HP PPsh-41 AEG

DarkLite

hp-ppsh-01.jpg

Steel and wood. All of it.

hp-ppsh-02.jpg

The reciever is stamped steel, same as the real pahpahshah, and it's blued.

hp-ppsh-03.jpg

Solid wood stock - you can fit an 11.1v lipo in there, I suspect it'll also fit a mini nimh.

hp-ppsh-04.jpg

Selector for semi and full.

hp-ppsh-05.jpg

Rear sight has two positions, a la real one.

hp-ppsh-06.jpg

An optional leather sling.

Link.

Price is set tenatively at about $295USD with shipping included. I know the AGM claims to be on it's way - but I haven't seen any solid proof of it existing outside of CAD drawings at all. I'd imagine Frontiers can give some more information on that, but my contacts in china tell me that AGM's boss, manager and chief engineer are still in jail, so it seems unlikely.

The drum mag is a hicap, included with the gun, hand wound - a motor-wound version is being made too. The Internals are apparently a TM Ver 7 GB mated to a G36 hop-up unit, which should give good performance and range. I've asked about the possibility of stick-style midcaps for it, and HP are thinking about it.

I'll be doing a review when I get back to HK hopefully, so fingers crossed and such. :D

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know the AGM claims to be on it's way - but I haven't seen any solid proof of it existing outside of CAD drawings at all. I'd imagine Frontiers can give some more information on that, but my contacts in china tell me that AGM's boss, manager and chief engineer are still in jail, so it seems unlikely.

AGM Boss is out on bail, but if you would know AGM ;) you would know who the real boss is and running the factory and that is not the guy (on charge ;)) and they are working on that right now, so plenty of PPSH-41's coming i guess HP got it first, ARES could be next but AGM is coming also in the next few months as they just started their project. Interesting since i thought HP only makes parts, didnt know they are into guns also.

AGM Boss is out on bail, but if you would know AGM ;) you would know who the real boss is and running the factory and that is not the guy (on charge ;)) and they are working on that right now, so plenty of PPSH-41's coming i guess HP got it first, ARES could be next but AGM is coming also in the next few months as they just started their project. Interesting since i thought HP only makes parts, didnt know they are into guns also.

I've known that HP were making a PPSH for about a year now - I saw the very first prototypes when I was in HK on holiday. HP also made the Galil conversion kits that are on Gunner-Airsoft - they would have been sold as full AEGs, but Cybergun got pissy.

HP stuff is generally pretty damn good quality - they're based in HK so their QC is a sight better than most ACM manufacturers. Plus they actually design their own stuff.

Really excellent stuff, not only is it a unique (at the moment!) gun but its also a really postive sign that chinese companies are designed orginal, high quality stuff. Don't get me wrong there is defiantly a market for cheap clones, but I think this is a really good thing. Can't say I'd buy one myself (maybe when I have some money...) but yeah, top banana. The stuff about PKM is cool, if they could get it around the price mark of the ARES m60 then they'd be onto a winner! Fingers crossed this is the start of some nice russian stuff, VSS would be cool ;)

Really excellent stuff, not only is it a unique (at the moment!) gun but its also a really postive sign that chinese companies are designed orginal, high quality stuff. Don't get me wrong there is defiantly a market for cheap clones, but I think this is a really good thing. Can't say I'd buy one myself (maybe when I have some money...) but yeah, top banana. The stuff about PKM is cool, if they could get it around the price mark of the ARES m60 then they'd be onto a winner! Fingers crossed this is the start of some nice russian stuff, VSS would be cool ;)

Completely agree with this.

Especially the last bit, there.

-Vic

I hope they will make a suomi m/31 too, it's 10 times better than a ppsh-41 IRL which is a "copy" of m/31.

You guys don't need any since you can probably use the real one, you Finnish guys are so hard even the Russians are scared!

AGM Boss is out on bail, but if you would know AGM ;) you would know who the real boss is and running the factory and that is not the guy (on charge ;) ) and they are working on that right now, so plenty of PPSH-41's coming i guess HP got it first, ARES could be next but AGM is coming also in the next few months as they just started their project. Interesting since i thought HP only makes parts, didnt know they are into guns also.

Oooh ARES, I think I'd rather burn my money -it would be more productive!

Competition is good always, for us consumers anyways haha, AGM version is privately funded (its not AGM started project) but someone from the outside (i know who but cannot post it here) someone funded that project to make it. It don't matter anyways who is the name ordering it as its 100% is coming! and not that far away either. I think personally ARES will be the loser on this race :P but we'll see never know who surprises on this round.

Archived