Ares WA2000

BrooklynBorn

Vsr is insanely simple. Basically the front of the bolt unscrews after removing a small rivet, the brass nipple unscrews from the end of the tube, then the piston falls out, followed by a spring, then a spring guide. Just replace all of these parts and you are done. Seems like this gun would be insanely easy to upgrade.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm going out on a limb here, but can i offer to take a look at it? like literally have you ship it to me so that i can take it apart, determine its upgradeability, and put it back together again? i'm really good at things like this and promise to take good care of it. i just want to put the proper publication out about it. like, comprehensive picture tutorials and such.

and i also want to touch it.

i live in the north east, so it wont be TOO far away from you. just PM me if you want to.

i'm going out on a limb here, but can i offer to take a look at it? like literally have you ship it to me so that i can take it apart, determine its upgradeability, and put it back together again? i'm really good at things like this and promise to take good care of it. i just want to put the proper publication out about it. like, comprehensive picture tutorials and such.

and i also want to touch it.

i live in the north east, so it wont be TOO far away from you. just PM me if you want to.

+1 to that! Waiting for a proper internals review.

Lol, the guy just said he was going to baby the hell out of it and add it to his spotless collection.

Latest word from the other half of the world is that the wood crisis is over and production will continue on the wa2000 so in the next month or so, provided there are enough pre-orders, hopefully the market will be flooded. The new mk2 dsr-1 is looking pretty tempting now too.... The extra mag and bolt action is nice. The fact that the wa2000 uses spring instead of gbb is kind of sucky, but heck, it looks good. I'd say get your pre orders in asap to make sure you get one, as the design is questionable and would probably cost too much to change and it would be easier to cover up with an m82a1 release instead.... Hint hint

This email I received from Ares this morning seems to confirm the statement above from St7erk. Looks like I will indeed be getting a second one to upgrade the heck out of. :)

To: "'XXXX" <XXXXX@charter.net>

Subject: RE: WA 2000

Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 20:38:19 +0800

Dear XXXX,

Thanks for your email.

1. The WA2000 manual is not available at the moment, we will update in

our website once available.

2. ARES WA2000 is under production now. The ETA has to be confirmed.

Please kindly visit our website by time for updates www.aresairsoft.com

Best Regards,

Miranda Chan

Customer Service

Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 6:51 PM

To: info@aresairsoft.com

Cc: cs@aresairsoft.com

Subject: WA 2000

Good Morning,

I have two questions.

1- Is a disassembly or exploded view manual for the WA 2000 going to be available soon?

2- How long will the WA 2000 be available for? It has been reported that production has ended because of the high cost of cutting the wood and the wood is in limited supply.

Please email me when convenient.

Thank you,

XXXX XXXXXXX

• 3 weeks later...

You are right about them needing a spring dsr, ninja! I just bought the gas one, a mag malfunctioned spewing silicone oil and nasty smelling green gas right into my right eye. I'd have preferred spring for sure! I still am waiting for my pre-order wa2000. :-/ bought the dsr because it was a bullpup something!

• 4 weeks later...

Good News. The manual for the WA2000 is available for download on Ares main website.

Even better news, mine shipped out yesterday from uncompany, wargamers has a bunch of them in stock. The company that is supposed to be the exclusive distributor in the US told me they won't be getting theirs until Christmas though. They must be getting a slow boatload, I dunno. I'll have this thing apart first thing and posting reviews and info on it the day I get it.

Even better news, mine shipped out yesterday from uncompany, wargamers has a bunch of them in stock. The company that is supposed to be the exclusive distributor in the US told me they won't be getting theirs until Christmas though. They must be getting a slow boatload, I dunno. I'll have this thing apart first thing and posting reviews and info on it the day I get it.

Glad to hear yours shipped. I noticed eHobby Asia has them back in stock as well. Thats where I bought mine from. I am looking forward to your teardown guide. If it is actually as easy as it looks, I may do a spring upgrade on mine in the future. Too many irons in the fire right now.

Okay... I got it.

I had purchased the dsr-1 to fill the time that the wa2000 would take to get here, my impressions are this:

Anyone who has used or tried the dsr-1 ( version 2) , it is a great gun and rightfully should be called the gun of 2010 it is overly powerful out of the box, it shoots perfectly, but it weighs a ton. Feels even heavier because it is balanced a bit nose heavy. Some people like this, which is okay, but me personally, I like a balanced gun that pulls to your shoulder and feels like an extension. The wa 2000 takes it. the thing is top notch. Save for a stripped screw on the bipod mount, which is annoying, but couldn't happen to a better person, as I do not use the bipod, nor do I see a reason to. I can shoot it standing, sitting, prone, running, you name it.

