G&P sentry (vltor)

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

£624.99!!!!!

Is it just me or the only 'premium' thing about it that it has a m160 motor instead of a m120??

You can buy a M160 motor for £35 and a normal Sentry for around £220 plus shipping from Hong Kong.

Thats some mark up. :rolleyes:

Edit:

Just noticed some differences but could it really be worth that much more??

Edited by Herby

Unless someone's a complete idiot, they'll be growing dust on shelves for the rest of forever. Really don't know why Wolf bothered with these; Far as i'm aware it's just Steel outer barrel and a few other bits, chrome lined gearbox and the M160. Maybe, and even then it's a big maybe they'd be worth it if you were building a super high rof monster gun - But for the UK, there's simply no need for them. The G&P standard gearbox will do everything you need it to do really... I'd be shocked if anyone buys one at that price.

Unless someone's a complete idiot, they'll be growing dust on shelves for the rest of forever. Really don't know why Wolf bothered with these; Far as i'm aware it's just Steel outer barrel and a few other bits, chrome lined gearbox and the M160. Maybe, and even then it's a big maybe they'd be worth it if you were building a super high rof monster gun - But for the UK, there's simply no need for them. The G&P standard gearbox will do everything you need it to do really... I'd be shocked if anyone buys one at that price.

I think it's for collectors as the paint finish seems to have a bluesh tint to it.

Anyways, I'm selling my modified Magpul Sentry to fund a KAC build :P

• 2 weeks later...

i had the same problem, a few pages back i think hwagan posted the cure (and it 100% solved all wobble, it even removed the small gap i had between the receivers!).

Slip a rubber o-ring onto the upper receiver, where the front pin goes through it. It doesn't take a very big o-ring at all, i used one that was part of my element flashlight.

Sorry if im being a dumbass but could you explain this a little more please?

Do you mean put an o-ring around the front pin or inside the receiver??

Sorry if im being a dumbass but could you explain this a little more please?

Do you mean put an o-ring around the front pin or inside the receiver??

The front upper receiver lug - Basically, it's on the bottom of the upper receiver, between the hop unit and the delta ring. When you slide the upper receiver on, it's the metal lug that the front receiver pin goes through to hold the receiver together. Putting an o-ring around that will stop the receiver wobbling.

6 months on, about 5000 rounds or so, my Sentry is still performing excellently. The castle nut started to back out, but was an easy fix (and gave me a rare chance to use my AR wrench that I probably shouldn't have bought!). Accuracy seems to be diminishing a little, but this could just as easily be my mags as anything else – they've gotten pretty grimy.

My only complaints about the gun at all are the rust (which set in very quickly, even here in relatively dry California) and the terrible front sight that I've lately had to use.

The front upper receiver lug - Basically, it's on the bottom of the upper receiver, between the hop unit and the delta ring. When you slide the upper receiver on, it's the metal lug that the front receiver pin goes through to hold the receiver together. Putting an o-ring around that will stop the receiver wobbling.

Ahh right i get it.

Thanks m8

• 2 weeks later...

its 10.5" so you will need a 300mm tb

270-80mm or so is closer to the right length - 300mm is designed for an M733, which is an 11.5... If you go with a 300mm barrel, it'll need either a long flashhider (SCAR or something) to cover it or a bit of cutting down. It'll only protrude slightly into the flashhider and not past it, but just in case it bothers.

@Phil; Assuming the externals and internals are all G&P, it's likely to be a minor manufacturing tolerance thing - I had a similar problem with a PTS mag - You need to either wrap a strip of electrical tape or two to the top of the mag to keep it high in the magwell, or you need to glue a bit of hop rubber/foam on the back face of the inside of the magwell (nearest your trigger finger) to push the mag forward a tiny bit and keep it pressed up on the feed tube.

• 4 weeks later...