Madbull Ultimate Hopup Assembly

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi arnies,

Ok, so after reading all the posts, I am really interested in upgrading to one of these Hop Up Units.

My set up will be:

-Madbull Ultimate Hop Up Unit

-Madbull Ultimate 6.01 TBB

-Gaurder Clear Bucking (Soft)

However, i've looked everywhere for the Big Out Nubs or Element H Nubs but nowhere has them in stock anymore.

I've been looking into this instead: Polar Star Concave Spacer (licensed by SCS)

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_71_371&products_id=31599

What do you guys think? will this work well? any personal experiences?

Thanks

-Shin

I have much personal experience with Madbull hops, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

Sorry to be vague but it really depends on what AEG you stick it in.

As a standard formula though, stick to MB buckings (blue one) and use their 6.03 TBB instead.

This combo really worked well for me on the times I got it working.

Unfortunately with hops, buckings and nibs, it's all a case of trial and error.

• 2 months later...

Ok, so I am having a slight issue with this hop up unit. I thought this would be the best place to ask my question:

My current setup:

-madbul Ultimate hop up

-Madbul ultimate 6.01 tbb

-SCS H-Nub

-Guarder Clear Bucking

My issue is this. with the stock tm inner barrel and G&P hop up unit, my rifle was shooting bb's out at around 390 fps. However with this new fps, I am seeing a decrease in fps from 390 to 312 (actually quite consistent).

Any ideas how I can remedy this situation and bring the fps back to 390?

Thanks

Madbull TBB's suck. Switch to something else. Anything else. Even the CA TBB's are better than the Madbull TBB. My buddy had the exact same issue a couple nights ago with the exact same configuration as what you have. The culprit was also the Madbull TBB. My recommendation is to switch the TBB to a Prometheus or preferably KM TBB.

Thanks corps! I'll definitely look into switching the inner barrel (even to my stock TM one if needed)

Anyways, a little update. yesterday, i went to HSP - excited to field my new setup (even with the decrease in FPS).

However, I was extremely disappointed with the results. I was getting random fliers that veered drastically to the right ever 5th or 7th shot on semi. On automatic it wasn't any better as the shots veered in every direction.

Corps, was your friend having problems with the above other than just a decrease in FPS?

After the initial tests and massive loss in FPS, he immediately switched back to his original hopUp setup until he got a better inner barrel. So we never got a chance to see the flight trajectories. I do know he switched to the PDI-Vhold bucking which he said was pretty awesome.