'90 pattern PLCE webbing holster

mosman76

yep, thats the one.

not very rare at all. i have one but without the shoulder straps so it just fits on to a belt.

I think they are a little more difficult to find due to everyone selling the slightly newer, DPM version. which is identical to the older one, apart from the coulor scheme.

another idea might be to try to attach the older 58pattern holster, although I think this would require the 58pattern belt to work. which is an idea which may have cropped up in the early day's of PLCE, when odd bits like holsters may well have been hard to come by.

what do you guys think about to put the Bianchi m12 holster on PLCE? will it fit? is the hook suitable on the belt?

best I can say is that alice clips, which IRRC are used with the same belt as the bianchi is designed to fit, are a very tight fit on PLCE. you really have to force them down through the loops on the back of the belt. add the width of those loops as well, and you may (and I say may, I don't know) find it won't fit.

The Bianci M12 doesn't use normal ALICE clips, it's got 2 metal clips on the back that you have to squeeze to get it on and off the belt. So long as the PLCE belt is roughly the same dimensions of an ALICE belt, then it should fit fine. I used to have one and it was a tight fit on the ALICE belt, but for a reason - that thing was rock-solid when it was on the belt, no way was it going to slide around in a hurry. If you've got an ALICE belt (I had LC2), try and compare it to your PLCE belt, and if the dimenions are similar, then it should fit, but quite tightly.

• 1 month later...

The only place I've ever seen them used is on the ranges and by the MPGS on guard! Most of the guys in the 1990s era British Army would buy their own or just stick it in a pocket (or most likely, given that we were in Bosnia in the top of a day sac!). It's extremely unlike you'd bother fitting it to your belt kit; as webbing is usually worn in a tactical environment in which a rifle is carried. Plus it just simply isn't "Brecon".

Archived