• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok yesterday i finaly got my tavor

took it out of the box

and wow it is..... 1: way to oversized

2: wobbely as hell

3: made out of plastic or bubblegum (looks bad; feels bad)

the waiting time between fire modes isn't a laugh either takes 2-3 second to be ready to fire

in semi mode when i pull the trigger i can see my barrel flexing up and down

the front sights are attacted by a regular screw

the cocking handle jams to often (ok i know its fake)

the button for the lasir sight has dissapeared

and when ups delivers i cut open teh top end of the box didnt want it to break

but there were already loose parts on the inside even while opening it like that

havent tested it with magazines for now

but already i want to sell

anyone interested in a 2nd deal tavor ......... ANYONE PLZ

He's from somewhere around Gavere, I'll contact him by phone, if you want.

He's mad about G36's ;) He'll probably love you :D

You sure? people say my G36s are the work of the devil. :D I'll post some pics of what I've done with my SL9. ;)

Gavere, that's in the area of Gent, isn't it? That's not too far away.

Sure, tell him I don't mind passing by. :)

Couldn't help noticing, at around 0:28 into part 3 of that video you show the view of the gearbox through the opened buttstock.

In that shot the gearbox is clearly leant over to the left.

What's that all about?

Seems like this is gonna make for a lousy air seal between the nozzle and the hop-up.

Also, yeah. No need for all the arguing.

It's clear the OP isn't totally at ease with tools but there's plenty of stuff in there that wasn't caused by mis-use of tools.

Having said that, I did laugh at all the stuff related to the stripped allen screw.

The OP removed the foregrip screw with an imperial allen key (the yellow one) and was later seen removing the smaller screws with a metric (grey) allen key.

As a rule, companies don't put imperial and metric stuff on the same item.

That screw probably got mangled because you tried to use a 1.5mm allen key rather than a 1/16" one. ;)

Couldn't help noticing, at around 0:28 into part 3 of that video you show the view of the gearbox through the opened buttstock.

What's that all about?

Seems like this is gonna make for a lousy air seal between the nozzle and the hop-up.

It leans a little if the 2 quick release pins aren't totally tightened down. At least that's how mine works

• 2 weeks later...

What's that all about?

Also, yeah. No need for all the arguing.

It's clear the OP isn't totally at ease with tools but there's plenty of stuff in there that wasn't caused by mis-use of tools.

Having said that, I did laugh at all the stuff related to the stripped allen screw.

The OP removed the foregrip screw with an imperial allen key (the yellow one) and was later seen removing the smaller screws with a metric (grey) allen key.

As a rule, companies don't put imperial and metric stuff on the same item.

That screw probably got mangled because you tried to use a 1.5mm allen key rather than a 1/16" one. ;)

yea....about that, no one really taught me the difference I just kind of fit them, but it worked just fine for the other three screws...but who uses such small ones anyways, even one that fits easily strips it... BTW, I figured SAE was some american system as is the norm with metric vs. stupid american systems...someone feel like explaining this to me? And yea I kinda rushed it and in hindsight shouldnt have gone so far...sigh...

Unrelated: I hate flat charges: "CA residents - please add $50.88 sales tax.

S&H - flat $45 through out the US. Those of you who are over seas, please contact us for a shipping quote."

When I shipped it back it cost me 11$....added tax and S&H boosted it to 645.88$

Edited by Johngalt311
  • 2 weeks later...
yea....about that, no one really taught me the difference I just kind of fit them, but it worked just fine for the other three screws...but who uses such small ones anyways, even one that fits easily strips it... BTW, I figured SAE was some american system as is the norm with metric vs. stupid american systems...someone feel like explaining this to me? And yea I kinda rushed it and in hindsight shouldnt have gone so far...sigh...

We all live and learn.

Top tip: if you strip an allen screw you can often repair it by using a hammer to CAREFULLY flatten the head slightly.

The idea is that the allen screw will distort outwards and by tapping the front face of it you can kinda squeeze it back into shape by tapping on it.

If this works the smart thing to do is replace the screw once you've removed it rather than using it again.

currently you can buy sets of flat-headed drifts to use for knocking pins out of GBB M4s.

These also come in handy for bashing on allen screws that're in hard to get to places.

That Qulevra guy is really suspicious. I've never seen anyone defend a product so vehemently. If you guys were in the same room it'd probably break in to a fist fight. Saying that TSI has lost all credibility with me and I'm sure with many other people. There simply is no excuse for such a poor product, especially if it costs more than most super high grade rifles.

Edit: After looking at his 20 posts, it would be unlikely if he was anything but some sort of TSI spokesman. That is pretty low if they cant come out and admit they made a bad product. I'm thoroughly disgusted right now.

Edited by Smellysocks1
  • 3 weeks later...