A-TACS (Advanced TActical Concealment System) Camo

kodiak22

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That PC looks like a khaki PC that's been dragged through the mud and then left out in the rain. Don't weather your gear, just get A-TACS.

lol, thats what i thought when i first saw it, i have a 3yr old pair of converse boots that fit right in. :P

To me it is a breath of fresh air from Digi *suitcase* and all this stupid Multicam and MTP nonsense.

For once a US camo that i can actually see being useful, the only other one i can say that for is Tigerstripe and that isn't really US camo.

However at those prices wont be getting a set soon.

'FrieKnife'

I'm not sure that BDU.com actually have stock yet either. I have some of the Tac. Performance kit with ATACS hook and loop on the way, seem to be helpful people.

Kinda wish Propper had gone for a better cut than the ACU to start with, MCCU win hands down. Guess they are going for the US Gov. contract as a priority.

I have been emailing ATACS licences' and most seem to have ignored the 5.11 letter. Reading the text of the DCS suit seems to indicate a strongth case (to a layman's eye). 5.11's specific point relates to the marketing toward LE/Mil/public safety so for leisure (hunting, paintball, airsoft, dogging etc) use there should not be an issue. 5.11 have waited since the 2009 shot show to complain and have never been bothered by atac like trademarks on sports and hunting equipment. I think they will end up with smeg on the face. Hopefully common sense will prevail.

I wonder how much Tom Beringer got paid to pose for the Eotac promo photos? :P

Fireknife, is A-TACS beter or worse than "Paddyflage"?

To me it is a breath of fresh air from Digi *suitcase* and all this stupid Multicam and MTP nonsense.

For once a US camo that i can actually see being useful

Yeh, i'm sick of these patterns tested and developed over many years and adopted around the world on thier merits and by popular demand.

What we really need is something already proven not to work outside a specific urban environment.

Anyway. Aesthetically I really like A-TACS, but I don't for a second trust its concealment capabilities in regular UK skirmishing environments.

Yeh, i'm sick of these patterns tested and developed over many years and adopted around the world on thier merits and by popular demand.

What we really need is something already proven not to work outside a specific urban environment.

In the case of MTP, we have DPM and DDPM so why did we need to spend money on MTP? So we can blend in with the US and they wont shoot us by mistake?

As for UCP who thought grey would be a great shade for the desert when the previous tri-colour worked better? Sounds to me like a waste of time and effort when an effective camo is already available.

The only reason i do like it is down to the fact it looks good, think you are forgetting this is airsoft, camo isn't for 'tried and tested' it is because it is 'cheap and looks good'. Trying to compare the real applications of camo to the airsoft one isn't what i had in mind.

Fireknife, is A-TACS beter or worse than "Paddyflage"?

Not really looked at Irish DPM so can't really say. To be honest it is just a 'like the look' as this is airsoft discussion. If i was actually going to fight in it then i would have second thoughts.

'FireKnife'

I imagine it would be highly effective here in SoCal. I really kinda want to get a set, but it's not team approved, probably won't be an official camo at any ops for quite some time, and I already have half a closet of this junk that I rarely wear!

Damn, sometimes I hate practicality.

In the case of MTP, we have DPM and DDPM so why did we need to spend money on MTP? So we can blend in with the US and they wont shoot us by mistake?

We're at war in a part of afghanistan where there's a lot of green stuff and desert stuff all mixed together, DDPM wasn't working, hence the pictures floating around from a while back of army lads with DDPM UBACS that they've resorted to dying green themselves.We needed something that is an acceptable compromise for functioning against both grass/bushes and against sand/scrub land. Multicam, and by extension MTP, fulfills that requirement; I'm not trying to show you up or kick off a fight that's just the fact of it.

Anyway, LW's Pre-orders for the Propper stuff are up:

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog/A-TACS.html#aPR_2dATACS_2dSH

I'll definitely be getting some eventually to see whether it'll function in woodland, but certainly not at those prices. I don't see it costing that much a few months after it becomes widely available at various retailers.

We're at war in a part of afghanistan where there's a lot of green stuff and desert stuff all mixed together, DDPM wasn't working, hence the pictures floating around from a while back of army lads with DDPM UBACS that they've resorted to dying green themselves.We needed something that is an acceptable compromise for functioning against both grass/bushes and against sand/scrub land. Multicam, and by extension MTP, fulfills that requirement; I'm not trying to show you up or kick off a fight that's just the fact of it.

