• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Sentry>Masada

I a Sentry in black and its one of my fav rifles i own.

I have mine with a G&P 416 fixed stock, Stubby Killer Suppressor, and a Aimpoint T-1 Micro for an optic.

I just got it recently so i havent done many internal upgrades besides a TBB, bucking, and piston.

But its an amazing rifle and id recommend it to anyone!!

yes sir i agree with you its one of my favorite rifles too. i dont realy see the need for an internal upgrade to be honest. my freind put a tight bore barrel in and it was throwing out 400fps! which i think is amazing considering mine is bog standard internally.

i hope to purchase a VFC peq 15 and a noveske flash hider. maybe a magpuls CTR stock to as they look the nuts on the sentry.

• 4 weeks later...
if you have any magpul flat dark earth stuff, could you let me know how they compare in color? I am looking into a sentry in sand color, and from your pics it looks a lot like the color of magpul fde.

the two colours are pretty much the same with the sentry and magpul FDE, i will try and get a picture soon

• 2 weeks later...

Standard crane stock batteries go in it dude - Up to a 9.6 1500 fits. Bit of a PITA to get it in and out though, a Lipo in the tube is definitely easier, but a NimH crane type will fit. They're fitted with small tamiya's in the UK though, not sure if that's the same for the US.

(answering on behalf of Jack, i've seen said gun many a time)

Be warned it's hella fiddly - There's 4 nuts and bolts that go through the bottom of the battery tubes on the stock. You have to remove these, get one side of the battery in place, feed the other half through, connect the wires up, put the 2nd cover on, screw it all together, and hope and pray the wiring doesn't get trapped while adjusting the length of the stock. I have to say, i only had that problem with my KA VLTOR VIS, the G&P is actually quite good for not trapping wires - But be careful when adjusting the length to be on the safe side.

Just got the magpul version and its the first G&P i have ever owned, i can honestly the extrnal quality blows VFC Scar out the water.

Only thing is its chronoing at 380fps stock!!!

LW have advised me to leave the spring compressed and it should settle down to 350ish with use.

Does anyone have one and can confirm this, and if so how do i bed it in if i cannot skirimish it?

Tony, the other chap who got one at the same time as Jack, had the same problem - Put a few mags through it on fully auto, and should that not settle it down a little, leave the spring compressed for a few hours.

Note though, that's entirely at your own risk - It worked for Tony (started out around 375 and dropped to about 355 after 4 hours of the spring compressed), but the safest way to do it would be get a new spring.

Cheers mate was thinking that but did not want to send it back to Land Warrior to do it due to increased cost etc.

Plus if i do it myself i lose the warrenty, if i had known i would have paid for them to do it before posting :(

I prefer mine running at 328fps, then i am safe at all sites i goto in the UK, any ideas which spring should do this as this is my first G&P (god knows why i have waited this long its awesome).

Edited by blazed99

Problem is, manufacturers vary massively - Some M100 springs will give you 330, some 350. It's a bit hit or miss. Best bet is to pick up one or 2 different springs of similar rating and see which one works best.

Saying that, LWA are awesome for customer service, and pretty damn cheap on shipping. A downgrade shoudln't cost you much more than £30-40, and that way you keep the warranty and don't risk buggering the mechbox... I opened a gearbox once, that was a very, very bad idea.

Oh, and if you think the sentry is awesome, wait until you see the LMT MRP ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I am very interested in getting the following from a well know Scottish airsoft supplier

G&P M4 SENTRY (SAND MAGPUL TYPE) GP901MS

Now this version seems to sport a darker 'sand' colour than the

G&P M4 SENTRY (SAND) GP901S

The Magul type, from the photos, seems to have a dark earth colour similar to a WAS tan chest rig. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

Also, as an owner of 2 other G&P's (QRF and Special Forces), can anyone confirm if there is any play between the receivers, as i've had this know issues with my older models.

Cheers

J.

Edited by Jamanyar

Colour wise, any difference will be in the photos - The colour G&P use, their 'sand' colour, as they call it - is a touch lighter than the standard FDE. The magpul and the VLTOR types will both be the same colour though, having seen both the sentry in the review, and a G&P Magpul M4 with a sand receiver.

As for body movement, it's probably the ONLY thing i can fault G&P on, although personally i've only ever had one gun suffer from this problem, and even then it was very minor and a very easy fix. Out of 4 G&P AR's i currently own, only one had a slight bit of play - I solved that by putting a rubber O-ring on the front upper receiver lug - The bit that the front body pin goes through on the upper receiver. Put an O-ring around the top of that, and it should stop most of the movement - A little bit more difficult to re-assemble the body, but once the pin is through it should be rock solid.

Hey,

Thanks hwagan for the fast response. I think I'll give our Scottish buddies a call and see if they think there is a colour difference. I was hoping the Magpul was a darker shade as it will blend a beautifully with my 'Tan' WAS rig and quartermaster Multicam outfit.

As for the play in the receivers i'll give you method a go. Both my G&P suffer from this, nothing major but just nigglingly annoying!

Cheers

J.

@ J - I'm guessing you mean good ol' LWA? The original reviewer is a friend of mine, i'll ask him to take some comparison shots of the magpul and VLTOR bodies side by side.. I'm fairly sure the colour is the same, but pics should confirm it.

@ Abelius - Can't take credit for it man, i discovered the method from another thread on the forum somewhere... Still, i'm not getting any better offers at the moment ;)

The sentry looks very nice!

I'm considering picking up a G&P Sentry as well... and if you guys don't mind, I have a few quesions.

Do the G&P's have a functional bolt catch like the King Arms does?

Does the Sentry Front End breakdown easily? Special Tools? I want to convert it to a M4 length barrel.

Thanks in advance.

Hiya fella,

G&P rifles don't have the bolt catch feature - The older models just had a flip down cover, however the newer models (sentry included) have a permanently open dust cover with a nice looking fake bolt. Saying that, i always find the bolt catch causes problems - If you ever even slightly mis-shape the dust cover during disassembly, it'll never sit right again and tends to catch on the mechbox. On top of that, it makes the lamest sound in the world.

As for the front end, it's pretty standard stuff - Removing the rail system requires removing 6 hex bolts, and then the barrel nut can be removed using a standard AR armourers tool.