TSI Tavor Four Part Video Review

I got 1 question for the reviewer - why being disappointed BEFORE you opened the box ? From the very start, you looked tense and ###### off; that's hardly a healthy attitude to expect from someone who's paid big $$$ for something he's been long time waiting for.

And I'm not even starting referring to your vast technical knowledge you publicly demonstrated by totally ignoring the product's guide (unless you knew EXACTLY how the AEG was built and were operating out of experience) and using a gawddamn pocket knife to take it apart :rolleyes:

Yea what Utty said, I was very excited. After waiting so long and knowing TSIs record and the fact that for some reason the IDF accepted it had me really expecting something great. The product guide was nearly useless!!! I quote "Do not try to disassemble this product beyond what is described in this manual" and then the manual describes how to remove the four tiny top screws in the metal receiver, gearbox removal which is just the two back screws and outer barrel replacement. What about any of the rest of the gun? We cant try to remove the fore-end to see the PCB board?! There was no explanation of that stupid piece holding the fore-end on which I subsequently broke trying to figure out how to get it off. And the two times I used the knife were to attempt to unscrew a flat head which failed and to pop off the ejection port cover. I DIDNT IGNORE THE GUIDE THE GUIDE IGNORED HALF THE GUN.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I suggest you watch the review again and pay close attention to his expression.

I won't start conspiracy theories, but this review has zero credibility in my book simply due to a fact that it's uncertain whether the box was opened prior to the filming. There are also other things that point to the utter lack of knowledge/understanding of the reviewer, starting with the lack of proper tools (seriously, why not use a hammer instead of a pocket knife ? It's not like it would have prevented the problems, aye ?) and 'let's poke this thing there and see what comes out' attitude, and ending with non-coherent mumbling instead of clear statements. But what puzzles me the most is, WHY NOT TRYING TO SOLVE IT DIRECTLY WITH THE MANUFACTURER FIRST, BEFORE COMING OUT WITH STATEMENTS ?

Seriously, these kind of 'reviews' are dime a dozen thanks to YouTube's free hosting. So far, it's the 1st negative review on TSI products and I find it VERY hard to believe that young man's been lucky enough to get the ONLY lemon.

Qulevra!!! I seriously wanted these guys to succeed! I bought the gun because I though, IDF veterans working on a tavor for the IDF? Its got to be great! My family are freinds of the IDF (its an organization) how do you think I have been on a shaldag base that was testing the tavor and palmachim base? I already explained that the knife was just hand from opening the NEVER BEFORE OPENED box. That was not resealed, I wanted to get an unboxing review. Also I probably should have dealt with Guy first considering now I cant return it, only get a new one...Which I can understand since I publicly broke it voiding the warranty. I can settle for a second that will hopefully be better. But I was just so ###### I wanted to get this review out.

*Yawn*

My mate ordered one, I'll just wait and see...

My first VFC was a complete lemon too, was one of the very first scars ( Gen 1 ).

I barely see anyone complaining about their vfc scar though.

It just happens, sort it out.

Sometimes its a bad product, sometimes it's just plain bad luck.

Lets just wait for more reviews, shall we? :)

(FarEast? ^^ )

PS. I do kind of feel for the OP though. But it's kind of why I stopped being an early adopter. Hope the kid learned his lessons.

( no offence intended, it's just a common lesson of life, we all learn it eventually )

I wonder how basically snap together plastic fit can be a lemon...Its just poor quality in the body. And I still think the worst thing is how you have to wait for it to tell you its ready to fire each time you switch firing modes. That equals you getting shot.

Yea what Utty said, I was very excited. After waiting so long and knowing TSIs record and the fact that for some reason the IDF accepted it had me really expecting something great. The product guide was nearly useless!!! I quote "Do not try to disassemble this product beyond what is described in this manual" and then the manual describes how to remove the four tiny top screws in the metal receiver, gearbox removal which is just the two back screws and outer barrel replacement. What about any of the rest of the gun? We cant try to remove the fore-end to see the PCB board?! There was no explanation of that stupid piece holding the fore-end on which I subsequently broke trying to figure out how to get it off. And the two times I used the knife were to attempt to unscrew a flat head which failed and to pop off the ejection port cover. I DIDNT IGNORE THE GUIDE THE GUIDE IGNORED HALF THE GUN.

Qulevra!!! I seriously wanted these guys to succeed! I bought the gun because I though, IDF veterans working on a tavor for the IDF? Its got to be great! My family are freinds of the IDF (its an organization) how do you think I have been on a shaldag base that was testing the tavor and palmachim base? I already explained that the knife was just hand from opening the NEVER BEFORE OPENED box. That was not resealed, I wanted to get an unboxing review. Also I probably should have dealt with Guy first considering now I cant return it, only get a new one...Which I can understand since I publicly broke it voiding the warranty. I can settle for a second that will hopefully be better. But I was just so ###### I wanted to get this review out.

