MP5K alternative

wraithbrood

He mentions the P90 and then says he factored in things like chunkiness, ease of use and ergonomics!

:rofl:

Ohhh priceless!

The P90's value lies in its weight distribution, ability to outgun almost anything its length and short length.

Fangirls, why did I ever bother? hmm, maybe its fun eh?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes fangirl, yes , absolutely.

Nothing like a rabid follower of my threads, did i just step on your small 30 month harden by the SAF heart? oops? Sorry?

to TS, if your girlfrind has the build of the terminator, she'll love the G36C., because weight distribution and ergonomics wont be a problem.

German Troops have a build of an average of 6 feet 2 , go figure.

Aw is that all you can mention? My 30 months of service?

Lets face it. You're just stroking your own ego left right and center. So much so for "constructive comments appreciated". I tell people why SAF equipment is to be avoided due to actually having 1st hand experience and you use that as ammo for insults and throw in sexism in as well.

Come on, if you post a review expecting everyone to go "yes yes you're great" so your ego gets a little boost, it ain't gonna happen.

The P90's value lies in its weight distribution, ability to outgun almost anything its length and short length.

Fangirls, why did I ever bother? hmm, maybe its fun eh?

Cons:

Chunkiness:

It is even chunkier than the G36

Ease of use:

Mag changing is far more complicated than most other guns.

Ergonomics:

Mag pouches for P90 mags are hard to come-by and very bulky. It feels great to hold the gun itself, but as far as I am concerned, ergonomics isn't just about how it feels in the hand.

Others:

Known issues with hi-caps, low-caps are often felt to have too little rounds for a mag that big, mid-caps are very expensive and hard to come by.

There, I've been able to quantify what I say. How about you do that too instead of sidestepping it with insults and smokes and mirrors?

Yes fangirl, yes , absolutely.

Nothing like a rabid follower of my threads, did i just step on your small 30 month harden by the SAF heart? oops? Sorry?

to TS, if your girlfrind has the build of the terminator, she'll love the G36C., because weight distribution and ergonomics wont be a problem.

German Troops have a build of an average of 6 feet 2 , go figure.

Are you mad, trolling or just upset by Punky?

I ask because your opinion of the 36C just makes no sense.

I respect that we all have different point's of view but it really don't get much smaller than a 36c!

Yes there is the mp7 & other such tiny guns but a 36c is manageable by even the smallest folk.

From personal observation, I'd say the average height of a male, in the German forces is closer to 5' 10". Where on earth did you get 6'2" from?

Greg.

Would like to point out that with stock folded, the G36C and P90 are both 500mm

With that in mind, an OBJECTIVE comparision picture should adequately show which is the chunkier weapon:

14336_194337634566_503689566_2617411_3600851_n.jpg

Greg: I reckon that he was upset when I pointed out in his review thread that SAF equipment is *suitcase*. He probably was expecting to get "feel-good" comments like "wow nice". His subsequent posts in the thread just stank of someone who's trying to blow their own horn a bit.

Are you mad, trolling or just upset by Punky?

I ask because your opinion of the 36C just makes no sense.

I respect that we all have different point's of view but it really don't get much smaller than a 36c!

Yes there is the mp7 & other such tiny guns but a 36c is manageable by even the smallest folk.

& I believe the actual, average height of a male, in the German forces is 5' 10". Where on earth did you get 6'2" from?

Greg.

Oh ok, a proper request.

I say its huge because it looks misleadingly small.

The best way is to skirmish with one , my comments will make sense only if you do a hands on of the G36 C yourself.

Weight distro is very front heavy, the ergo on the pistol grip is very edgy if you have small hands and the cheek weld on the stock , it suits only people who are 180 and above.

Its very heavy for a CQB/PDW purposed weapon system too.

Armalites laugh at the G36C's weight (airsoft that is), more so if compared to the MP5K or P90.

Every gun has its pro's and cons, You'll have to balance them yourself and make an informed choice.

As for the German troop staitstics , it changes every year, maybe im outdated.

Would like to point out that with stock folded, the G36C and P90 are both 500mm

With that in mind, an OBJECTIVE comparision picture should adequately show which is the chunkier weapon:

14336_194337634566_503689566_2617411_3600851_n.jpg

Greg: I reckon that he was upset when I pointed out in his review thread that SAF equipment is *suitcase*. He probably was expecting to get "feel-good" comments like "wow nice". His subsequent posts in the thread just stank of someone who's trying to blow their own horn a bit.

Im guessing there is no such thing as a stock or useage/benefits of using one in your dictionary.

Length = chunky? Nice story ,sis.

and

nice photoshop. or MSpaint.

Oh ok, a proper request.

