G&P sentry (vltor)

COULD SOME ONE PLZ TELL ME HOW TO GET A CRANE STOCK BATTREY IN THE STOCK LOL and also is there anyway to prefent the rust or can u get new body pins because thay ruust lodes

DURRRRRR A HAMMUR MAYBZ?

*edit* Proper spelling, no unnecessary use of caps lock, decent grammar and some semblance of stringing a sentance together in a way that doesn't offend the mind would get you more detailed and useful answers. Seriously, going on your typing style, i'm going to assume you're in some way challenged, and therefore likely to blast your own face off if i tell you how to fit the battery. I don't want that on my conscience.

Edited by hwagan
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still looks brand new!

The side panels and foregrip are new (from my G&G FS51), and that gives a shiny impression. That and that I broke my left humerus in July and that seriously handicapped me for airsoft ;)

It has seen quite a few skirmishes though and I tend to use it to break through bushes... That talks volumes about the quality of the painting :D

• 1 month later...

Pretty sure the Sentry is fused correctly out of the box to run 7.4v lipos.

I didn't modify/change the fuse on mine and it fed on 7.4v lipo's since day one and never missed a beat.

To this day, probably the best VFM AEG I have ever owned. :wub:

Mine doesnt have a fuse....

Looks nice dude - Out of curiosity, how have you kept the VLTOR flashhider from rusting? I'm not too bothered by it, it's just a minor annoyance. Using Lipo's or NimH's? (On the subject of which, just to echo what's been said, these things are designed primarily for 7.4 lipo's).

Yep! Can't count the number of times I've raised the rifle, trying to sight up, and then finding that they're folded down. If this was Real Life that *suitcase* would have been out the door on day one.

Sadly, the VFC SR15 I just picked up has the exact same feature. I guess I should blame KAC – why would you design a sight without a positive locking mechanism??

Looks nice dude - Out of curiosity, how have you kept the VLTOR flashhider from rusting? I'm not too bothered by it, it's just a minor annoyance. Using Lipo's or NimH's? (On the subject of which, just to echo what's been said, these things are designed primarily for 7.4 lipo's).

To be honest i just wipe the thing down every time i get home from a game and that has kept the rust at bay (must be lucky lol) As for batt's i use HimH's more specifically these bad boys

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/gandp-9-6v-1600mah-ni-mh-battery-twin-t-shape.html

The only thing that annoys me about the sentry (and this is more my fault in the fact that i still haven't started using lipo's) is the battery change's, bit of a pain tbh.

Cheers

To be honest i just wipe the thing down every time i get home from a game and that has kept the rust at bay (must be lucky lol) As for batt's i use HimH's more specifically these bad boys

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/gandp-9-6v-1600mah-ni-mh-battery-twin-t-shape.html

The only thing that annoys me about the sentry (and this is more my fault in the fact that i still haven't started using lipo's) is the battery change's, bit of a pain tbh.

Cheers

www.component-shop.co.uk - Stock up on 7.4 volt either 8, 11, or 1200 MaH stock tube sticks - It's so much easier, and gives you the choice of any stock you like. They won't explode/melt your house, and they're less maintenance than NimH's. I've run all of mine on these batteries for as long as i can remember and haven't once had a problem, and i'm the laziest person ever when it comes to batteries.

I love mine - deffo my best modern AEG but... how do you get the darn flash hider off? I've got a funky little silencer I want to fit :unsure:

G&P threadlock them on, so it might take some bashing and swearing. Best way is to borrow an AR-15 wrench if you don't have one.

I used one of these last weekend and it really did put a smile on my face :)

Have been searching around for a UK retailer with one in stock with no joys as of yet. There a G&P Sentry UK shortage atm...??

Will also add that my friend had one hell of a time getting his flash hider off also! Took both of us + some insulating take and some giant grips to get it loose.

Edited by Taragon

I used one of these last weekend and it really did put a smile on my face :)

Have been searching around for a UK retailer with one in stock with no joys as of yet. There a G&P Sentry UK shortage atm...??

They always do, hence why they're so often out of stock! :P

Still, on the bright side; http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2elandwarriorairsoft%2ecom%2f&WD=sentry&PN=M4_and_Long_Rifles%2ehtml%23aGP901#aGP901

LandWarrior have got them all in except for the one with the Magpul lower receiver, and they're probably going to be the cheapest in the UK.