You realize that you just publicly shot yourself in the leg ? If the manual says 'don't fook with it', there's a reason behind it. You decided to ignore the manual and broke the gun as a result, then kept ranting for another 20 min how bad it was; I find it pretty generous on the part of TSI to even offer you a replacement after all you've said and done. Try that with any other product made by someone else and you'll get massively laughed at, instead of getting a brand new one instead. Same goes for the knife, it just sums up how incompetent you are - you didn't forget the camera, but did forget the right tools, eh ?

And all this BS about being at 'Shaldag base' and hookin' up with Mikey ? Lemme enlighten you - Mikey is hardly a person who deserves ANY credit. Back when I was in service, he used to run the marksmanship/sniping section in Mitkan Adam and was booted out due to incompetence. The only reason they keep him around is because his English is good enough to make him a semi-decent liason to civilian organizations. You might been to Palmachim, but in order to get into the Shaldag encampment you need 3 clearances - that's something not even all the active duty guys always have. 'Sides, you should've known that they refer to them just as a 'Battalion' and never call the name. Same goes for the 'testing of the Tavor' - it was issued to the Givati Tzabar for combat runs, then to Rotem and finally to Shaked; the only way you held one was to beg it off some so'jer on a leave. Sorry to derail the topic at hand, but it's something I had to rub your nose in.

I recommend taking the replacement and trying it out. If you still feel it's ###### then at least you'll KNOW in your own mind that it wasn't just a fluke. Better to get something for your money, then just a bitter pill. Who knows, you may like it ;)

You realize that you just publicly shot yourself in the leg ? If the manual says 'don't fook with it', there's a reason behind it. You decided to ignore the manual and broke the gun as a result, then kept ranting for another 20 min how bad it was; I find it pretty generous on the part of TSI to even offer you a replacement after all you've said and done. Try that with any other product made by someone else and you'll get massively laughed at, instead of getting a brand new one instead. Same goes for the knife, it just sums up how incompetent you are - you didn't forget the camera, but did forget the right tools, eh ?

And all this BS about being at 'Shaldag base' and hookin' up with Mikey ? Lemme enlighten you - Mikey is hardly a person who deserves ANY credit. Back when I was in service, he used to run the marksmanship/sniping section in Mitkan Adam and was booted out due to incompetence. The only reason they keep him around is because his English is good enough to make him a semi-decent liason to civilian organizations. You might been to Palmachim, but in order to get into the Shaldag encampment you need 3 clearances - that's something not even all the active duty guys always have. 'Sides, you should've known that they refer to them just as a 'Battalion' and never call the name. Same goes for the 'testing of the Tavor' - it was issued to the Givati Tzabar for combat runs, then to Rotem and finally to Shaked; the only way you held one was to beg it off some so'jer on a leave. Sorry to derail the topic at hand, but it's something I had to rub your nose in.

It's not ######, I have photos from the trip. Including soldiers walking around in their hummingbird shirts and one of their armories. PM me your email and I will send you a few. We also took a ride in their jeeps around one of their vehicle courses, took a look at their bases perimeter with the whole sand thing where they look for any disturbances in the 8 or so feet of sand around the fence not to mention the electronic stuff.

How are we not supposed to be able to take off the fore-end ever?! Thats the same as giving someone an m4 with the electronics in the hand guard and telling them because you dont have directions from us how to you cant take this off. Also I later brought the right tools, just figured the knife was handy id try to use that, and i quickly realized it didnt work well so i grabbed my screwdrivers and hexes. Would you also like photos of me sitting in on Fidel Castro speaking in Cuba? That takes special passes and stuff too you know.

I forgot you could do this, I wont post the pics of the bases for obvious reasons of security (although I'd be happy to email you them if you need proof since your ex-IDF), but here are the ones of me (this was 2003 so I was quite young, I am in the red shirt third in from my siblings) listening to Fidel speak, still think I lie? I don't lie about this kind of stuff.

post-38408-1258078792_thumb.jpg

post-38408-1258078798_thumb.jpg

How about I show you my photos with the Queen of England sitting in my lap ? As for your pics, color me indifferent. But you can PM me your full name and dates you've been there, I have my own means for checking things like that.

For the #-nth time, unless you're qualified you are NOT supposed to take off parts beyond what's mentioned in the manual. The TAR foregrips are not VITAL to the AEG's functionality, there's nothing in there aside from PBC (which you aren't supposed to fook with in the 1st place). But if you still don't get it, try buying a PC, breaking store's seals on the case and then taking it back to the store demanding a replacement. That'll be the next winner on America's Finest Home Videos.

How about I show you my photos with the Queen of England sitting in my lap ? As for your pics, color me indifferent. But you can PM me your full name and dates you've been there, I have my own means for checking things like that.

