A-TACS (Advanced TActical Concealment System) Camo

kodiak22

I don't doubt it was trialed by secret squirrel units, but my point was, it's always been publicly marketed and openly sold, do you have any time framing from design/ development stages, trials and public sale? I bought my first set of R1 field uniform late 2005 direct from crye, and it had already been selling for a little while.

Thanks for the info, anymore you have would be appreciated.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't doubt it was trialed by secret squirrel units, but my point was, it's always been publicly marketed and openly sold, do you have any time framing from design/ development stages, trials and public sale? I bought my first set of R1 field uniform late 2005 direct from crye, and it had already been selling for a little while.

Thanks for the info, anymore you have would be appreciated.

Development started around mid 99 at Natick, Crye was just a desing contractor. First public sale was late 2004 with the Gen 1 combat uniform pre-sale, the finished pattern had been in use by special warfare units since sometime late 2002 and only available for Govt use to that point, as the gov. still owned the pattern, much like how they own AOR1 and AOR2.

You can't really compare the development of the patterns, Crye created this private sector market by getting the rights after the gov passed on the pattern that Crye developed under contract, ATACS is developed privately in an attempt to get a gov contract.

I had heard some unconfirmed but decently reliable stories that ATACS had seen a small test at a well known Tier1 unit in late 2009 into Early 2010. The info even stated a trail pattern name for it (i.e AOR1, AOR2, etc). It was decently received but did not offer any notable advantage over the AOR's and was not persued further.

• 5 months later...

Archived