The formal release of the pattern is scheduled during SHOT Show 2010 in Las Vegas, Nevada at a press conference held in concert with the licensees where media will have the opportunity to receive detailed briefings from a variety of vendors. Additionally, the A-TACS® team will demonstrate how items from different licensees work together to provide a Total Camouflage Solution.

ABOUT A-TACS®

A-TACS® was developed by Digtal Concealment Systems, (DCS) to answer the call for better and more effective camouflage system integration for duty personnel in any service branch from military to law enforcement. A-TACS® is designed as a universal pattern for a wide range of operational environments with additional supporting color and design variants to follow.

Many of the modern digital camouflage patterns currently in use by the tactical community have flaws. The square pixels used to create the distortion effect do not replicate the shapes, forms and shadows of the environment they are deployed in-especially when viewed through optics. The ninety-degree angles and limited use of natural colors can in many cases, make detection easier.

Additionally, the “visual noise” in these same patterns tends to make them close-up into a solid color, producing a “blobbing” effect when viewed from a distance. A-TACS® addresses and improves these critical issues in three ways.

1. - Replace un-natural square pixels with organic pixels. Utilizing our patented process, we created a palette of natural colors digitally sampled from real-world elements in carefully controlled lighting. The pattern is then created using a mathematical algorithm that writes “organically-shaped” pixels using the specific color information given. The resulting pattern while still digital, is far more organic in appearance.

2. - Use small patterns to create larger more distinct shapes designed to work at a distance. Small shapes create larger shapes and larger shapes are organized into a distinct pattern with no horizontal or vertical orientation. This unique “pattern within a pattern” concept allows A-TACS® to effectively break the human outline at great distances thereby, minimizing the “blobbing” effect of other patterns when viewed from a distance.

3. - More effective use of color-range produces a better concealment system. A-TACS® is created using a far greater range of inter-mingled natural colors than was previously possible. The overall base color for the cast is a neutral tan which is designed for use in open, rocky or arid environments.

Furthermore, the abstract and intricate nature of this pattern gives it a unique “fingerprint”which is not only adaptable to various service branches, but also makes it difficult to copy.

ABOUT DIGITAL CONCEALMENT SYSTEMS

Digital Concealment Systems draws from over 20 years in the business of concealment. DCS specializes in developing and bringing camouflage patterns to market for wide variety ofapplications.

can also be found at http://soldiersystems.net/

the Partners in this can be found at http://www.a-tacs.com/.

and all of the pics at the same time

atacs-0001-1.jpgatacs0002-1.jpgatacs-11x111.jpg

Now this camo has interested me since the first times I've heard it, and if you've read my previous posts about camo then you know i don't like the whole "Universal" camo thing, but this has really peaked my interest.

Okay guys have at it.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...

*speechless*

If only a little lighter and that guy would be invisible in those pics.

I really like the fact that you can't really focus on the guy because the camo makes him blend in. Hopefully, even if they are contracted by military, they'll still sell some of this stuff to civilians because I'm gonna get a pair.

Sidenote: I think it looks like an oil painting with that pecking style of painting. I don't know what's it's called though.

Wow...

*speechless*

If only a little lighter and that guy would be invisible in those pics.

I really like the fact that you can't really focus on the guy because the camo makes him blend in. Hopefully, even if they are contracted by military, they'll still sell some of this stuff to civilians because I'm gonna get a pair.

Sidenote: I think it looks like an oil painting with that pecking style of painting. I don't know what's it's called though.

I don't see why they wont sell to civvies, as Eotac is from the looks of it, making the clothing, and TAG making tactical gear, and hopefully someone like Propper will jump in also so we can have Propper utilities( no pun intended), and I'm also hoping that Eagle( they will pretty much have to if the army jumps on it), and TT will jump on board also.

I don't see why they wont sell to civvies, as Eotac is from the looks of it, making the clothing, and TAG making tactical gear, and hopefully someone like Propper will jump in also so we can have Propper utilities( no pun intended), and I'm also hoping that Eagle( they will pretty much have to if the army jumps on it), and TT will jump on board also.

