Condor Soft Shells

sierra hotel

I got mine as well last night. Luckily it was pouring rain all night.

So far Im pretty impressed. It's lightweight, and pretty worm for a soft shell. It's composed of 3 layers. The inside has some micro-fleece type stuff on it (Im not sure if it actually is, but it appears to be, and the inside of the chest pockets, and hood have this as well). The outside is as expected for a soft shell. There is a double zipper, theres a ton of pockets and such all over the jacket (lower arms, upper arms, chest, and if you wanna count the one on the back too that makes 7) and inside of the chest pockets there are smaller pockets for money, change, etc. There are also small holes for threading headphones from the pocket to the inside of the jacket, which I thought was really nifty. The hood folds up well, not to mention it's adjustable in every way you could want. Not only does it constrict around the face, but it can also do so around the back and sides of the head so you can fit it to you just right.

Oh and the hood has a little brim that could keep rain off your face and what not, yet it's not really bold, nice and sleek. The bottom of the jacket is adjustable too, as well as the cuffs. All the stitching and such on my jacket are fine, in fact, I couldn't find one loose or torn thread. Also, the elbows have an extra layer of fabric for strength. From what I can tell so far this is a pretty well made jacket. Especially for the price. I got mine from USCAV for 60 on black friday. I stood out in the howling downpour for 20 minutes last night, and the jacket not only kept me warm (as it was cold out, and there was a light wind), but it kept me dry as well. I had the hood up and my hands in my pockets. The would would either bead up or just slip off. After I got back inside, I shook the jacket off of excess water and it was pretty much dry. My pants and sneakers however...I ordered a Medium in black. Im about 5'10 and 165-170 pounds and it fits me a little big around the waist and it's a little long (by my standards, I like short jackets, my normal jacket is a size 36 leather biker jacket, and the belt sits right on my waist) but everything else fit nicely. That shouldn't be an issue though as the waist is adjustable.

In comparison to other jackets (The only other soft shells Ive had/worn are Arc'Teryx LEAF and Flying Cross stuff) it seems like a pretty sturdy contender. You get all the bang without the buck. For airsoft it's more then suitable, and for everyday wear it's a nice, sleek looking jacket. Honestly, it's alot nicer then I expected, especially in comparison to Arc'Teryx, which as you know is top notch. The only problem I have with the Condor jacket is that, it looks so nice that Im not really going to want to be playing airsoft in it and getting it all muddy and stuff :D

Im really happy with it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called OPSGEAR today wondering about my jacket (as they said it would be a week or two and I have not heard anything else from them sense 2 weeks ago). The guy there told me they dont expect to get anymore in till the end of the month. He also said that Condor sent them a small batch and are taking a while to get the next one with difficulties in getting the material.

Hopefully mine will come soon!

when you say a small batch do you mean low quantity or that they sent a batch of size smalls? I cant find this coat anywhere in size SM.

maybe they thought short people dont need to be dry? I'm probably getting a Dakine spftshell anyway, looks like a TAD hoodie minus all the velcro and about 150 cheaper.

when you say a small batch do you mean low quantity or that they sent a batch of size smalls?

Im pretty sure they meant small as in low quantity. The gentlemen said that condor is quickly trying to produce more but are having snags with getting the material.

Staffy, I had an order confirmation too only to get another email to say it was out of stock. On the phone the gentlemen said all orders will be dealt with by who ever ordered it first gets one first.

Im pretty sure they meant small as in low quantity. The gentlemen said that condor is quickly trying to produce more but are having snags with getting the material.

Staffy, I had an order confirmation too only to get another email to say it was out of stock. On the phone the gentlemen said all orders will be dealt with by who ever ordered it first gets one first.

Thanks for the info. I've placed my order last Saturday, received the confirmation email, and nothing else...

I actually just picked one up as a local retailer had them in stock and I absolutely love it. I was planning on using it for airsofting but now after wearing it for a couple days I dunno if I want to do that; I'm afraid I'll ruin it :P It does a fantastic job in both keeping you warm and keeping you dry; I was up in the mountains today in about 34*F weather with rain coming down and was outside for about 3+ hours. All I had underneath was a t-shirt and a long sleeve hooded t-shirt and I was never cold and was actually quite warm, not sweating, but comfortable. Great little jacket! :D

Blast. My girlfriend tried to pick up one for me for Christmas. She couldn't find anyone with them in stock that had an OD large. It looks like I'll have to buy my own whenever they get back in stock. It looks to be a promising jacket. Hopefully I'll actually use mine for airsoft unlike the rest of you. :P lol

I just got mine today. They sent the wrong size I ordered, but the XL seems to fit nice (I ordered 2X even the order info sheet says 2X). I called OPSGEAR to let them know they sent the wrong one and they imediatly checked to see if there was a 2X in stock and offered to send it out and cover all the shipping, so +1 for customer service.

I was supprised by the weight of this jacket. It is VERY warm, I was able to walk out into 20F degree weather and be nice and toasty. I cant find any complaints about this jacket other than the fact I want one in every color now!

But I heard that the Condor soft shells had a problem with the front zipper? Was this an early production issue or has it been ironed out?

No problems with mine.

And took mine hiking on a trail I'm very familiar with and have hiked many times in other jackets, I must say the breathability of the jacket was excellent. Hardly any moisture inside the jacket, and I've come off this trail before completely covered in sweat wearing other jackets.

So I'm happy.

• 2 weeks later...
Regarding the front zipper, yea, I have had problems with mine. Nothing major but still, an inconvenience.

is it a front zipper on the soft shell or the fleece liner?

I am going to get the new foliage color that just came out this last week..

oetech is the same as condoor if i am not mistaken. same maker, same design, diffrent name?

The Foliage looks great in person, it has a smokey ghost feel to it that should blend in pretty well.

rad

• 3 weeks later...

Necro, but mine has arrived yesterday.

Totally satisfied with it at first look, seems to be a lot better than the Orc PCU Lv. V° I own.

Next week end I'll test it under my Arktis waterproof smock at a h.72 mountain environment mil-sim, where I heard temperature goes about -20 C°

Archived