The Real Steel Discussion Thread

elrey

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those be some nice Judge and Raging Bull guns sir.

Just want to get the myth clear - is the Judge really a shotgun-in-a-revolver? I know it fires those .410 shotshells, but curious if the power is that of a small gauge shotgun (or, as Max Payne made me to believe).

Yea, that's what I thought XD. Though they must be fun to shoot I bet.

Yea, that's what I thought XD. Though they must be fun to shoot I bet.

You guys hit the nail on the head. It really is not terribly useful outside of 5 or 10 feet. Although for some reason it's still a blast to shoot. When I bring it out to the range everybody wants to try it.

Wife shooting buckshot out of it.

27.jpg

Screen cap of my wife firing Kimber. Another kind of a cool pic.

kimberflash.jpg

Couple quick questions:

Say i came across a Century Arms Galil, what would be an acceptable price? It was tagged at 750.

Also I got to look at a strange AR system today. It had a QD barrel system that with its own upper. But the upper would fit an milspec lower, but it also had its own lower in which you could change out the mag well.

It was basically a MASADA in AR form. It was quite interesting, but pricy...and a bit mundane imo.

The company that makes the civvie augs puts a forward assit on it.

Also, what shotty is that, and 870? Im not to fluent in shotgun speak.....

On the note of the galil, I cant decide if Id rather have it, your generic under folder ak, or an AMD 65...Proby just pick up an 870 first and worry about another battle rifle later, as I already have one of those.....

No they don't, they did for one generation.

Most augs have a forward assist integrated in the charging handle, but Tony decided that the AR pattern one was better. Then everyone got mad at him and he decided it was still a good idea, but that he wouldn't do it anymore.

No they don't, they did for one generation.

Most augs have a forward assist integrated in the charging handle, but Tony decided that the AR pattern one was better. Then everyone got mad at him and he decided it was still a good idea, but that he wouldn't do it anymore.

Also from what I heard the gen one guns couldn't take Aug mags with out modification to the mags. I picked up a gen 2 gun about a year ago with the changes customers wanted, so no forward assist and a wider mag well so it can take all types of Aug pattern mags. They have a gen 4 gun now that takes AR mags. I even think they have come out with AR mags that look like Aug mags. Which I think is a good idea because a standard AR mag just would not look right in a Aug pattern gun.

My gen 2

DSC02663.jpg

DSC02547.jpg

SueMSAR.jpg

Jagdraben is that a Century Arms Galil? I have always wanted a Galil but never been sure about Century Arms quality. I have one of their FALs and am not that happy with it.

The shotty is an 870.

The Century Galil was a piece of ######. I'm sure that some of them came out OK, but the one I got jammed all the time and shot waaay, waaaay right. Even with the front sight completely adjusted to account for it, it wasn't enough. I loved it to death, it just wasn't a good gun! I got so used to the constant malfunctions with it that it took me a while to get used to every gun I've had since then not jamming every four-five rounds.

The shotty is an 870.

The Century Galil was a piece of ######. I'm sure that some of them came out OK, but the one I got jammed all the time and shot waaay, waaaay right. Even with the front sight completely adjusted to account for it, it wasn't enough. I loved it to death, it just wasn't a good gun! I got so used to the constant malfunctions with it that it took me a while to get used to every gun I've had since then not jamming every four-five rounds.

That sucks but that's about the quality of my FAL. It doesn't have that kind of extreme inaccuracy but malfunctions on just about every shot. I have tried all manner of different ammo and every gas setting on the gun to no avail. I just cant bring myself to get rid of it.

DSC_0001-23.jpg

I looked on MSAR's website just to see what changes they made to their Gen 3 Aug clones and was surprised to see they have released their Gen 4 guns in 7.62x39, 5.45x39 and 6.8. An Aug chambered in 7.62x39 is kind of neat idea. I can't tell from the pic if it uses a propriety mag or if it uses AK mags. Either way it's a weird concept.

Archived