The best way is to skirmish with one , my comments will make sense only if you do a hands on of the G36 C yourself.

Weight distro is very front heavy, the ergo on the pistol grip is very edgy if you have small hands and the cheek weld on the stock , it suits only people who are 180 and above.

Every gun has its pro's and cons, You'll have to balance them yourself and make an informed choice.

I have skirmished with one. I'm not sure how you define "front heavy" but without the mag in, the balancing point where the gun doesn't only tip towards one direction is about 2/3 of the length of the of the magwell from the front. If anything, I'd consider that a rear heavy weapon.

I have tiny hands, I find ergo on the pistol grip fine. That is subjective of course.

If using with stock folded, as is the point in this thread for compact weapons, then um, the cheek weld is irrelavent? Besides, most G36s don't come with a cheek weld. my height is around 155cm and it suits me fine.

Im guessing there is no such thing as a stock or useage/benefits of using one in your dictionary.

Length = chunky? Nice story ,sis.

and

nice photoshop. or MSpaint.

This is airsoft. You don't need a stock for the purposes of controlling recoil. Most people who need a compact CQB weapon fold the stock up.

As for chunkiness, it's not just the length. its the overall VOLUME that the thing occupies. It's also the thickness, which the P90 is thicker than most weapons by a bit, because it needs to be wider than the 5.7mm x 28mm cartridges it uses.

Oh ok, a proper request.

Ok, well I can't argue with your own personal experiences with a 36c. If it is too big for you, it's too big for you. :D

I am 5'10, 165lbs, average build & have 3 CA G36c's which I have used over the last 6 or 7 years. (since the first came out).

I like them because they are relatively small & lightweight. I have only noticed a front heavy imbalance, if used in conjunction with a large type forgrip filled with a 'large' type 9.6v battery & maybe a big torch.

I also have 3 P90's which I like because they share similar 'compact' attributes.

They both have fors & againsts, which has been touched on in this thread.

Personally I like both, especially for cqb. I would not say, that either has an advantage when it comes to 'compactness'. They are similarly 'small'.

I totally agree with you, it's all down to personal preference, but the G36c is definitely not a 'huge beast of a gun'. Especially not compared to a P90. ;)

Greg.

I have skirmished with one. I'm not sure how you define "front heavy" but without the mag in, the balancing point where the gun doesn't only tip towards one direction is about 2/3 of the length of the of the magwell from the front. If anything, I'd consider that a rear heavy weapon.

I have tiny hands, I find ergo on the pistol grip fine. That is subjective of course.

If using with stock folded, as is the point in this thread for compact weapons, then um, the cheek weld is irrelavent? Besides, most G36s don't come with a cheek weld. my height is around 155cm and it suits me fine.

playing with a G36C with NO magazine and stock !? :huh::o

I have no idea that to qualify as a compact weapon , you have to have a folding stock...

guess the weapons with no/fixed or telescoping stocks can go die off then, haha...*sarcasm*

PS.

155CM G36C user , there IS a cheek weld at the very front of the stock, just that you cant ever weld it comfortably without a giraffes neck.

Im at the 170-180 range and i cant even get a comfortable weld without arching my neck forward in a very unnatural position.

Its perfectly fine if you use it as a spray and pray weapon , huge magazines at 470 rounds is a huge plus.

I love the Ghost ring sights of the G36C too.

Too bad Im too short for German's prefered infantry weapon of choice.

Ok, well I can't argue with your own personal experiences with a 36c. If it is too big for you, it's too big for you. :D

I am 5'10, 165lbs, average build & have 3 CA G36c's which I have used over the last 6 or 7 years. (since the first came out).

I like them because they are relatively small & lightweight. I have only noticed a front heavy imbalance, if used in conjunction with a large type forgrip filled with a 'large' type 9.6v battery & maybe a big torch.

I also have 3 P90's which I like because they share similar 'compact' attributes.

They both have fors & againsts, which has been touched on in this thread.

Personally I like both, especially for cqb. I would not say, that either has an advantage when it comes to 'compactness'. They are similarly 'small'.

I totally agree with you, it's all down to personal preference, but the G36c is definitely not a 'huge beast of a gun'. Especially not compared to a P90. ;)

Greg.

It'll be vastly different if you factor the stock in.

Try a few armalites and bullpups, you'll be surprised. ;)

Benchmark lightness with armalites.

benchmark cheek weld with the SEAL stock or a AUG.

Benchmark weight distribution with the P90.

Benchmark ergornomics with a PSG-1 grip .

playing with a G36C with NO magazine and stock !? :huh::o

I have no idea that to qualify as a compact weapon , you have to have a folding stock...

guess the weapons with no/fixed or telescoping stocks can go die off then, haha...*sarcasm*

PS.

