G&P sentry (vltor)

im a bit bored so i thought i would add a little review of the G&P sentry.

where to buy and how much?

well i was browsing through the net to find a great uk airsoft retailer ive heard great comments about them. i brought it from landwarriorairsoft.co.uk i had it delivred for saturday. it arrived around 8.30 with no problems atall everything i ordred was in the package waiting to be caressed :D .

on to the price.. which is most probably the best price ive ever seen for such a high spec weapon. costing me £269.99. a fantastic price for a great weapon. I had purchased the sand colour one which is great!!

i also brought 2 1500mah crane batterys and a G&P red dot sight.

what you get in the box

as you know G&P dont go to any extent of trying to have a well presented scheme when you open the box you just get the weapon wrapped in bubble wrap quite extensively to protect from any scratches etc.

x1 G&P sentry

x1 mid cap magazne

owners manual, has no reference or pictures of the vltor. just standard ar15 manual.

x1 QD shorty front grip

weapon spec: copied from landwarrior

Included:

- Sentry Front Set

- Vltor Type Metal Body (MUR) (Sand) (GP880S)

- M16 Magazine (130rds) (GP094)

- Type II Flashider (Vltor Style) (GP874C)

- Vltor Type Front Sight

- Troy Style Rear Sight (Sand)

- M4 Trigger Guard (GP836)

- Stubby Raider Foregrip (Sand) (GP887S)

- TD M16 Grip with Heat Sink End Set (Sand) (GP711S)

- Extended Stock Dual Sling Mount (GP878)

- AEG Mod Buttstock (Sand) (GP915S)

- RAS Slim Rail Cover (Sand) (GP415)

- Manual

the spec of the rifle is amazing for how much you pay.

G&P Limited Edition Sentry 10.5" Shorty M4 Airsoft AEG (Sand)

Magazine Capacity: 130

Length: 690mm / 770mm

Weight: 2960g

Built Material: Metal & PA

Inner Barrel Length: 10.5"

Muzzle Velocity: 360fps

Gearbox: 8mm Bearing Gearbox

Motor: G&P M120 Hi-Speed

Battery: Advise using 8.4v Battery

first hand performance

on having quite a few shots of the weapon its not any different to any other G&P ar15's using the same version 2 gearbox with polycarb piston and the re inforced metal air nozzle. with an 8.4 firing around 1000 rpm is fantastic and the sound is spot on compared to many other AR15's that my opinion. i will be skirmishing tomorrow and will update.

should you buy?

ofcorse if you are looking for a vltor style weapon and you have a tight budget this is for you. comparing to the king arms vltor (vis) i think this has the upper hand on performance and seeing them both next to each other there is not alot of difference except the ris unit which has no effect on me atall and the the G&P is alot more sturdy no

rattles attall. the rifles stock is gorgous 5 position stock tube with markings numbered 1-5 there is no movement or rattling atall just enough to slide up and down. unlike the king arms vltor you get a rubber but pad which adds extra comfortableness.

the only thing that lets the stck down is that it says victor where it says vltor but it is a great stock fitting 1500mah crane stck batterys in. this can be quite sh** to change batterys though. but when the batterys are in the stock goes all the way down to the first position unlike the king arms.

overall

the weapon is a fantastic buy i dont regret one bit! the trademarks are perfect the feel of the vltor is awsome. if i was to choose between the king arms and the G&P it would have to be the G&P. although the king arms (vis) is great if you have the funds to condem to wolf armouries which i dont advise! but there you go. dont get me wrong the two vltors are equaly matched with looks and performance.

on to the pictures....

DSC01110.jpg

DSC01109.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

DSC01101.jpg

as you can see you get the vltor flash hider which you dont on the king arms!

DSC01112.jpg

DSC01096.jpg

SO OVERALL A GREAT AIRSOFT BUY! LET ME KNOW ON YOUR THOUGHTS AND IF I OFFENDED ANY KING ARMS VLTOR OWNERS DONT TAKE TO HEART.. JUST MERELY TELLING THE TRUTH!!

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice review. The gun looks lovely...i may consider a black one at some point for a cqb weapon!

Out of interest is the cylinder in your gearbox black in colour? I have a new marine m4a1 from land warrior and it has a fancy looking black coating!

Edited by hugh_b

QUOTE (hugh_b @ Dec 5 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice review. The gun looks lovely...i may consider a black one at some point for a cqb weapon!

Out of interest is the cylinder in your gearbox black in colour? I have a new marine m4a1 from land warrior and it has a fancy looking black coating!

thanks hugh yes the cylinder is black, its a polycarb piston i think all of the new G&Ps have it!

AHHHH!! SKIRMISHED TODAY WAS BLOODY AMAZING AT ACE COMBAT, I DO HAVE TO SAY OUT OF BOX PERFORMANCE IS 10/10. ROF IS SPOT ON.

CHRONOING AT:

I HAD A GREAT DAY USING IT THE MOBILITY OF THE RIFLE IS GREAT! THE RANGE WAS GORGEOUS MATCHING MY FRIENDS ARES M16!!!

THE HOP UNIT DIDN'T NEED TO BE RESET ONCE IM VERY PLEASED WITH THIS.

I WILL GIVE A WORD OF ADVICE THOUGH. IF YOU BUY ONE DO NOT PUT IN A TM BARREL BECAUSE MY FRIEND PUT ONE IN HIS WHICH IS THE SAME AS MINE BUT BLACK AND CHRONO'D IN AT 400 FPS! SO THATS A NO NO

yeah i had the same problem mine was 360 on the dot every shot, i changed it to a 6.04 and it shot up to 380fps

on my 11.1 lipo its 25 rounds a second

This gun has the best internals i have ever seen on a stock gun ile post up mine in a bit !

Honestly fantastic value at £280 !

If you guys wait i am uploading a video to youtube showing how to open up a gearbox i was using this as a dummy

ACOG- yes a normal stick battery or lipo stick can work it just fits down the buffer tube

It does not take crane style batteries due to the fake mod stock size (its not vltor), its only around 2 cm wide so normal batterys dont fit

Edited by Crimson

ACOG - You've already seen the battery, it's the one i pointed out to you in the thread you made. That exact one. I know this, because i ordered the gun being reviewed and the batteries with it.

*edit* Crimson - It does take Crane-stock batteries, of the 8.4 15-1600MaH size, the Modstock has removable tubes for the battery... Anyway, battery is the one at the top of the page here: http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog..._Batteries.html

*and another edit* Jack - It's not that much better than the VIS - the stock and RoF on yours is better, other than that the performance is essentially exactly the same. I just paid too much money for it. You big queefing gungemo :P

Edited by hwagan

hwagen u queefmo ive booked airsoft for the 20th had to pay gay deposit for the both of us.

yes i can see what you are saying... but it was my opinion many people have other opinions and i respect what other people have to say. i personally think they are both great guns but i cant understand why the 'vis' is so expensive. its my first review so wont be the greatest u have seen u clunge mouth lol...

looks like im getting my G&P masada on the 19th but ill let you review it shall i? lol

Edited by kingdong

its all good though like you said there equally matched and i dont doubt it one bit mate.

if you got the money why not your vis unit looks alot kooler than mine i must say.

well i sure cant wait untill i get my masada. if i have enough ill buy ures to and you can give me the money when you get payed because i have to buy presents lol