Ability to see Classifieds/Lock Threads

When i joined this forum i wanted the ability to see the guns being sold and traded in the classified section.

I wasn't interested in purchasing guns, but I was interested in seeing different and possibly rare guns.

Would it be possible for members with under 100 posts to view the classified section but not post anything whatsoever?

Another question/suggestion:

Would it be possible for topic starters to lock their own threads without having to wait for a moderator to lock it?

This could be pretty useful in the classified section as well as in topics in which the question has been answered.

Since I haven't reached that 100 post limit to be able to see the sales section (though I can get to the classifieds page and browse that, which i only found out about recently), I can't say for certain, but if it's like BST sections on other forums, allowing users to browse that section without being in a certain group could allow those people the system is trying to keep out to get in and potentially scam other users. There would be nothing to prevent the user from just sending a PM to the seller, where it would then rest upon the seller to determine if the potential buyer is trustworthy. I figure the system in place seems to work better than it used to, so users just need to get to 100 (useful) posts before being granted access.

Edited by yee245