G&P sentry (vltor)

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mixing G&P parts is one of the most satisfying things i've ever done - I can swap any part of any of my 3 AR's without any issues whatsoever, hence why i stick to exclusively using G&P AR's and parts these days.

You'll have absolutely no trouble at all =]

Thanks for the heads up! I'll post an update about how it goes :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's not properly a G&P Sentry anymore since I mixed it up right away with my G&P Enforcer as soon as I received it. Basically moved the RIS from the Enforcer to the Sentry, and already upgraded a few things on the later.

But still, since it was asked, here are a couple of pics of the two new/old guns!

Enforcer with Sentry RIS.

DSC_0029.jpg

Sentry with Enforcer RIS, Magpul MIAD, Element VLTOR stock, KA silencer, Hurricane 553, FAB Defense magwell, and Systema hopup upgrade.

DSC_0053.jpg

Cheers!

Adds to the effect! I know what you mean though, even in the UK there's a little surface rust on some of the parts... Doesn't bother me, but i guess it's a fair bit worse in the humid climate of HK. What's the aperture like on the KAC sight? I had a G&P version, and it was pretty much too small to use!

The VFC sight is leagues above the G&P version. The VFC KAC sight has a close combat aperture. It snaps into place with a click and then stays 100% put, no movement whatsoever until you flip is down.

The G&P Troy sight on the other hand has a tiny amount of play when flipped up. Also, there is a problem on mine where the close combat aperture is misaligned with the distance shooting aperture. Adjusting for windege is very difficult with the G&P sight. On the VFC, the adjustment is smooth with positive clicks.

9.6 Nicad will NOT fit in any AR stock tube.

But if you get a crane type 9.6, it should fit in the crane stock that the gun comes with.

only a slim stick style 7.4 or 11.1 lipo will fit in the stock tube itself.

As for black or tan... Well that's a personal decision. Tan version looks a little icky to me since the paint on the receiver is PAINTED on, not anodized to a smooth finish.

The paint on the sand version isn't the nicest colour either... It's a little too pale for my liking. Buy a black one, then get some tan furniture to go on it :)

Battery wise, you're really better off using a 7.4 800 or 1200 lipo stick - Changing the crane stock battery takes a solid 5 minutes of fiddling, and is a big nuisance.

Fair enough. Just ordered the black version and maywell put the magpul battery stock on. Im just worried about the lipos because there is no Low Voltage cutoff programmed into the gun. Is the rof still strong an a 7.4v lipo? Regarding the crane stock from what i have seen it does seem to be a normal crane stock which accepts crane stock batteries in that the two tubes either side are inaccessible. Is this true or am i talking nonse. If i go lipo il also need to get a tamiya adaptor for my charger which might be a pain to source or does the gun come with deans connectors?

Well to be honest, here in Hong Kong at least, the real hardcore mofos all have 30+ rps guns.

I used to scoff at high rps setups thinking "learn to aim". But at the end of the day, AEGs have no blowback, high RoF is better than low RoF regardless of the user.

But then again this is HK, where airsoft is serious business. People here don't *rickroll* around and they all have high performance, high practicality setups. Short barrel M4s with 30+ rps, and 420+ fps. Only occasionally do you see someone showing up with their fun gun GBBR, making an goof of himself (lately this seems to be the case, a year ago GBBRs were still accepted since they still had the new factor going for them).

Most Sentries I see (and there are MANY) are running 11.1V. But I imagine they are also running an M120 with a full metal teeth piston.

Its a lot more than respectable! Thats a crazy rof on that voltage!

From what little i know about batteries, it's more about the 'C' than the voltage... I.E, a small 8.4 is about 15C discharge, whereas a 7.4 800 is 20C... No idea how or why or what any of that means, but a 7.4 lipo gives you more welly than a similar 8.4 NiMh... i think. Either way, my MRP (same gearbox) is about 23RPS out the box at 340fps on a 7.4 800.