The Real Steel Discussion Thread

elrey

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It lives!

So, to kick things off...

arfiles041.jpg

My upper is currently at LWRCi, so an older picture will just have to do.

Ordered some TangoDown SCAR rail covers for $12.00, and a Grippod for $35.00...gotta' love buying things second hand.

I'll post updated pictures once everything arrives.

-Vic

That's the ERGO (often mistaken as Magpul) pressure switch rail panel.

While it looks a bit awkward, I find it pretty convenient, as I use the Thumb Break Grip. Whenever I need to activate the TLR-1, I either move my thumb up over the top to activate the pressure switch, or, I move it slightly forward, and activate the switch on the rear of the TLR-1.

This also helps prevent accidental activation, as I have to actively shift my thumb in order to hit the switch. Even though I shift my thumb a bit, I find that I retain positive control of the weapon. It works for me. YMMV.

Once I upgrade to a Surefire Scout, I'll buy the pressure switch that has a built in lock-out. This will enable me to place the rail panel elsewhere without fear that I might accidentally activate the light. I'll probably keep it up top, though, as I'm really liking this setup.

-Vic

TLR-1.

Once I upgrade to a Surefire Scout,

-Vic

That's interesting. :huh:

I have a mate who is binning his SF scout, in favor of,,,,,,,,,,,,, yes, you guessed it, a TLR1 C4! :D

Should be interesting to see how ya get on with that one. Especially a you use the term 'UP-grade'. :o

Have you seen the two, side by side? ;)

Greg.

I haven't handled a Scout, no, but I've read quite a few reviews on them.

What, exactly, did he not like about the Scout?

And is he sure it is genuine?

-Vic

Yes, definitely genuine, over £400 from a recognized supplier.

Compared to the TLR1 C4 (note C4, not the original tlr1), even with the p61 lamp unit the Surefire is VERY dim & eats batteries.

Makes sure you actually see the two together before you purchase, unless you are happy, with, er, dim. ;)

He loves his SF but hates that lights a quarter the price give WAY more light.

He is looking into a replacement drop in lamp unit (thrunite p60 cree), to try & solve this, but if it don't, he's putting it up for sale & getting the streamlight.

Greg.

Alrighty, I'll definetally look it over before I purchase. If I purchase.

I just wish that the TLR-1 tape switch had a built-in mount. While the ERGO tape switch holder works, I'd really rather it all be one piece...and have a lock-out.

And, beautiful rifles, Noart and Whomper.

-Vic

Archived