water jetpack

TeowneD

HAHA thats so obviously fake! The water "power" blasts all at once and yet he continues to accellerate after the water is gone!

Corse i saw the mythbusters episode yonks ago and they went through all the science(though it dosent show it all in the produced episode)

it does always take more force to get an object moving(accelerate),

id say its possible if the machine can pump enough water

scrapheap challenge at the weekend had a water jet powered rail car

1 ton water + whatever the engine, frame, pumps and transmission

shifted along the track powered only by th eflow ov water from the nozzles

at th eback.

the best cheap jetpack evar!

watched it a few times and it still makes me chukle.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6943201001782160188#

That's such a let down.

It would have been so much funnier, if it just went off, leaving him standing there, like it really would. All the tension & build up for nothing style.

Greg.

That's such a let down.

It would have been so much funnier, if it just went off, leaving him standing there, like it really would. All the tension & build up for nothing style.

Greg.

*cough* it did *cough*

Watch it again, the "jetpack" goes off and runs out and then after that the wire cuts in and lifts him up.

To be pedantic, this is nowt to do with water.

Water is useless as a storage medium for kinetic energy cos it barely compresses.

What they did there seems to be to put a small amount of water in each bottle and then pressurise the bottles with air.

I've looked at similar things before and they always seem to add a little water into the bottle before pumping it up with air.

The water probably helps to seal the bottles and to provide an extra bit of initial thrust as the air squirts it out.

FWIW, I've launched oil drums using compressed air at around 150psi so it is possible but it actually happens more like a cork coming out of a champagne bottle and would probably kill anybody daft enough to strap themselves to it.

*cough* it did *cough*

Watch it again, the "jetpack" goes off and runs out and then after that the wire cuts in and lifts him up.

Yeah, I'm aware of how the effect was produced, silly! :D

What I'm saying, is that for comedy value, it would have been better if they just left him standing there & didn't bother with the wire. :rolleyes:

Greg.

Archived