Robinio's Review on the Bollé X800
Didn't find a thread about this product so I'll write a short review

Why Bollé X800?

Well, I always wanted this goggle, I had to choose between the ESS NVG or the Bollè X800, since this was much cheaper (and also used by some special squads in the Swedish Armed Forces) I choose the X800.

First Impression:

The looked serious, very robust and the glass/lens looks very clear, in fact I can't really see the lens when wearing it, there are so clear it feels that there are no lens at all, the strap feels very secure, its about 2.5 cm wide.

Functions:

Not so much I think, the lens can be swapped for several others and
the lens is also coated in an anti-fog solution, I tried to breathe heavy on it but it didn't fog up, so this will be a plus when using them, the lens is also 2 mm thick, and as I've heard they will stand a .22 lr round from point blank.

Durability:

Haven' tested them yet, will do and will report back.

But at the moment I'm very happy with them.

Pic: (crappy phone camera)
14542_1266584660665_1111251712_836692_4615903_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I hated mine. The strap position sits right across your ears and isn't comfortable for long periods.

Also I was worried about how secure the lens sat/were held to the frame.

I wore them starting at the top of my head (the back center of the head) and then slanting downward over the ears and they stayed pretty well and I was comfortable in them.

• 7 months later...

I have a pair of these from BoTach Tactical, and I like them, but there are flaws. The lens seems on the thin side, the clip that holds the lens in seems like it would break if it were shot, and there's a gap on the bottom of the goggles between the frame and the lens, which seems like it would be large enough for a BB to pass under. Besides those three flaws, they are some seriously good goggles. They never fog, even in the brutal humid climate, and the clarity is excellent, sometimes it seems like you're not even wearing any goggles. Also, they stay on very tightly, even when not wearing a helmet, compared to the ESS Land Ops I've used which seemingly fit loose on my head unless I wear my helmet.

Edited by Medicman
  • 3 months later...

My X800s are very comfortable and don't seem to steam up except when I use them OTG. However, the outside lense scratches incredibly easily. The vents at the top of the goggles are also covered by very thin foam and it's not impossible that a BB could fit through the gap. Very unlikely but... I save these for long games when I need to wear my glasses.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...