Ares WA2000

BrooklynBorn

Probably will cost an arm and a leg and probably wont shoot as well as other decent sniper rifles, gas or spring for the matter.

But hey - since it is a WA2000! then ppl will still buy them just to have one.

Nice marketing lol.

B.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all reality, since this is an airsoft rifle it won't be very effective sniper rifle. It will probably have a 20" inner barrel, and be outranged by M4s and M16s.

In my opinion, the only way it will be remotely skirmishable is if it is an AEG. Given Ares track record with gas snipers, I would prefer it to be an AEG. It will probably be gas in the mag though. :(

Time will tell when more information is released. I told my wife last night that I would be lying if I said I won't buy one, especially if it is sub 700USD including the scope.

Knowing Ares track record I think we can all agree the likelihood that it'll be an AEG is remote. It'll probably be spring, 134A, propane, CO2 or all of the above. As much as I like the look of my Ares DSR-1 and the way it feels, I was always unimpressed with it's performance out of the box.

Why the love for AEG snipers? Want to run around firing hicaps from the hip with it?

From what owners of other Ares guns say, I can see it might be a duff performer, but that's not the gas or spring format's fault, it's Ares' implementation of it.

I can't see any advantage to an AEG sniper for sniping... GBB sounds like the way to go for a WA2000 to me (and who's to argue with Candyman, eh? ;) )

Cheers.

Why the love for AEG snipers? Want to run around firing hicaps from the hip with it?

I don't know dude. Having an AEG sniper does not necessarily imply the user will have it in full auto or run it with hicaps. One of my teammates have a Real Sword AEG SVD Sniper. He can't use it in full auto, nor with a hicap, nor shoots from the hip. And he's getting better range and accuracy than any other non-sniper AEG out there. That said, a tuned VSR or Tanaka will always out shoot it, but I don't see AEG Snipers as being complete fail.

Also: AEG snipers FTW.

They're more versatile and user friendly than their bolt action and gas counterparts. Easier to work on, easier to play with. Also the benefit of sharing parts and magazines with your other AEGs.

They're more versatile and user friendly than their bolt action and gas counterparts. Easier to work on, easier to play with. Also the benefit of sharing parts and magazines with your other AEGs.

off topic..but..

bolt action snipers are MUCH easier to work on than any type of AEG. They are also more user friendly, a stock BAR/VSR 10 will be extremely durable, more so than any AEG shooting at sniper velocities. There is also less that can go wrong when there is no battery or motor.

and you get far, far less ultimate performance which is what most snipers really care about in the endgame.

A little back on topic, it should be cool having a bullpup sniper introduced in the market, anyone have experiences with bullpup sniper designs?

As for what powers it, it says on their site.

• Gas blow back

• Single shoot

• Cal. 6mm BB, 4.5m Pellet...

• Top gas, CO2

It just takes forever and a day for the whole page to load correctly. Not terribly surprising as all the Ares snipers seem to be gas, but still pretty cool.

Yes, but M99 is a bolty and a springer.

There is also word that Tanaka is making a M99 Gas gun : Model 99 Sniper Rifle (with Scope) 98,000 Yen. That price tag should tell you that this is not some small rifle. And there is nothing wrong about a bolt action too!

• 3 weeks later...

Pre-orders are now available for the WA2000... Looks good at just over $500

Still no pictures of it with the "black" finish just the silver and wood which looks pretty terrible. Hopefully it shoots well enough to be a sniper rifle and will have co2 mags, like the other ARES sniper platforms

and the CO2 mags arent over a hundred bucks.

500 makes me extremely happy. will wait for reviews on this one though. the only thin i want to hear about is the hop up and consistency.

if its a good hop and the consistency aint too bad, ill pick it up for sure. hopefully its not a limited edition model as this will be the first production WA2000 in over a decade.

where are the pre orders being held? at a shop or ARES themselves?

Do we care to speculate on how the semi auto system will work? According to Ares, it can take gas or CO2. Where? In the magazine similar to their DSR-1? Or is it a hybrid like the older Asahi?

Out of curiousity, what is the length of the inner barrel? My google searches have turned up nothing. It looks as though it is at least 20" (508mm) long.

Added to the fact that while 520.00 is a great price, does this include the scope, extra magazines, etc. I have read on several preorder sites that this will hit the retail market in Jaunary 2010. Yet there is still virtually no information.

I would love to preorder this, however I was burned on the Ares DSR-1. I don't want this purchase to be another sexy wall hanger.

Archived