The British Army of the Cold War

Hello All.

I'd like to start a new thread - combining aspects from some earlier posts, but in a more focused area.

Also no-one likes a Chairborne Commando - so play nice, just because you've read something in an obscure memoir (or seen it on a doc on the history channel) it doesn't make you an expert so don't slag off other peoples efforts. Unless of course - you're brave enough to post your own pics. I've seen too many threads ruined by overweight, over-opinionated elitest gear queers thank you very much. :waggle:

I'd like to look at the above period only please - so no modern DPM/OSPREY/MOLLE. And if you're going to replicate an existing unit, please show some respect. Personally I'd never wear a cap badge/beret that I haven't earnt the right to wear (STAB or otherwise!!) What you do, however, is your choice.

Many thanks

Red

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not seen the soviet pics before - quite interesting. :)

Like the handlebar by the way - a lot of the British Nato guys at the first Red Mist OP weekend sported them.

There's bunches of photos from the gunman events floating around iirc - I'm afraid I didn't save many of the NATO side, so not much of a useful contribution here. :)

The wife HATES the tash - still it's fun to grow one every so often!

Other than what's been posted so far - have we got any standard infantry pics from the era - either softers or genuine pics?

BAOR/Falklands/Borneo/Malayia/salisbury plain - lets have a look ;)

i am here i am gunna post some pics of my truck up in this post and some more cold war pics all i am gunna say is watch this space :D

i am gunna get some pics of my kit up and i am soon getting another truck so all is awesome :D

0200715007600.jpg

312.jpg

202570376-L.jpg

cdo1ib0mm8.jpg

oh go on then here have some pics of my truck

ST2_5938.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

oldland.jpg

i will get some pics of my kit for the weekend i think

Lovely job Wyatt - wondered how long it would be until you turned up! Never get bored of looking at pics of your wagon!!

I'm toying with the idea of getting a shorty next year to restore with the old man as an ongoing project :)

well if you are looking at doing a S3 88" not many were used in the army your better off with a 109, as i say i am getting my hands on another truck shortly after i sell my old 1964 truck and the other one is going to be a battle field ambulance.

if you need a hand with anything if you get one give me a shout i can probably help you out plus i have a new project coming up soon lol

We know somebody who has a Series 2A which she's been planning to sell for the last 2 1/2 years...

But don't you need to learn how to drive first? :P

but the question is is she military?!? and learning to drive in these beasts is the best way

We know somebody who has a Series 2A which she's been planning to sell for the last 2 1/2 years...

But don't you need to learn how to drive first? :P

Ah excellent - our first pointless spaff - mere hours after the threads birth...Martin, I know for a fact that you're a Lt Col in the First Chairborne Librarian's Regiment. How about you contribute positively by scanning in some of the doubtless many reference pics you have instead???? ;)

Archived