It is a gun I will skirmish with.

I took it apart three hours after I got it. It was shooting around 360-370. The piston, guide and nozzle are all plastic. This Is a direct vsr-10 replacement bolt.

How do you get that bolt out? Quickest way, I found after taking it ALL apart, which took me twenty minutes, is this:

1. Remove scope mount ( two Allen screws on top)

2. Remove the fore grip ( two Allen on bottom)

3. Lay the gun, butt to the left of you, on it's left side ( the grip towards you)

4. Remove the bolt lever on the right side ( facing you)

5. Remove the forward cover, leaving the rear cover on.

6. With the included tool, screw the tool into the pin inside the dummy magwell. ( you will understand when you see this) and pull the pin out ( downward motion, pulling away from the magwell)

7. Loosen the one Allen screw that is clamping the cocking assembly (black) to the bolt assembly (silver)

8. Remove the screws that are used to extend the butt stock, and remove the butt stock.

9. Push the nozzle toward the back of the gun to push the cylinder out, the cylinder will pop out and come out where the butt stock was.

10. Reverse to put it together. ( upgrade the cylinder as you would any vsr-10)

I put a king arms gas cylinder in mine, 500 fps! I had to do a simple mod for the gas fill that's virtually unnoticeable

Loving this gun and how well it is made. Sturdy and very very well-balanced

I have photos of my take-apart session. You will see them soon

everyone seeems to want it vsr compatable,yes the cylinder parts for vsr are good.

BUT does it have the main thing that makes a vsr so good,the same hopunit or style of hopunit,having vsr compatibility means nothing if the hop is bad.

please post pics of the hopunit/set up

Will do! I think you will like it a lot. Seriously. The hop up is very elegant

can you just say if its a VSR type hop up or not? the anticipation is killing me.

vsr style hop ( uses vsr rubber ) they use nice thick hop rubber for the hop, everything is metal, everything machined, clickers are tight and precise ( not plastic)

see the pic

post-67933-12823914628719_thumb.jpg

So many questions...

1. So the hopup chamber is excellent then and will not need to be replaced? I planned on throwing a TM Precision chamber in mine.

2. Is it drop in compatible with aftermarket chambers?

3. Is it compatible with VSR buckings?

4. Compatible with VSR barrels?

5. Does it come with, and will it need, barrel spacers? Is there even room for them?

6. Running at 500 FPS, how's the range, accuracy, & consistency?

7. How's the trigger assembly on these? Is it drop in compatible with new sears & zero triggers?

8. How's the magazine system on these? Any double feeding problems? Looks kinda like the feed system on the new TM L96.

Sorry for all the questions, I really want to buy one but I'm not spending $600+ on a useless wall-hanger :)

the chamber is pretty obviously proprietary in that picture. but tat the same time, it looks nicely machined and fits well together. the bucking looks like a TM style bucking, same for the barrel, but ill wait for s7erk's input. the outer barrel looks like it sits right onto the barrel, but it could probably due with a wrapping of paper for a non wobble fit(like an AtoZ dragunov).

its true accuracy and range wont be seen until it receives the treatment of a precision barrel.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys/girls

i've recetly been looking atthese Ares WA2000's same as you i ave many questons on upgrades to the system. The one thing is it really skirmishable, there seems to be confuson on this subject, some say it's not due to the weight others say it's possible.

I've watched both Redwolf Review and Ehobby Reviews, Sadly they don't do much justice for it as you don't see a great firing test to show it's potential.

So whats it really like?

Seeing as i live in the UK it's just a major concern as the huge shipping charge of $100+ so it's about £400 to get it to me, and if it's not going to perform well i see no point. So is there anyting you guys can share so i can make a decision.

My main weapon at the moment is an Ares FN Fal which is great for midrange sniping but i'm looking for a more long range rifle. As we do a lot of sniper games here during.

So any help?

Regards

Venom

Redwolf Review -

Ehobby Review - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-SdJquZ_fE

oh and just to compare i found this - http://www.collectorairsoft.com/afa_wa2000.html $3749 compared to $500 - Still i would prefer the $3749 but ah dreams.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

oh and just to compare i found this - http://www.collectorairsoft.com/afa_wa2000.html $3749 compared to $500 - Still i would prefer the $3749 but ah dreams.

Hey please don't compare a VSR in a body kit (!!) with the Asahi WA2000. Yes the Asahi it's pricey but it was produced in 1993 and only in 250pcs !! And still it's the best gun I've handled in terms of performance and accuracy!!

George

Archived