Sales Filter

Hi there oh omniscient admins,

I was wondering, what is the chance of being able to filter out certain sections of the classifieds? There's nothing more depressing than seeing the gun of your dreams and finding it on the American Sales Section. Would it be possible to create a filter so you could choose to ignore US Sales, Worldwide, or indeed UK Sales when using New Posts... or indeed just ignore certain sales sections entirely?

It's been a while since I've worked seriously on any forums, certainly long enough to not be able to remember if it's possible.

I'll leave it to you, but I'd love it... keep falling in love with guns on the strength of the thread title and then finding it's in the wrong country... breaks my heart, lol.

Cheers

Mat (obviously)

Edited for paw spooling.

Edited by Mat

Erm....

You know the sales forums are already divided up into Brit, yank and worldwide sections, right?

And, beyond that, when you use the advanced search function you can specify which forum you want to search?

Can't really see how anything more complex is required.

About the only thing I would suggest is that people posting stuff for sale in the worldwide section might consider putting their country in the thread title so that people can search for everything in a specific country.

Course, given that half the members here can't even be bothered to select a country for their profile, or they pick something "cool" such as Somalia or Iraq (:rolleyes:), I'm not sure how we'll convince people to add their country to the title of a sales thread.

lol

It doesn't differentiate in the "new posts." Like so:

Untitled.jpg

It really isn't an inconvenience... I figure it won't take too much time and be difficult to add a "US" or "UK". But whatever... not like people will die with or without it.

Edited by master_titled
keep falling in love with guns on the strength of the thread title and then finding it's in the wrong country... breaks my heart, lol.

+1

Originally there was no (UK/US/Worldwide) part in "for sale" names, and there was the same problem, eventually raised here. Thankfully admins changed that overnight, as it was a very reasonable and simple thing :-)

Now, after multiple levels of sub-forums were added (gas/aeg...) the problem is back, because section names do not have a region ID in them. This is not a problem when browsing manually, but it's not convenient when using "View new posts" option (probably like most of us here).

This would be a VERY simple (just edit subforum name) and VERY reasonable (as demonstrated in the past) change.

Now, after multiple levels of sub-forums were added (gas/aeg...) the problem is back, because section names do not have a region ID in them. This is not a problem when browsing manually, but it's not convenient when using "View new posts" option (probably like most of us here).

Actually, no.

I've never used that kind of function in any forum.

I find it tends to mean you only other look at the stuff everybody else is looking at.

Having said that, I guess I can see the point.

We'll see if we can get something done.