I'm not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else, but Condor renamed this jacket as the Summit and released a new version called the Phantom. The Phantom is available now and has a few much needed changes:

No more hood, and therefore a much shorter collar (the enormous collar was my biggest gripe with the "Summit" softshell.

Blocked construction, which hopefully means it's somewhat fitted instead of the shapeless blob of the Summit.

Front slash handwarmer pockets instead of Napoleon chest pockets.

It's basically a softshell version of the micro fleece jacket (without the thumb holes); they've also released a fleece version of the original softshell.

The fleece lining means it's still a little too warm for airsofting in my region, but I could see myself getting a black one for hiking and running errands on a rainy day.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've bought a Summit-version from Evike a few months ago and use it rather like an everyday vest... And I must say that it's pretty good... Gave it an extra rain protective coating and in the rainy Belgium weather nothing passes through. Like someone allready said, the hood makes the collar thick but it's still useful to have it on those rainy days. Surely because you can fully adjust the hood to fit your head well...

I have a size Medium and I'm 1m80 and 76 kg. It fits nice and leaves some space to allow thicker clothing under it...

I've always loved Condor gear (pouches and stuff) but never tried their clothing line... I'm expecting an order from Vegas_vixin on ebay containing several items (base pull over, watch cap, gloves, phantom softshell and hoodie fleece) Alot of the gear is for professional use...

I have their new Phantom version (Or Gen 2 Soft Shell) and it is pretty good. It has held up to the rain and wind very well here in the New England. After wearing it for two weeks, I am interested in their fleece (Gen 1 -as I am not a huge fan of hoods). For the price, I think you get a lot of bang for your buck.

Enjoy

Eric

Just picked up mine.

I am 6'2 (186cm), with short legs and a long torso. I got the XXL based on feedback that they fit small, and it is a bit short for me in the torso.

Great jacket otherwise, and I am looking forward to trying it at my next game.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback in this post, I had been looking for a fair priced, quality jacket like this!

For all you short people out there, I just received my jacket in size small. I'm 5'4" (162.5 cm), wear a small/short BDU top and 36/short flight suit, and the jacket fits me well.

On a side note, I don't know if it's already been mentioned but I got mine in foliage green and my jacket looks a little bit darker than the pictures of the FG jackets on Airsoft GI and the Condor Outdoor website. I still like the color though, it's just not what I expected.

I've had mine for a year now, 2X in OD and I still love this soft shell. I gave one to my brother as a gift and he wears it most every day in the colder months, his is OD as well in XL. Colors is still good and everything still works good as new. The bottom of the zipper on mine likes to creep open ever so slightly, but all in all not a big deal.

GIJoeme-1-1.jpg