For the #-nth time, unless you're qualified you are NOT supposed to take off parts beyond what's mentioned in the manual. The TAR foregrips are not VITAL to the AEG's functionality, there's nothing in there aside from PBC (which you aren't supposed to fook with in the 1st place). But if you still don't get it, try buying a PC, breaking store's seals on the case and then taking it back to the store demanding a replacement. That'll be the next winner on America's Finest Home Videos.

Oh, I dont reject the fact that I voided the warranty. I merely reject the warranty itself, of course I have voided it, its just a stupid warranty. I mean, if we do anything more than remove four screws in the receiver and the two required to remove the gearbox its voided. Why couldnt the manual have explained the entire gun like almost every other manual does? Most even have blown up pictures with all the pieces shown. Also, I have no idea the exact dates, I guess I could find out from my parents sometime. Are you suggesting they could be fraudulent photographs? Here I will find one that I can post here which should be a security risk.

There thats at palmachim, and the commander is facing away without his name showing. Recognize me?

I'll address ea one of you in order of appearance:

So far TSI came out with 4 product lines, and Tavor is only one of 'em. There's a metric ton of similar 'reviews' on YouTube done on different AEGs, but by the same category of teenage attention whores.

1st off, like I said - there's no way to know if the AEG indeed arrived broken. That 'look at the box, I just got it' ###### is ridiculous. And if I was doing a review on the car with a broken windscreen and on fire, I would a) contact the manufacturer firsthand about the windshield and not run grabbing my camcorder in order to spew another BS story on YouTube; B) contact the SHIPPING COMPANY and settle the 'on fire' issue with 'em. If the UPS guy dropped the box at his porch and something got broken inside, who's there to blame - the manufacturer or the UPS guy ?

Ya know, there's a website in US called resellerratings.com, it deals exclusively in reviews of different companies/manufacturers. One of the OBLIGATORY things a reviewer should provide once he chooses to post there, is an order #. Then he proceeds to EXPLAINING how and when he dealt with the company in question and what was the outcome. What we all seen here so far was both blatant ignorance on the part of the reviewer and his miserable failure at communication with the manufacturer.

Lemme rephrase and break it down for ya. You buy a thing you hardly know how to use; you try to take it apart, breaking parts in the process; you use inappropriate tools and make yourself look like a sad clown. Nah, the gun ain't for the experts - but if you do NOT possess at least SOME technical knowledge, do NOT attempt to look like an expert. In the review I posted earlier, notice it wasn't me who took the gun apart - it was Mr Ayal, since I didn't feel competent enough to tinker with something I had no clue about. Did I confuse you so far ?

I don't play those BS games, bub. It's either he had at least some idea what's he's talking about or he hadn't none. Maybe it'll come as a surprise to some, but there's a thing called 'template' and said 'templates' are being used in every aspect of daily life. You don't put on shoes without putting on your pants first, and you don't drive off before opening the garage door. Same here - he had the camera fixed on the tripod, but apparently didn't know what's he's gonna do next. As a result, he ended up breaking things that weren't broken prior to the filming, he publicly voided his AEG's warranty (something he could've avoided IF he bothered to read the manual before poking the gun with his POS pocket knife) and generally came out as a complete tool. If that lousy excuse for a review scared someone off, they shouldna ordered from TSI in the first place - who knows, maybe the color tint won't match their expectations and they'll go hysterical about it ?

Last, but not the least - I don't believe in coincidence. Instead, I believe in tendencies. The general tendency for TSI AEGs so far was that it's hi-quality, rock solid products - that being supported by the ZERO negative reviews on their products since the 1st Galil was shipped to a happy customer. I believe there's enough people on these boards who bought the TAR, and if every other one of 'em will come out with a negative feedback, that'll be something to think about. Until then, I call BS.

Bottom line - don't judge anything 'til you actually held it in your hands. I, for once, did - did you ?

PIECE OF SHT POCKET KNIFE? Go watch my other reviews of my knives such as the Extrema Ratio Doberman and Benchmade 520 Presidio. That was my utility knife, its a CRKT M21-12G. Lack of technical knowledge? Like what? I dont know how to unscrew a screw? TSI has made high quality products but this is their first mass production AEG that they designed. I dont think they were ready for it, I mean cmon, a crappy manual on a staples CD?