Only reason I can think of is like MARPAT. Now that I think about it, that was stupid. For some reason I was thinking Multicam didn't sell to the public, but since there camo wasn't chosen last time around, they sell to the public now. Either way, your probably right and they'll sell to civies.

Wait, doesn't propper make marpat, or is propper that brand that makes "digital woodland/desert"?

Only reason I can think of is like MARPAT. Now that I think about it, that was stupid. For some reason I was thinking Multicam didn't sell to the public, but since there camo wasn't chosen last time around, they sell to the public now. Either way, your probably right and they'll sell to civies.

Wait, doesn't propper make marpat, or is propper that brand that makes "digital woodland/desert"?

Well with the Marpat, that's a government pattern so well they can do whatever they want with it. but You can buy Official ACU, and ABU from Propper cant you? as i don't think those are restricted like Marpat, NWU, and AOR1/2 patterns.

Yes, Propper makes Official Marpat for the USMC, but they cant sell it to civvies like you said, and yes they sell "Digital Woodland/Desert", and the only real different IIRC is that it doesn't have the EGA in the pattern, and is ACU cut, and not MCCUU. Tru-spec also makes "Digital Woodland, and desert" but Propper is miles ahead of Tru-spec, which also fades quickly.

@Whan: yea looks good, but I'm anxious to see how it does in Temperate/Woodland/Jungle ares also.

It looks really badly shopped.

Anywho, the camo seems very unique in it's own, and gets away from the digital blocks that many camouflage patterns made recently.

You really can't base the effectiveness off pictures the company themselves made, especially seeing that all it is are pics of rubble, not forests, or flat out desert.

It looks really badly shopped.

Anywho, the camo seems very unique in it's own, and gets away from the digital blocks that many camouflage patterns made recently.

You really can't base the effectiveness off pictures the company themselves made, especially seeing that all it is are pics of rubble, not forests, or flat out desert.

I agree about the non blockiness of it.

and i also agree about using the Companies photos for showing a camos efeectiveness...... IE people using Crye's photos for "proving" multicam "AM TEH BEZTEST CAMMOEZ EVER!!!!"

I just thought people mught be interested in the pattern.

And we should see some real photos soon, because if i remember correctly, most of the items from the partners should be coming out sometime this month.

I guess we'll just have to wait see.

Pointillism. ;)

Looks good, can't help thinking from those photos that the smaller patterns get lost and he ends up looking like he's wearing one of the German WW2 patterns.

I've been trying to find some pics of this for a while now. I saw one of those pictures, the one with the guy standing, on soldier systems the other day and I'm really impressed with what i've seen.

But I wonder just how much effort has gone into that photoshoot.

I'm curious to see how it would look under different lighting/times of day and in different environments.

It does look good for urban wear, but i'm not sure how it will hold up in a woodland area.

On a side note, there are so many new types of camouflage coming out, and I want them all pretty much, its too damn expensive.

I will hold my judgement until more pictures are released.

I'm curious to see how it would look under different lighting/times of day and in different environments.

That´s the key...

No matter the pattern is, you always can choose the proper background for the pics, and you have "the world´s better camo" of the week.

My (deleted) post might have got a little carried away, but it was hardly spam. I just felt like poking a little fun at these manufacturers trying to duplicate the enormous financial success of Multicam. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Not to oversimplify, but if you had just invented the world's most advanced camo pattern, wouldn't you try to license it to the military before you launched it commercially? How many real operators can go buy whatever camouflage pattern they want?

My (deleted) post might have got a little carried away, but it was hardly spam. I just felt like poking a little fun at these manufacturers trying to duplicate the enormous financial success of Multicam. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Not to oversimplify, but if you had just invented the world's most advanced camo pattern, wouldn't you try to license it to the military before you launched it commercially? How many real operators can go buy whatever camouflage pattern they want?

I don't know if they will choose it, but the reason they released these photos, is because the military( Army) is interested in the pattern.

Archived