ARES Tavor TAR-21 - First Impressions

You have to remove the rear sight, ( a single allen key on top.)

Then theres 4 little screws under that and the front sling mount to remove. with that done the sight will come away with its base plate. that screws off and you'll put that bit back on the gun. :)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to buy the Tan Tavor however I noticed the shortage of the black model so I went with that. The Tan model apparently has the longer inner barrel, but I don't know by how much. A sales rep told me the Tan version shoots way better and he likes it over the black model. The problem for me was I never saw a real steel Tan Tavor.

I was going to buy the Tan Tavor however I noticed the shortage of the black model so I went with that. The Tan model apparently has the longer inner barrel, but I don't know by how much. A sales rep told me the Tan version shoots way better and he likes it over the black model. The problem for me was I never saw a real steel Tan Tavor.

Paint it?

A shortage? I cheap chinasoft store that just opened near me selling nothing but UTG and JLS has an Ares TAVOR! :P

Im using a Madbull python barrel, it hasnt arrived yet though.

I added a barrel extension to make it look less short and chunky too, :)

4070420164_51678bd634.jpg

I've been looking at the extension you suggested and it's 190mm. I've the feeling that will be too long. I estimate the extension (from the end of the foregrip) to be around 120mm - any thoughts? :)

A sales rep told me the Tan version shoots way better and he likes it over the black model. The problem for me was I never saw a real steel Tan Tavor.

It'll be interesting to see if the TAR (tan one) shoots better due to the longer inner barrel, or because they've fixed some of the internal issues people have highlighted in the CTAR (e.g. leaky air nozzle).

I was surprised to see that the TAR is cheaper than the CTAR; we still have to pay more for the CTAR, presumably for the pleasure of owning the Ares MARS. What with the TAR having longer outer and inner barrels and a couple of rails, I'd have thought they'd have priced it the same as the CTAR - but it's $50 cheaper.

Good on Ares, I say.

I've also noticed a shortage of the CTAR version - a couple of places are sold out (e.g. Redwolf), but I thought there may have been a run on it, after the true horror of the TSI became apparent.

I am more inclined to believe the inner and outer barrel is just longer on the TAN ver, but I'm still unaware of any internal changes. I am getting a new model of the CTAR (not 1st batch), so hopefully there will be some changes made internally.