155CM G36C user , there IS a cheek weld at the very front of the stock, just that you cant ever weld it comfortably without a giraffes neck.

Im at the 170-180 range and i cant even get a comfortable weld without arching my neck forward in a very unnatural position.

Its perfectly fine if you use it as a spray and pray weapon , huge magazines at 470 rounds is a huge plus.

I love the Ghost ring sights of the G36C too.

Too bad Im too short for German's prefered infantry weapon of choice.

You realise, that with a mag in, the balance of the weapon stays more or less the same right?

And I had no idea you cannot use a weapon in airsoft with the stock folded.

Meanwhile you realise that you don't have to rest your cheek on the cheek weld right? you can rest it anywhere on the stock. Then again I tried resting my cheek everywhere along the weapon, no issues with the sights. Maybe its a problem for TALL people. Or maybe your neck's just weirdly shaped.

Considering I use my G36 for CQB often, where we're often limited to semi-auto, shows its not just a spray and pray weapon, but one you can take accurated aimed shots with.

If sighting is that big a problem for you a cheap lil optic sight does wonders, afterall the P90 can't even be used effectively without an optic.

1, It'll be vastly different if you factor the stock in.

2, Try a few armalites and bullpups, you'll be surprised. ;)

1, If your definition of 'vast', is a few inches, then I'd agree.

2, I've been lucky enough to try most. I'm rarely surprised. Any you specifically recommend?

Greg.

It'll be vastly different if you factor the stock in.

Try a few armalites and bullpups, you'll be surprised. ;)

Benchmark lightness with armalites.

benchmark cheek weld with the SEAL stock or a AUG.

Benchmark weight distribution with the P90.

Benchmark ergornomics with a PSG-1 grip .

Lol..

Say, how about everyone who thinks you HAVE to use a gun with a folding stock with the stock extended, listen to him. Everyone else who actually has some common sense, take in the info that's been provided and make an informed decision.

Honestly when someone is talking about ergonomics on a G36 and compares it with a PSG-1 you suspect he's just a bit barmy... which might explain his weird insistance that the stock on any folding stock gun must be extended when taken into consideration for a compact weapon.

A tall person trying to insist that the G36's stock is no good for short people because HE can't get comfortable with it... well, judge for yourselves ladies and gents. Would you listen to that? Or would you feel that a 155cm tall girl's claim that the G36's stock is comfortable for short people is more believable?

The AK Spetz seemed to be popular with a number of female skirmishers along witha whole host of medium and large models (regular MP5, G36C/K, AK, M4 even)

To be honest if it were me I would push for a regular full sized AEG over an AEP...if she really liked the looks of the MP5K then go for it but try get her to look around theres many good ones, just dont go with the SA80 as a I was at an open day with some friends and we got to handle the real deal, one of the girls was about 5ft and couldnt shoulder it as her arms were too short.

You realise, that with a mag in, the balance of the weapon stays more or less the same right?

And I had no idea you cannot use a weapon in airsoft with the stock folded.

Meanwhile you realise that you don't have to rest your cheek on the cheek weld right? you can rest it anywhere on the stock. Then again I tried resting my cheek everywhere along the weapon, no issues with the sights. Maybe its a problem for TALL people. Or maybe your neck's just weirdly shaped.

Considering I use my G36 for CQB often, where we're often limited to semi-auto, shows its not just a spray and pray weapon, but one you can take accurated aimed shots with.

If sighting is that big a problem for you a cheap lil optic sight does wonders, afterall the P90 can't even be used effectively without an optic.

wow, You are saying:

magazines have no weight, esp with 470 Bb's inside?

you have to use a compact weapon with its stock folded?

You cant aim properly with a P90 with an integrated red dot/ pistol sights?

WOW, i need new glasses man, if i ever wear any. :D

1, If your definition of 'vast', is a few inches, then I'd agree.

2, I've been lucky enough to try most. I'm rarely surprised. Any you specifically recommend?

Greg.

Hmm...

surprises...

weight distro :

Try a G&G LR300 , the weight balance is quite good as of stock. adding funny stuff like PEQ and flashiders/ big optics easily upsets it.

A full length TM M16 VN with a big batt inside the fixed stock with 20 rounder mag is also nice.

For ergonomics

AUG foregrip + pistol grip + V shaped stock for cheek weld , the weight and weird layout is a turnoff for most people thou.

No point on the armalites, theres zillions of different configurations, most are custom jobs tuned to their users.

P99 pistol for its ergo grip, its reaally nice.

For lightness:

Glock 26 with metal frame .

TM MP5-PDW

TM COLT 733

Archived