BrooklynBorn

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's still fun to see how the "armchair snipers" cry about the lack of a cr*ppy gas system or a most useless blowback feature. :D

This might be the first skirmishworthy Ares sniper rifle, finally with a decent hopup and upgradeability?

Now a spring DSR-1, please!

the only thing is that ehobby switched from saying it was a VSR like system yesterday to an "upgradeable bolt action spring power system" today.

it may be too different to be immediately upgradeable with VSR parts, but it may be with filing here and there.

It's still fun to see how the "armchair snipers" cry about the lack of a cr*ppy gas system or a most useless blowback feature. :D

This might be the first skirmishworthy Ares sniper rifle, finally with a decent hopup and upgradeability?

Now a spring DSR-1, please!

Agreed! biggrin.gif

Ares apparently will be soon producing an M40A3 and SAKO-TRG soon too... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well Gents, it has finally arrived!!

Ares%20WA2000%202.JPG

Standard Ares packaging. Nice sticker on the corner of the box.

Ares%20WA2000%204.JPG

Everything fit nice and tight in the box. Sadly no manual. The box cover says to download it.

Ares%20WA2000%209.JPG

Quality assurance tag. 120 Meters per second converts to 394fps. I have not had a chance to chrono it using my chrono, but will do so this weekend. The spring is VERY easy to pull back, so upgrading it with the next size spring should not be an issue.

Ares%20WA2000%2010.JPG

Overall shot with bipod fitted.

Ares%20WA2000%2011.JPG

Rear end shot. Very nice trades on both sides, ambidextrious selector. Dummy magazine holds 3 faux .308 rounds

Ares%20WA2000%2012.JPG

Image of charging handle.

At first blush, I am please. Fit and finish are excellent. I laid down behind it to get a feel of the gun and find out how hard it would be to pull the charging handle. It was very easy to do prone, and it was not uncomfortable to do so. The gun is very ergonomic. I will chrono it this weekend and report back what my actual chrono readings are. Once I download the manual I may write a proper review and post it in the reveiw section.I also need to find a proper scope and rings for it.

Fantastic! You've got the beginnings of a great review. When you get more info such as how it performs etc, definitely compile it into a review thread and please post a link to the thread here for members to follow it.

Looks very nice. I still wish it was semi-auto, but if it shoots as good as it looks ... that's forgivable. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

How does it shoot?? Fps?? We are all waiting with baited breath for some details! Is it skirmishable? I have one ordered and would like to know about upgrade parts and weight and barrel type...

How does it shoot?? Fps?? We are all waiting with baited breath for some details! Is it skirmishable? I have one ordered and would like to know about upgrade parts and weight and barrel type...

Ask and you shall receive. Chrono results that is. I had to test this out in my garage, as it is raining here. I included photos (or it didnt happen) and I apologize for the quality of the image.

All shots were fired through a Gaurder Speeder 2000 chronograph using .20bbs by Tokyo Marui.

WA2000%20Chrono%201.JPG

WA2000%20Chrono%202.JPG

WA2000%20Chrono%203.JPG

Shot 1 - 386fps

Shot 2 - 374

Shot 3 - 386

Shot 4 - 374

Shot 5 - 386

I was slightly dissapointed with these results, as they are less than what the QA tag shows. I feel the variance is due to the fact that the flash hider will not fit into the alignment nozzle of the chrono, thus the bb path may not be as straight as possible.

The rifle itself is not light, and tips the scales at just over 14lbs. That is fairly heavy considering it is made of aluminum and wood. The inner barrel is at least 18" long. I personally am hoping for a 20 - 24" barrel seeing as this is a bullpup configuration. I have no idea though how large the internal action is. I have NOT attempted disassembly of the gun yet, as there is not a manual available on aresairsoft.com yet. Once one becomes available or someone else in the world gets theirs and takes it apart, that is the best I can do at the moment. I am hoping a simple spring swap will boost the fps into proper sniper velocities. I have not received my proper scope and rings yet from RSOV Express, so I have not tested the guns range yet either.

One interesting note. The bbs are held in a long tube that runs under the outer barrel. Depessing the small lever and tipping the muzzle down allows the bb tube to slid out. It has a small follower on the end. Loading is simply a matter of dumping 50 bbs (more than enough for a days worth of sniping) into the resevoir and replacing the tube. When the bb tube is pushed all the way into the gun and locked in place, the bbs press the follower back.

BB tube released.

WA2000%2013.JPG

Locked into position

WA2000%2014.JPG

I would imagine once the main spring is replaced getting the gun into the 450+ fps range, this will be very skirmishable. It is heavy but compact, and extremely ergonomic. Pulling the charging handle at present is very easy while prone. I will post photos once I get my scope fitted.

geese, never mention a videogame like that in a topic like this, you just make people rage and automatically judge you as an ignorant 13 year old game ###### that doesn't know anything about guns beyond what he sees in videogames. that may sound harsh, but its true even if nobody says it.

now, somebody was developing a KRISS (the actual name of the Vector) a year ago (madbull) but dropped the project due to financial reasons. i havn't heard of any further development. i kinda hope KWA develops one so that we can use existing USP mags in it like the real one.

• 3 weeks later...

well guys, word is that ares stopped making it for good. if you have your money trapped somewhere like uncompany where it won't be refunded, you are s.o.l. I should have ordered sooner

Archived