G&P sentry (vltor)

Hey, so before i go out and buy the gun and everything, could you guys please confirm that the following setup will be fine / wont have any flaws?

RoF upgrades:

MOSFET

Prometheus hard piston

The MOSFET shouldn't be a problem. Can't tell about the piston.

Accuracy upgrades:

Prometheus TBB (either 363 or 285mm)

New H-nub (Madbull or Element?)

Guarder clear bucking

The TBB will rise your FPS, other than that they are harmless (except if you are in front of the gun :P )

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The MOSFET shouldn't be a problem. Can't tell about the piston.

The TBB will rise your FPS, other than that they are harmless (except if you are in front of the gun :P )

ok thanks. earlier in the thread people were saying that the stock piston gets shredded in under 10,000 rounds using a 11.1v so i figured it would have to be replaced, and prometheus is generally pretty good

ok thanks. earlier in the thread people were saying that the stock piston gets shredded in under 10,000 rounds using a 11.1v so i figured it would have to be replaced, and prometheus is generally pretty good

The G&P polyacetal piston is also said to be good... In any case I'd wait until it breaks :) There's always time to get a new one.

Just skirmished the gun for the first time. I was noticing though that some bbs aren't traveling as far as they should. Some shoot with force and some do not, and I've been getting some jamming as well. Is this the motor hight problem? I'm using MAG magazines and the gun is unmodified. I thought maybe it was the hop up, or the mags, but perhaps the motor hight?

If it is the motor, how to I adjust the hight?

I'm a n00b so go easy on me.

Edited by SuX0rz

Check that your hop-up chamber has got the spring. Mine and some other units didn't have it and it helps keeping the chamber against the gearbox. That paired with the loose MAG magazines "can" lead to poor air sealing.

This is a chamber with the top spring installed

madbullhop_ass.gif

I'll take some pics of my MAGs later this week to show you what I added to them so they are flush with the front of the magwell.

Edited by Wingmann

Thanks for the help. The MAG mags are a little loose in the magwell, but the problem has happened with the G&P mag as well. I have been using TSD bbs from Airsoftgi. I'm going to look at the hop up today, I'll check for the spring. I thought about ordering some EMAGs to see if that would solve the problem.

Alright, I did some testing with my buddy's magazines and I now am convinced that it is my MAGs. I used his PMAG Ms and the stock mag that came with his SOCOM gear M4 and I had no problems at all. Every bbs flew as it should. I'm a bit bummed since I bought a box of the MAGs. I was thinking though about tapping the upper part of the MAGs to see if that helped with the feeding issues.

Edited by SuX0rz

I'm almost certain they can be modified to work - I believe Wingmann might have done so. Hopefully he'll get some pictures up to illustrate, but try a quick search on the forums as i'm sure there's been a guide on how to do so.. I just can't find it!

Undo the 4 screws and nuts on the modstock - You then need to poke one of the 2 battery sticks through the middle of the stock, slide both sticks into both tubes, re-attach the tubes, slide the stock onto the buffer tube, take off the rubber buttpad and then connect the batteries.

Or, buy some 7.4 lipo sticks ;)

yep, done that last night, now they're pretty solid, cheersbiggrin.gif

I'll have to try this. Took my Sentry out for the first time at the weekend and the only problem was that it didn't like the ACM hi-caps. But WOW! What a gun - compressed the spring for 48 hours and she chrono'd at 340-350fps and shot like a dream. Amazingly accurate, loooong range and what a ROF - I was only using 8.4v minis and this was roaring along.

I used a piece of electrical tape around the top of each of my MAG midcaps and it helped the feeding quite a bit. I still think I need to tweak it a little but thankfully they are worth keeping now. I also have some EMAGs coming. Heard that they work well with the Sentry.

You can also try to bend outwards a bit the catch window on the mag. I used a big flat screwdriver and just pulled them out a bit so the top sticks out over the plastic. It heps keeping the MAGs up in the well and provides a more solid graps for the catch.

Some macro goodness because a picture is worth a thousand words :D

magmod.jpg

And my main body of mags as of now

pmags.jpg

Edited by Wingmann