G&P sentry (vltor)

Despite yesterday being the perfect weatehr for it i didn't get to test my Sentry as much as I wanted. Damn Zeroone bb's not feeding correctly, not only in the sentry but also in my ACR. As a result i ended up using my pistol for most of the day. When i did the get the chance to borrow some mags it fired beautifully so for the next game i'll have a different brand of bb's and i should be sorted.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Despite yesterday being the perfect weatehr for it i didn't get to test my Sentry as much as I wanted. Damn Zeroone bb's not feeding correctly, not only in the sentry but also in my ACR. As a result i ended up using my pistol for most of the day. When i did the get the chance to borrow some mags it fired beautifully so for the next game i'll have a different brand of bb's and i should be sorted.

Bin the ZeroOne advert, kate moss's breasts are more rounded :P

Get some Blaster 0.25's in there and you'll be spitting lasers :)

Aye, the site only sold Z1 bb's, so was kind of stuck with them. Are the Blaster Devils any improvement over the standard Blasters, or are they mainly designed for the more accurate DMR/Sniper market? Next time i'll be fielding this beauty will be the Stirling Airsoft Op: Storm King so don't want any problems coming up then.

Also, is anyone elses charging handle/faux bolt plate stiff to pull back and unable to return of its own accord?

The Blaster devils are really aimed at the sniping/DMR market, but to be honest having used both in the .25 flavour, i couldn't find any noticeable difference. Both feed flawlessly, no jams, consistent shots... Seeing as the standard Blaster .25's work fine, i wouldn't bother paying out the extra.

As for the charging handle, a little bit of silicone oil on the back of it may help - They take a little wearing in as there's not a lot of room for them to move against the gearbox!

• 3 weeks later...

I had my first real "issue" with my Sentry this past weekend. I put it in quotes because it's a pretty laughable problem, although still annoying.

I ran into contact, turned to fire, got off like two shots in a burst, and then heard that horrible shrieking sound you get when your motor has disengaged. Discovered that my motor had dropped off. The cause was the two hex screws in the bottom of the grip, both of which had become loose and backed out. After the game, found a hex wrench set and tightened them back up, and it's good as new – but just something to maybe look out for, guys!

• 1 month later...

My G&P MRP wasn't feeding properly out the box (jamming on every time)

Hop rubber hadn't been installed properly.

sometimes quality control slips a little.

But as Bladerunner said first thing to check it the hop unit and make sure everything is as it should be.

J.

Got an new sentry and it is firing at 233fps out of the box

Send it back to the retailer under warranty would be the sensible thing to do - Still, it's probably a simple issue; I assume that's 233FPS with a 0.2 BB? Check the hop etc, and particularly make sure there's a spring either around the inner barrel in front of the hop unit or sticking out on top of it - If that spring is missing it can cause an airleak.

I had my first real "issue" with my Sentry this past weekend. I put it in quotes because it's a pretty laughable problem, although still annoying.

I ran into contact, turned to fire, got off like two shots in a burst, and then heard that horrible shrieking sound you get when your motor has disengaged. Discovered that my motor had dropped off. The cause was the two hex screws in the bottom of the grip, both of which had become loose and backed out. After the game, found a hex wrench set and tightened them back up, and it's good as new – but just something to maybe look out for, guys!

I've got motor issues since switching to Lipo's - any prologed FA fire and the motor alignment shifts and she jams up. Got the adjuster plate all the way in so am going to try a new grip (think it may be the base plate screw shifting) and possibly a FET.

I've got motor issues since switching to Lipo's - any prologed FA fire and the motor alignment shifts and she jams up. Got the adjuster plate all the way in so am going to try a new grip (think it may be the base plate screw shifting) and possibly a FET.

Tango down grip. G&P's version if it just seems odd when it comes to wiring within the grip and room for the motor to move. I've seen a couple of sentries with electrical issues that have disappeared once the grip has been changed; There's not really enough room for the wiring and motor to move freely as they should in the grip - Have a look at the brass thread inserts as well, if one of those is loose you should be able to sort it with a bit of loctite.

Actually, it's perfectly possible to align and set the motor in the original grip. It's just a little tricky. For starters, both cables have to be routed by the back side of the grip. If any of them goes through the front the motor won't fit correctly and the screw won't do anything.

Also, the extra portions of cable that you might have have to be tucked away in a manner that they don't A.- block the upside-down movement range of the motor and B.- don't push the motor when the base plate is on, therefore making the screw useless.

When you are able to screw the base plate on easily you most likely have it right. Any trouble aligning the screws probably indicates a bad setup.

Edited by Wingmann

I've got one of the Sentrys, great gun but for some reason it doesn't like feeding BBs on semi auto, works every time on full auto though, weird!

Probably a simple fix; What's the hop performance like? What battery are you using? What brand of magazines?

I'm not sure how to check the hop performance, I'm using a normal battery not a lipo, I think it's an 8.6 and the main mags I use are Ares ones as no-where had any G and P ones!

Basically just whether the BB's fly straight to a decent distance with reasonable accuracy.

Battery *could* be causing the issue, but it's unlikely if it's a decent MaH 8.4

My best guess is the ARES mags, i've had problems with them in several G&P's. Are they loose in the magwell? Plastic or metal? And for the future, www.landwarriorairsoft.com have the G&P mags for £12 a pop.

Thanks Hwagen, I'll check the hop out, the mags do sit a bit lose to be fair

I was actually going to get them from land warrior but they were out of stock, everywhere seemed to have Hi caps only at the time so I went for the used ares ones, at least they were cheap :-)

Just bought a used G&P Sentry (Black) Magpul Lower... so excited!! It arrived in excellent external condition and came with the following mods:

• SHS 7 metal tooth piston short-stroked by 2 teeth,
  • an XYT bevel gear (the G&P one only had 2 ARL notches which was annoying, so I replaced it)
  • a 3034 Mosfet with 25a HunterSeeker Armories Polyfuse.
  • Systema bucking and element H-Nub installed

Haven't bought the battery yet, but I figure I will run a 7.4 rather than an 11.1 in order to maintain some durability. Very excited to compare this gun to my KWA SR-10, Marui CQB-R (which has the best range of any stock gun I have used), and Magpul PTS Masada. Will let you guys know the results.

In the meantime... any battery suggestions/links to US sites with these batteries?

• 2 weeks later...

Hope I can get some help here -

I'm currently attempting to swap out the short barrel of my G&P Sentry to that of a standard m4 length. Ive got the fake gas tube and sight off no problem, but now I'm stuck

I have the laylax armorer's wrench and I cannot get the barrel nut off... does it come off by twisting counter-clockwise or clockwise? Are there any little tricks like heating it up with a hairdryer?

I bought the longer barrel thinking this would be an easy swap, but no such luck :(

I bought a Madbull 14.5 Noveske outer - I hope this is going to work!

Any help is greatly appreciated...