G&P sentry (vltor)

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Btw, my G&P has a very strong whine going on at every shot. It's not my first G&P so I know they're far from being the quietest, but still, this is pretty loud.

I opened the gearbox and tried reshimming it, but it's still pretty loud and distinct. Anyone with the same issue?

I've always found G&P's to be fairly loud; The M120 makes a hell of a noise. I'm guessing you've adjusted motor height? As long as the gun is cycling normally and everything is lubed and shimmed properly, it's more likely to be the shape of the MUR upper exagerrating the noise a little; I had the same thing with my M7A1 a while ago.

As long as the motor is adjusted correctly, and the gearbox is all shimmed and lubed, you'll be fine - Unless the noise is really abnormal (scratching, grinding etc) then it's not likely to be a fault, just the fact G&P's can be quite loud.

I named the cables because in my particular case the positive one is too long, so there's about 1cm of cable slack that ends up near the motor contacts. Even when I thought I had curved so it didn't interefere with the ventilated cap, it in fact did, pressing the motor beyond what the adjustment screw was.

Start undoing from max one quarter turn at a time and you'll easily notice the moment it makes the gear turn freely. At that moment there will be only motor noise (which is high, I agree) and you can discard gear noise.

I just took my sentry to its first outdoors game as it is finally getting cooler over here, and after installing a TBB, guarder clear bucking and white h-nub, I am in LOVE with this gun. With jawdropping range and accuracy even though it's short barreled, a pretty good RoF, and around 440 fps (this is HK remember), it's the most versatile gun I've ever seen, I felt bad for the others as I was hitting them all the way across the map with ease. I almost feel like I was cheating. lol I even cracked my friend's ESS turbofans...

So my message to anyone still deciding whether or not to buy this beautiful, fantastically priced gun; BUY ONE!

Loveley weapon, reccomended to everyone. Just change it to a TM Hop up!

No, don't, ever.

Firstly - A TM Hop unit won't fit, because it's a 2 piece design, entirely plastic, and not very good.

Secondly - The G&P Hop unit is fine. Anyone telling you different can't be bothered to tighten the screw and fiddle with the rubbers.

Thirdly - Well, there is no thirdly. Just don't.

You're recommending this gun to everyone with an incompatible hop unit change, and you don't know where the only screw in the hop unit is? huh.gif

No offense, but i'm going to shoot a guess you're aiming for a 100 post count for the sales forum, which is fair enough. Everyone does it, but just don't do it by posting information that's flat out wrong - Tell people their guns look nice, ask about people's stuff, etc. People read this place for info, and if somebody goes and buys one of these and tries to put a TM hop unit in it, they're going to be both baffled, upset, and slightly lighter in the wallet area wink.gif

Still, for future reference (a G&P M4 is always a good idea) - The screw holds the adjustment wheel onto the hop unit. If the screw is loose, the hop adjustment can slip during a game, causing annoyance and requiring re-setting, only to unwind itself again until you tighten the screw. You can see it in the middle of the hop adjustment wheel when you pull back the charging handle to adjust the hop unit under the fake bolt plate - No dissasembly required, just a small phillips screwdriver. Don't overtighten it, just enough that it won't move without a fair bit of pressure (basically so adjusting it hurts your finger trying to shift the wheel). That way, it won't budge, and you'll have a nice, accurate and consistent rifle.

Edited by hwagan

Why would i aim for a 100 post count? I am on the forum since the 25th of July, so something is wrong here, isnt it?

Well, to change the hop up, i read on a forum that lots of people stick a Tm hop up in their G&P rifles, so im wondering why it shouldnt work with the sentry.

I have a sentry, and i find the hop up poor and i love tm hop ups...

So, why shouldnt it fit?? Just because its 2 peice?

Edited by Phil_Ger

How do i tighten the screw then mate?

Which screw?

Do i have to take it apart?

You don't even know how to get to the hop unit, and you're claiming the stock hop unit is bad?

This is a TM Hop unit - Made in 2 pieces. Feed nozzle, and hop unit itself. It's notoriously pants. Note how the lower half attaches to a standard TM receiver with 2 screws? The G&P receiver doesn't have anywhere for those screws to go; It just plain won't work. It's also made of plastic.

MA-25S.jpg

This is a G&P Hop unit - One piece. Totally different design, made of metal and does the job perfectly.

Parts_GP_GP083_lg.jpg

If you're having hop problems, you need to try different sets of hop rubbers - An H shaped hop nub, or a new bucking/sleeve, as the rubbers could be damaged.