A dedicated WW2 gear section?

A dedicated WW2 section?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a seperate section on WW2 gear

• Yes
    • No
    • My dog has had a better idea... (please say what it is)

Given the popularity of this area and the rising number of kit available for the period, I was just wondering if people would like for a WW2 gear section to be created.

If I see sufficient interest (20 or more) I'll happily do this and ask for staff to help me in moving threads.

If people feel this is a section too far (pardon the pun), please vote against so that I know not to make this change.

Thanks. :)

I think it's a fair idea (even I've started building a WWII loadout for my M1A1). There's certainty a rise in WWII themed guns (new Sten and the PPSH-41 around the corner) and likewise we'll probably see a rise in WWII themed loadouts and games.

I'd go for it.

I have to say that i had been thinking along theese lines previously and FWIW came up with four sections.

Pre WW1 (muzzle loading guns, pirates, plus the yanks obbsessed with their civil war :P)

WW1 and 2 (lots of the same or similar equipment)

post 1940s (as per the "pre 1990" section that exists currently)

modern (as per currant existance)

Just an idea :), but yes a WW2 subforum will be a great resorce for people

Well it seems every few months another "clone" or rather clone system comes out for WWII guns, keeping the replica's cheap, and there's a few Ebay (ohhhhhhh ebay, I know scary) stores that are selling cheaper and cheaper replica gear. I saw a full American Infantry loadout (and I mean FULL) being sold for >$1000.00, which I remember seeing in the $1500.00 range a few years ago.

As another point in favor of dedicated sections, having them would clear two things up, 1) "Modern" threads would not be intermixed with WWII ones and 2) the reverse, which would allow both sections to more accessible and less likely to involve twenty threads about the same thing simply because the first 19 are on page 2....

...If I see sufficient interest (20 or more) ...

Sounds good. If people continue to post in the yes direction then I'll set it up (I'm sure Misfit will thank me for all the extra work involved moving threads... :D)

youhave more than 20 votes in favour now ;)

Archived