A-TACS (Advanced TActical Concealment System) Camo

kodiak22

So the Eotac rep, actually he's the president, on lightfighter gave a bit more info on the Color variations.

The current version of A-TACS is the A-TACS Universal Pattern. There will be an A-TACS Urban, A-TACS Jungle, etc., in the near future.
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Navy and the Air force just picked new camo patterns and the Marines...well I think theyre pretty set right now. I wonder why they would make a universal and variations

There can be a couple reasons, 1. likes been said, they could be shooting to replace all the US military's camo, universal=army, arid/woodland(jungle)= Marines, etc. and 2. they are doing it for the commercial market, because some people( like me for example) aren't to fond universal patterns, and want a green based one, and a tan/brown based one.

Joe, i feel the same way. Also for me its definitely Marpat first, then the ATACS, and AOB patterns about even with Atacs slightly ahead.

and ways heres a another pic from Soldier Systems.

atacs_5.jpg

Then the Pic in the link Chimps posted for those for dont want to/ cant click on the link:

atacs_3.jpg

I completely agree, the DOF seems way too unnatural and defined for the background not to be artificial. The pattern does strike some interest to me though and I look forward to any news about it.

One of the guys from Eotac on LF has admitted that the backgrounds are photoshop'd. When they were saying that the pictures weren't fake, they were referring to the individual kitted out in it and the weapon and suppressor.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the info McArthur, I know alot of doods like to throw out the PS claim alot...and most don't know anything about photography or Photoshop. I can't wait for more pictures of this pattern and in different climates and enviroments.

Apologies, the photo in question was in fact photoshopped. The background was bought it from a seperate image/photoshoot.

As Jagdraben said, there was some confusion in the communications between the Photographer, EOTAC and the Public.

I too, was fooled by the Photoshopping, and it certainly didn't help with the fact that I recently took photographs which had a similar look.

• 1 year later...

I and a couple of my team mates picked up ATAC rigs, pre-order on the bdu. Been following the development of the pattern and I will be interested to see how the different climatic zone varients work out. The kit looks good over Dessie Frog/Cammies.

I have been out the back and down the road mucking about with kit, looking at the environment etc. Not done pics as to be honest minimal skill, laziness, basic camera and a monitor isn't the best format to judge anyway. The pattern (maybe even non-pattern because of the blending?) even with CT webbing seems to work very well set opposite CB/khaki/Rg I have to hand. The current colour mix is a very good match of my local area, spot on for liched covered paving and curbs. The lighter shades seem to pick up urban "cement dust theme" very well. I think the same could be said in area with high chalk content or old aggregate sites (probably even more than ACU/UCP). It also looks very similar to dried clay stains.

Until I have BDU's I'm not sure how well it will work in mixed woodland etc. Probably not too bad in the winter where there are lots of ash trees or clematis growth. However if you want an Urban/CQB camo for around the SE UK it may be a real winner.

Phantom, a shop in Japan, has been stocking A-TACS gear from Volk (local JP), Tactical Performance (Philippines), and TAG. The guys from Phantom wore A-TACS to one of their games last year in November. Info (in Japanese) can be found here :-

http://www.phantom-web.com/a-tacs/index.html

Sample pics taken from the same blog site :-

p12.jpg

p14.JPG

p15.JPG

p19.JPG

Archived