Fair enough, but to me it did seem like we might have better things to spend Government funding on than new camo patterns but this is airsoft and so will keep the discussion to how it looks, feels and fits rather than if it actually makes a difference out in the real world.

To mind mind the interest is really only in the pattern, having read up on it. But other than that i can't see myself having the spare cash to spend on a set after i take out pistols, ammo and green fees for games. Too bad.

'FireKnife'

I imagine it would be highly effective here in SoCal. I really kinda want to get a set, but it's not team approved, probably won't be an official camo at any ops for quite some time, and I already have half a closet of this junk that I rarely wear!

Damn, sometimes I hate practicality.

Actually, there is at least one Op where it is the only pattern for a specific team:

http://milsimevent.com/forums/showthread.php?1753-TCC-The-Catalyst-Corporation

I just got a TAG 50oz hydro carrier in ATACS. I'm not really impressed with it, TBH. It's just varying shades of tan from dark to almost white. Maybe it's nice in the middle of the sandbox, I couldn't say. I don't see much use for it in a polycrome environment.

[hey guys

im looking forward to the release of atacs my self already picked myself up a chest rig made from TAG

and by anychance how many people got there atacs rigs from tactical qutermaster

best wishes

SgtJamie

Myself and a couple of posters here most definatly did, as far as im aware he's been the only uk retailer with active stocks, or at least he did till we cleared him out on saturday lol.

Mark (tacticalquartermaster) is getting a whole load more in, as well as the Propper BDU's, great prices too.

I just got a TAG 50oz hydro carrier in ATACS. I'm not really impressed with it, TBH. It's just varying shades of tan from dark to almost white. Maybe it's nice in the middle of the sandbox, I couldn't say. I don't see much use for it in a polycrome environment.

Same here, I got a sample of the pattern a while back and it just looks like a light tan fabric someone got dirty, why do we need to buy the uniform when we can just have guys roll around in mud? Looking at it at range it all just blends together, there is very little contrast to break up features of the body unlike with M81 or tri-color.

In all honesty this pattern has a very specific use, from my understanding it was preposed and designed for use in arid (not semi arid like A-stan) environments, and hence it was set to fill the US Army's call for a arid uniform pattern in their new uniform program.

I can't say I've been in many urban environments, either airsoft or deployed, but from my experience camoflague plays second fiddle to cover. To me, solid low-tone colors (OD, tans, so forth) seem to attract less attention than actual patterns.

For a true arid environment, ok, I can see it's use. As for being the best thing since sliced mulitcam bread, ehh... Of course, if one wants to purchase the uniform and gear, thats fine and dandy. There are those oddballs who still run ACU lol

I'm looking forward to see the next best super-camo come out in the next few years.

I was using the term "urban" widely... obviously we don't do a lot of all-out city fighting here and, if so, any camo is of limited use. I however could see extreme utility for this in the airsoft "villages" that are common at "MOUT" sites, or perhaps more importantly, the very typical Afghan villages that are composed mostly of mudworks.

Either way, the pattern of this is subtle and I think that would add to its effectiveness against structures.

We have some really good concrete built urban playing areas in the UK.In one case i even proved the UCP wasn't totally useless.I think that as long as you aren't wearing colours which draw the eye then any camo will give you a head start on your opposition.ATACs is muted enough to give you a head start & not draw fire.However,UK site still have lots of green in between buildings so i think ATACs will be worn as a statement.

I know i'll be buying some as soon as i can spare the cash.

I was using the term "urban" widely... obviously we don't do a lot of all-out city fighting here and, if so, any camo is of limited use. I however could see extreme utility for this in the airsoft "villages" that are common at "MOUT" sites, or perhaps more importantly, the very typical Afghan villages that are composed mostly of mudworks.

Either way, the pattern of this is subtle and I think that would add to its effectiveness against structures.

But at the same time ATACs has the same effectivity as a straight tan or tri-color uniform after it's gotten dirty, which surprisingly enough tends to happen to those uniforms when you go outside and use them. So the question remains what advantage is there of this pattern over what's already available? Is it IR treated?

I see what you're saying with that, but do you have any actual study to back it up? I'd say the obvious advantage is that... you don't have to be dirty! I mean, yeah, after a day of mudball you'll look pretty much like the ground you came from, but how many people are going out looking like that in the first place? Should soldiers be required to roll around in the dirt for 30 minutes prior to leaving the wire? Not very practical.

Archived