Nice red herring with the out-of-the-blue photo of some kid next to a Cobra. You clearly didn't understand none of what I've said. Done casting pearls here, I'll let someone else handle you and your BS.

some kid? God dammit thats f*cking me. There, can you not tell thats me? And yea thats my bro next to me. Recognize the palmachim symbol? Seriously give me your email and ill send you some shaldag pics. Jesus, do you seriously still not believe me?

post-38408-1258084545_thumb.jpg

HOLY POST SPAM BATMAN! Is called the edit button goddamnit <_< This review was an eye opener of sorts. obviously the gun was somewhat of a lemon, and from reading the other owners testimonies in the tavor thread, the tavor sounds decent (probably a bit expensive for its $500 pricetag), but not all that bad. I think the problem is, coming from TSI's previous offerings and the rumors of its ridiculously high quality (at way higher prices mind you), we were all expecting more. In fact, the gun seems t be a relatively standard AEG, with its own set f problems and quirks. I think I, personally, will hold off on proper judgement until there are a wide variety of in depth, not spur of the moment, reviews. The other thing you need to take into account is TSI is a VERY small OP, their production volume, even with IDF contracts or whatever, is probably a LOT less than the average ACM, Tiawanese(VFC), Japanese (Marui), etc. big name airsoft gun makers. As such, unit cost will be way up, not to mention they had to do some of their own R&D. On top of that, much like other (previously) small outfits Ex: magpul, etc; they set deadlines that were impractical and they couldn't keep them. So they rushed production (to an extent I think, I dunno how else some of these things couldn't have been caught, we are all human afterall) and the initial batch doesn't seem all that great. Only time will tell how these things pan out I suppose.

Glad everyone is keeping their heads :P

Edited by Vercingetorix

Let's say you are right, let us all agree that he shouldn't have touched that part, now; would that change the fact that the plastic sucks, that the proportions are just screwed, the lame packaging or the staples cd? People won't be dumping over 600 bucks to get a half-backed product.

I'm pretty sure the OP deserves more than what he receive.

HOLY POST SPAM BATMAN! Is called the edit button goddamnit <_< This review was an eye opener of sorts. obviously the gun was somewhat of a lemon, and from reading the other owners testimonies in the tavor thread, the tavor sounds decent (probably a bit expensive for its $500 pricetag), but not all that bad. I think the problem is, coming from TSI's previous offerings and the rumors of its ridiculously high quality (at way higher prices mind you), we were all expecting more. In fact, the gun seems t be a relatively standard AEG, with its own set f problems and quirks. I think I, personally, will hold off on proper judgement until there are a wide variety of in depth, not spur of the moment, reviews. The other thing you need to take into account is TSI is a VERY small OP, their production volume, even with IDF contracts or whatever, is probably a LOT less than the average ACM, Tiawanese(VFC), Japanese (Marui), etc. big name airsoft gun makers. As such, unit cost will be way up, not to mention they had to do some of their own R&D. On top of that, much like other (previously) small outfits Ex: magpul, etc; they set deadlines that were impractical and they couldn't keep them. So they rushed production (to an extent I think, I dunno how else some of these things couldn't have been caught, we are all human afterall) and the initial batch doesn't seem all that great. Only time will tell how these things pan out I suppose.

Glad everyone is keeping their heads :P

I agree, also I forgot about the edit button, I never really went on arnies until recently although I joined a while ago. We will see if it was a lemon when I get another one. Otherwise I agree and I mentioned how its a small company...thus the staples CD. Everything you said is dead on.

I agree, also I forgot about the edit button, I never really went on arnies until recently although I joined a while ago. We will see if it was a lemon when I get another one. Otherwise I agree and I mentioned how its a small company...thus the staples CD. Everything you said is dead on.

Whatever you do, don't video the opening! LOL

Seriously though. Even if you aren't completely satisfied, I think you'll have a better view of a working gun. May not be what you wanted, and maybe still well below you expectations going into the preorder, but anything is better then opening you new toy and seeing it broken in the box. Good Luck! :)

I'm sorry, but XKCD sucks, lol. :lol:

But seriously :lol: , I think we should listen to Qulevra, he's pretty 1337 and "in the know". Holy christ, serious business.

The review is fine. Yeah, you voided the warrenty, but so does any other proper review by going into the internals. You didn't break the gun, you broke a small, flimsy plastic hook. That's not "breaking the gun". What you did what dispel some hype and mysticism.

Earlier I compared it to the JLS RX4, but I guess another good comparison would be with a RealSword Type 97. Now there's an extremely solid, well-made plastic bullpup AEG, pretty much real-steel materials, at a lower price. I know which one I'd buy. Sorry TSI.

Edited by Utty
I guess another good comparison would be with a RealSword Type 97. Now there's an extremely solid, well-made plastic bullpup AEG, pretty much real-steel materials, at a lower price. I know which one I'd buy. Sorry TSI.

Spot on. I think that comparison is inevitable. A couple of TSI Tavor preorders guys have said they own T97s, so I wouldn't think the comparison is too far off.

Seriously Qulevra? You need to grow up. You think the TSI Tavor is that good? Do you feel that the reviewer didn't do a good job with the TSI Tavor? Post your own video, show him how it's done, and quite whining!

I too had very high expectations of this gun, I was hoping TSI would get everything right that ARES got wrong. Oh well.

Please give us an update once you receive your new gun!