The Real Steel Discussion Thread

elrey

AK mags it takes.

Have you seen one yet? I have been poking around trying to find more info and have found very little. Some of the Aug forums have been saying that the E4 will have swappable caliber kits.

These are the mags the Aug forum guys believe will ship with the gun. Not sure where they got their info.

http://www.cproductsllc.com/shop/product_i...;products_id=59

I absolutely love my Gen 2 and might consider buying a Gen 4 in 7.62x39 just for the novelty of it.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. But Copsplus and Copquest don't seem to actually stock them, they just special order them when they are ordered.

As far as fit, don't believe what they have listed there. They only make the model 25 in one size!

As far as the fit goes, yes, a holster that will fit a Glock 22 w/ X200 should fit one w/ an X300. I know that the 6004 I have for my Glock 34/X200 is designed for some Insight light.

Thought I'd share some pics from the weekend. Finally got to try out some rs shooting at the weekends, where I'm from civilians arent allowed to own any guns, so we really had a great time when we were invited by our friends in the army to try out their guns...

In the armory we were like children in a toy/candy store, we were told we could pick any guns to try out...

IMG00153-20091213-1412.jpg

IMG00150-20091213-1000.jpg

IMG00151-20091213-1000.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

It was really a great weekend for us :D

The shotty is an 870.

The Century Galil was a piece of ######. I'm sure that some of them came out OK, but the one I got jammed all the time and shot waaay, waaaay right. Even with the front sight completely adjusted to account for it, it wasn't enough. I loved it to death, it just wasn't a good gun! I got so used to the constant malfunctions with it that it took me a while to get used to every gun I've had since then not jamming every four-five rounds.

Thanks,

and im no longer in the market for a galil, as I dont feel like building one...unless there is another company which makes them. At any rate id rather invest in an arsenal AK. Or another AR, of the 11 in variety.

On that note, must one be 21 to have an SBR, or is 18+ legal to own said SBR, providing all the paperwork, and registration with ATF and the like is filled out?

The E4 caliber conversions take AR mags, including the 7.62 and 5.45

This was the last I heard, one of my best friends was the head engineer there until about a month ago when he got fed up with the, ahem, mentality of the management.

Gen 1 was the only one that wouldn't take original Aug mags, for reference they are on Gen 4 now.

NOTE, THE E4 IS NOT AN STG-556, THEY ARE SEPARATE LINES. The E4 and STG Gen 4 are what are currently being produced.

raito, that looks like a great time, but now you know what your missing out on ;)

This was the last I heard, one of my best friends was the head engineer there until about a month ago when he got fed up with the, ahem, mentality of the management.

Let me preface what I'm about to say, I have no issues with my STG at all. It's one of my favorite guns that I own. Now it is a bit worrisome that MSAR has gone through 4 generations of their product in about 3 years. The fact that they made Gen 1 guns use proprietary mags seems like an incredibly dumb move. I would love to hear the back story on that decision. I'm going to assume these decisions and others we don't know about contributed to you friend getting fed up.

Ratio, that's pretty sweet that your military let you guys do that. That's one of those once in a lifetime opportunities.

Nacho clown I can't really get into the specifics of why my friend quit, as I am sworn to secrecy on the matter, suffice to say Tony is the worst boss you could possibly have. Stupid, overbearing, doesn't listen to his crew, hot wife, poor personal finance skills, abusive, just to name a few. I know there are several gun manufacturers that will have nothing to do with MSAR because Tony is such a *DIRTBAG*. VLTOR is the big one I can think of off the top of my head.

From what Ive been told the gen 1 thing actually wasn't a move of malicious intent. HE though that there wasn't gonna be a lot of demand for the usability of original AUG mags, and that his proprietary ones were an improvement (they weren't really)

Every stupid thing MSAR does is Tony going, "Lets do this" and everyone in the design part going "Why? What possibly could make you think this is a good idea?" then the age old bad boss adage "My company, my choice" Then when the customers go 'WTF why is there a AR style Forward assist on my AUG' or whatever then Tony goes "We should take this off, you engineering guys had a terrible idea, no one likes it."

