The Real Steel Discussion Thread

elrey

Reaper16,

IIRC, you have to be 21+ to purchase NFA items from a dealer. HOWEVER, you can be 18+ to make an NFA item.

Well, I'm in no financial position to build an SBR...Unless I buy a 16 inch and buy a shorter barrel for it....oh well. When it comes time I'll just drop a call to a lawyer, or call my local PD and ask how to proceed. It will be a while anyway... AK, shotgun, and optic for my ar come first.

Also, one more law related question, If i'm 18+ I can buy any semi auto rifle, provided that it isnt of the SBR or auto variety correct?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, one more law related question, If i'm 18+ I can buy any semi auto rifle, provided that it isnt of the SBR or auto variety correct?

Pends on the state but as a general rule, yes. I just got that Inland Carbine through the bloody mail lol.

Pends on the state but as a general rule, yes. I just got that Inland Carbine through the bloody mail lol.

Its nice too, my buddy who collects old guns like that, hes got 1-2 mausers, 2 nagants, 3 or 4 enfields, a garand, and a m1 carbine, and a french Mas 36. I'd love to have one someday.

Well, with the price of ak's not being too high ive been wanting one forever, as far as shotguns go, I might just buy one from bloody walmart....but my airsoft projects come first, since I dont get to shoot much in college.

At any rate, at the last two guns shows ive been to, ive found this same guy. HE sells your normal assortment of ar parts, and ak parts. They are nicely divided into bins, and labeled with great prices.

BUT! this old codger has chinese/ arisoft knock off scopes. Or at least im pretty sure they are. For example he had an "aimpoint micro" for 100 or so dollars? Same with eotechs etc. He also had one of those magnified scopes that have the rails built in for the EXACT same price as KA's. Now this irritates me, there is no way these are RS optics, but he sells them like they are.

Altho the aimpoint did have real trades....and i didnt pick it up but still....thoughts?

Melody, that is a gorgeous R700.

Ben.

Ben, thank you. :) I can't take the credit though. The paint job was done by my rifle instructor, whom I bought the rifle from. :)

I love it though. Deadly accurate. It's a 1/4 MOA rifle... but I'm not that accurate. I generally hold 3/4 to 1 MOA. Working on getting better however. :) Just trigger time is ... pretty darned expensive.

Mel

Never mind... I just dont want to even start any thing.

But, to keep it on topic... I am going to set me up a shot gun next.

I cant decide on either, pump or a auto. A pump would alow me to shoot any shell out of, but the auto would shoot faster with less recoil. Need opinions.

Honestly your not gaming much practical speed with the auto... Once you quit dumping a tube full of shells into a single target and start moving from target to target it is actually pretty even

As for recoil.. You could pick up a 870 and send it out to Vang for about the same price as an auto and have less recoil as well as a tighter pattern

Well mainly 3 gun or just a nice set up for when trying to beat the clock at the range. But any thing I have can also be used as a home defense gun.

What is a good semi auto shot gun. I was going to get a benelli M4 a few months ago(BEFORE titleist :P) but it wasnt worth it to me.

As always it just depends on what your needs are... For me a shotty is more for LL on the civie side and breaching/LL for the .mil usage

For a serious anti-social I will advocate a 11-87 simply due to the fact that shooters are prone to induce malfunctions with a pump gun under stress... If your not going to run LL (which I would assume not) just pick up a 11-87 or 1100

I also wouldn't spend any extra on the "breaching chokes" or devices that Remy is selling now... They are for nothing more than looks

Decided to do a quick comparison (As in just enough time to get it done and get hers wrapped up and under the tree haha) of the EOTech, DMS-1 and my Aimpoint by snapping a few pics aimed at the birdhouse in my backyard...

First up is the EOTech...

DSCF9189.jpg

Followed by the AP...

DSCF9191.jpg

And finally the DMS-1... First at 1x

DSCF9192.jpg

And then 4x (note I was in a hurry and didn't get the best shot of this)

DSCF9194.jpg

Archived