I saw this...

Triggerhappychappy

Was just looking around, learning everthing I can before eventually buying an actual airsoft gun- allbeit two tone since I dont /cant skirmish, just want a nice, reliablewithoutbeingstupidlyexpensiveorneedinglotsofupgradestolast, type of rifle ( M4 or something like that, those types all look the same to me :blink: ). More of a nice ornament that I can plink with occasionally, ya know?

Anyway, sorry if its an old video or anything, it just made me chuckle a little bit. ;)

^^ That.

I dont drive, and the nearest site is... Bristol I think, or somewhere in that direction; sitting on a bus for 3-4 hours with all my kit in a bag, half a days skirmishing, then 3-4 hours to get home again... not my idea of fun. God forbid anyone wanted to look in my bag/ case either.

Thing with airsoft (to me) seems to be that its as much about getting the look of your loadout right, as much as it is actually using it- ofcourse Stealthbomber would disagree with that and say this aint no fashion parade, which I would agree with too.

I am a noisy lurker though, thats about as accurate as a description as any; I just avoid asking too many noobish questions in favour of reading lots & trying to take it all in.

:)

Not really, I mean, I don't skirmish neaaaaarly as much as I'd like to (maybe 3-5 times a year at the moment!) mainly due to not being able to drive, but there is definatly a difference between stuff you see on forums and you see at skirmish sites, sure they are geardos, but there are also alot of guys with big tasco scopes fitted to g36cs with 2 hicaps clipped together, which you rarely see posted on forums.

Ah, cheers Ben. I've seen UCZ paintball on the way into TragoMills (Newton Abbot) many a time, never realised they had an airsoft venue near Exeter. Over the summer I may well have to drop by just to observe a few games, then decide if its for me or not- CQB settings indoors and outdoors kinda negates the idea I had for some kind of DMR / sniper-esque setup, though... we'll see.

Thanks again.

Ah, cheers Ben. I've seen UCZ paintball on the way into TragoMills (Newton Abbot) many a time, never realised they had an airsoft venue near Exeter. Over the summer I may well have to drop by just to observe a few games, then decide if its for me or not- CQB settings indoors and outdoors kinda negates the idea I had for some kind of DMR / sniper-esque setup, though... we'll see.

Thanks again.

90% of newbs go into airsoft thinking they're snipers. not many stick with it ;)

if you get something like an M14 you have the best of both worlds, excellent range and accuracy plus semi/full auto. that way, bolt a scope to it, stay on semi and see if you enjoy it as much.

Archived