G&P sentry (vltor)

I did fit a Madbull M4 hopup to both of my G&P's. For some strange reason, they both had their FPS gimped by around 40-50.

Needless to say, I went back to the G&P original units, fitted the Guarder clear hop buckings and nibs to both rifles, still not 100% happy but I think that's to do with the Madbull 6.03 TBB's fitted. Will probably try Prommy ones soon as the one fitted to my new G&G MP5 is pure delight.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

quick detour: im having some rust issues with parts of my gun, such as the receiver pins, RIS pin-like things, and other trivial parts.... is there much i can do about it?

I have the same issue with mine - Castle nut, receiver pins, etc. Doesn't bother me, i quite like the 'worn' sort of look it gives - However, i'd guess your best bet is to give the gun a light coat of silicone oil before games, or paint those parts with a decent black paint. Or, failing that, as Phil suggested - Dry it religiously every time it gets a little damp.

Ok, I'm going to refloat this, just to take the #1 spot from the Masada crowd :P

I made a couple of videos of my Sentry lower without and with an AB-MOSFET installed. I hope it clearly shows the difference between both setups.

Specs:  G&P Sentry, 7.4v 1100mAh LiPo, Guarder SP90 spring, IA AB-MOSFET, Guarder silicon bucking, Element white "H" nub.

FPS: Rock steady at 288 (.20). Range and accuracy (on .25s): Awesome.

No MOSFET:

AB-MOSFET:

Shouldn't be - As long as you re-assemble everything correctly, you'll get a quicker RoF and a lower FPS reading. Mine tend to shoot between 340-380 out of the box, so i'd guess an M95 might be a better bet for CQB. I just clipped a coil off the stock springs on mine, and they're both between 320-330 now. Happily enough with no noticeable drop in range or accuracy :)

Ahhhh... 380 for CQB? That sounds painful :P Heh...

An M100 should do the trick - Possibly even a 110 then clip a coil or 2. Depends on the manufacturer of the spring more than anything, as they always tend to very. I'd get a 110 and a 100, see which does what and clip coils as necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

BTW I now some of you guys installed Madbull and Prometheus TBBs. K4rt used a 285mm, but wouldn't that be longer than the flashider?

I think default barrel is 257mm and there's about 1cm left to the birdcage, so let's say 270mm if I wanted to keep the barrel not visible. Is that correct?

BTW I now some of you guys installed Madbull and Prometheus TBBs. K4rt used a 285mm, but wouldn't that be longer than the flashider?

I think default barrel is 257mm and there's about 1cm left to the birdcage, so let's say 270mm if I wanted to keep the barrel not visible. Is that correct?

LOL i spent ages figuring out who "k4rt' was.... dry.gif

anyways i used a 285mm promy, and its not visible at all. i cant see it looking down the barrel (without a flashlight)