UK Vehicle Registration Plate!

greg

I know of someone that would give an arm and leg.

Well possibly just a little finger....

I'm sure there's websites which you can get valuations for this. Other wise search ebay for rough prices, for the average CB 714 (random combo there) you get expect a few hundred quid as they're at least that when you buy them from the DVLA.

I know of someone that would give an arm and leg.

Well possibly just a little finger....

I'm sure there's websites which you can get valuations for this. Other wise search ebay for rough prices, for the average CB 714 (random combo there) you get expect a few hundred quid as they're at least that when you buy them from the DVLA.

Thanks, I am aware of the dvla system. You are correct, the DVLA reserve price on a 'letter-two number-tree letter' combo would be around £250(+ handling fee+vat+assignment fee). This would then be auctioned & could realize a higher price depending on purchaser relevance.

Last year's highest selling 'letter-two number-three letter' combo with a reserve of £250 went for a staggering £33,000. It just happened to be 'Ferrari' relevant!

What I'm after, is a figure based on relevance. The DVLA & plate traders have no idea how to value this.

The reason I asked here, is because this configuration is 'gun' relevant.

I felt that only folk who are interested in this sort of thing, could put a figure on it.

Please ask your mate how much he would give as a realistic valuation. In £ sterling as opposed to limbs. :D

Greg.

That's the thing with this sort of item, you never know how much someone is willing to pay for something like this. On one hand maybe nobody would be that obsessed with 1911's to want one of these and it may go for only a few hundred...

But the more likely (high likely hand) there will be someone out there who would want a number plate like this, and you'd need to find 2 people bad enough to want it that they'd start a bidding war and end up paying stupid money ;)

Is this a hypothetical question you're asking or do you own something which is quite cool?

Also about my mate...I'm sure he'll spring into action soon enough when he sees this, he's hardly inconspicuous about his passion for 1911's, and that's a clue for you there ;)

This is obviously a little random, but how much would a number plate like this be worth, for any one interested in that sort of thing, in the UK?

C 45 ACP (.45 Automatic Colt Pistol), the designation of the ammo for the 1911.

Greg.

aaahhhhh thats what ACP stands for! I've always wondered that! :D

Archived