Its ok, if he keeps up his haphazard style of management I am sure Microtech Small arms research will evaporate, and he will go back to just being a knife company. Then maybe some other company can buy all the STG related information and we could get someone reputable making it.

STG-556's and E4's are GREAT guns, but it is in spite of the company, not because of it. Maybe that speaks to the aug designs quality.

I would still buy one, doubly now that they are really cheap, but It might leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

EDIT: Said something that isn't on the swear filter, but that might not be acceptable.

As Century has proven, no company can produce a good weapon in spite of the company manufacturing it due to the quality of the design. :P

Now, I'm not saying that MSAR is a great company. H&K isn't one and neither was AAC. But all of them keep their QC high and turn out a good product.

EDIT: Maybe MSAR will suffer the same fate as LWRCi.... We can hope.

I would still buy one, doubly now that they are really cheap, but It might leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

Ok that is my one complaint. I bought my STG about a year ago for $1799 and now they are going for around $1299. That sort of sucks. I would like to chalk it up to last years panic buying but my FS2000(purchased same time) has held it's value.

It is because the FS2000 wasn't manufacturered in such a blitz the way the STG was, they just have STG parts sitting around now. MSAR does have excellent customer service, and the materials they use are mostly top notch so thats something there to.

EDIT: Added an It to the beginning of mah post.

EDIT 2: You can find them for less then 1 k now.

I was asked to put up some photos of mine, so here ya go. :)

This is my custom .308 built on a Remington 700 short action. Barrel is a 24" Mike Rock 1:11.27 twist 5R. Stock is a Manners T2 filled with sniperfill. Glass is a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 6.5-20x50mm illuminated mildot reticle. Trigger pull is a crisp 2.5 pounds

308.jpg

This is my AR-15, currently set up to be precision. It's a CMMG upper and lower chambered in .223. Free floated barrel and PRS. Trigger pull is 3 pounds

ar-15.jpg

This is my Les Baer TRS with VZ grips (instead of the stock rosewood grips)

baer.jpg

My Kimber Ultra Raptor II

kimber.jpg

My S&W Model 910

sw910.jpg

I also have (but no pictures of) an S&W 460XVR, a Winchester 870 Express shotgun, and my husband has a Stoeger "Coach" gun (side by side) in 12ga.

I will have, on the 29th, my newest rifle that I filled out paperwork for. It's taken nearly a year, but it'll soon be in my hands... I don't have pictures of it yet, but if you go to http://www.nemesisarms.com/ you can see it. And yes, it really does break down into a briefcase. :)

We're also planning on getting a Barrett M99 in .416 Barrett, but that'll be sometime after the beginning of the year. :)

Mel

M1Carbine7.jpg

M1Carbine9.jpg

M1Carbine10.jpg

Anyone familiar with M1 Carbine's know how to make the adjustable rear sight not jiggle? I've already taken this thing down to bolt to get the armorer's grease off of it, but I didnt see any screw inside the receiver holding it in place and it seems like if I yanked hard enough on it the whole sight will just fly off.

*EDIT* oh and I know "new" is more applicative of ownership right now :P

Nice M1 Carbine there, Captain. Where did you get it and what price? CMP?

Edit:

Replacement non adj sight, that happens to look like a M4 peep sight replacement:

http://www.fulton-armory.com/MCarbParts.htm

According to them, the rear sight is supposed to be staked in, so take a look at the dove tails and see if it came loose. One also suggested the strategic placement of blue lock tight

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=434441

Yep, CMP rack grade (it's a project gun) for about $450 shipped.

Looks like that's what I'm doing, although that guy said it best, these arn't match grade sights so I guess I'll have to get used to some wobble.

EDIT

I just fixed it while toying with them in my lap. I gave it a slight tug up and to the right and it seems to hold that position even when cycling the bolt.

Archived