First TSI Tavor to be Reviewed

Johngalt311

Guy, the Owner/Operator of TSI, is a great guy and I was impressed when I first held and felt the gun last year.

When I talked to him last year, he was having some troubles getting some stuff worked out. One thing to remember is that it is 1:1 scale unlike the other company (Ares I beleive.)

I think a few T & E runs, and the gun will be out on the fields.

Nick Out.

Happy Veterans Day to all who have earned it.

I have never seen a review where the reviewer actually seemed to be fighting the AEG, and losing. The guy's frustration was palpable.

I fully expected him at some point to just slam the thing on the floor and walk off. This thing looked more like a prototype than a production model. Hard to believe that this model will be able to compete with the Ares version.

I wish this product had been better, I had high hopes. :(

Ouch.

Good review, if a little heavy handed.

The externals do seem both poorly designed and poorly made, which is a bit of a shock.

Echo 1 mechbox? Not necessarily a bad thing. If a high-end Gucci mechbox had been used, the gun would cost (a lot) more than it does.

Mechbox jammed: yeah, using an (apparently barely charged) Intellect stick pack.

Plastic hop-up, not necessarily a bad thing neither.

I can't help but compare this gun with the JLS RX4, another unique AEG model designed from scratch. The RX4 is also mostly plastic, but extremely beefy and solid with no creaky, frail bits and weird assembly with tiny screws and parts that break off. To get to the battery, you remove one huge nut, no tools needed. To remove the upper receiver, you punch out one big pin. Complete takedown to the mechbox is done via the removal of 4 philips machine screws.

The hop-up is of poor quality (aftermarket 2-piece M4 hop-up recommended), but the mechbox is brilliant, good motor.

Overall an impressively successful design, and a well-made final product, definitely way better than what I'm seeing in these videos. Which is a little worrying since the RX4 is a cheap chinese gun and the TSI Tavor is an expensive Gucci gun.

\/ \/ \/ nice avatar Andrew. xD

Archived