Motion Tracker by T-Cube

RedWolf

The Future is Now

From Rogue Spear to Metal Gear and made particularly popular with it's recent incarnation in Infinity Ward's "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 as the heartbeat sensor, the idea of an infantry portable, lightweight and compact real-time positional map has been more of a plot device then an engineering gadget. Without the minimap, players would be totaly lost and confused and since its inception its obvious potential for use in real life has not gone unnoticed.

The MT-1268 Motion Tracker by T-Cube may not be as far fetched as full blown sci-fi but it does have the distinctive edge over its fictional brethren by actually existing. The Motion Tracker utilizes GPS technology to ascertain it's own location and then relays that navigational data via UHF radio signaling to other Motion Trackers in the vicinity.

With a 2-second update cycle and a 500m range, the device is best served to keep track of all of your friendlies; who is where and when. It also includes many other functions to facilitate in pushing your team co-ordination that much more and it's encoding feature allows for massive potential in milsim games with different sides, detachments, teams, squads, pairs all on different codes and channels. T-Cube work around the clock on their product line to facilitate this device including the infamous gun cradle to mount your tracker to the accessory rail of your weapon.

For the full review of the Motion Tracker, check out Redwolf TVs latest video review.

I hate to be pessimistic, but if that's the line-of-sight range between devices then it's worse than the GIJoe walkie-talkies I got for Christmas 20 years ago.

Cool GUI though, like a Garmin Rino had a baby with Halo.

I hate to be pessimistic, but if that's the line-of-sight range between devices then it's worse than the GIJoe walkie-talkies I got for Christmas 20 years ago.

Cool GUI though, like a Garmin Rino had a baby with Halo.

That GIJoe walkie is a walkie talkie. It does not transmit data, only waves. The T-Qubes use a form for wireless internet connections similar to the one in most homes today. Have not heard about anyone complaining about them not reaching 500m...

i emailed the company a while back to ask for the prices

it was around 120-140$(if i remember correctly) but you had to order 100

it might be usefull to use in a game but its far to expensive

i wonder if there is any way to reprogram a gps to have the same function, a normal gps can cost less than 100$

That GIJoe walkie is a walkie talkie. It does not transmit data, only waves. The T-Qubes use a form for wireless internet connections similar to the one in most homes today. Have not heard about anyone complaining about them not reaching 500m...

I'm pretty sure you can transmit data through a radio signal, especially the tiny amount of data required for this application. My point was that 500 meters is a ridiculously short distance when you factor in the effect of terrain on the signal.

they are capable of sending their info out to normal UHF radio distances, its just that the unit only has 500m as its largest display setting...

That makes a little more sense.

Normal GPS receivers you get in a hiking store only have a receiver, not the transmitter that you need to send your GPS data to another unit so they have your location.

KM

Hence the Rino.

i have a feeling that you can unlock normal GPS functions because they way the unit has to work is that an application displays over the normal GPS display. kind of like how you play a game on your computer.

i have contacted them about unlocking more functionality and adding some pieces of additional hardware (radio headset plug and keyboard), in this type of device its very possible. i did use the word gimmick.

hopefully, they will open their eyes to my suggestions and see it will help sell their devices. for some reason, it appears they are very closed minded when it comes to functionality and really expected to sell dozens of these things at 250 bucks.

no, your supposed to voice aloud that youve been hit anyway. that would just make sure more people know.

it also depends on the rules you play. in newengland USA, most of us use boe's wounded rule where when your shot, your only a wounded player and just have to sit down and not fire at anyone, but you can yell and scream all you want (using thw radio isnt allowed though) and then if you are tagged by an enemy player (or shot again with the specific intent to shut you up depending on how we feel like playing it) you are fully dead and need to walk back to the spawn area. the sit down part also allows a player on your team to hold onto you (for the last 30 seconds of your bleed out time) in order to revive you on the spot.

• 2 weeks later...

imo this really item is in completely the wrong market.

This is not an airsot accessory tbh. They are just leaching on to the COD wanna be stereotype and not actually fulfilling the role?? They claim to have a heart beat sensor?? But all it does is track other devices?? The fail gizmondo did that but you looked like less of a tool strolling around with a gizmondo in an airsoft game then you would strolling around with this massive t-cube bouncing off the side of your rifle.

This kind of device would be better suited for the backpacking expedition market as a way of knowing where members of your team are should the conditions become worse or should an accident occur. If it doubled as a comunications device with some sort of target identiication ability such as the ability to share the location of the enemy between units or enemy positions as a gps co-ordinate between units or being able to actually detect a heartbeat as it claims to or actually serve any purpse whatso ever other than being able to tell you that a member of your team who has one of these ridiculously over priced units is standing next to you??

This is just another example of a replica of an in game add on that does quite meet expectations and doesnt quite meet fullfill a need or a niche or solve a problem that exists? Its an expensive add on that is only good for the fact that no one else has one.

If it had the ability to share information between units across a wide field range, had map functions or track storage that shows where you have been as a trail, or had a key pad to transmit coded messages between units covertly or a radio transmit function like the garmin rhino, or weather updates that can be taken from the gps satalites or even a rail attachment that means you could attach it to your rifle not have a juggling act or holding your rifle or pistol in one hand and then precariously balancing this unit in the other. What should happen if you need to reload? Or need to wind your magazine??

This is another useless gimmic to enter the wrong market and as a product designer im ashamed to see has missed out on so much basic functionality that a unit of this cost SHOULD have.

Ryan

i have contacted them about unlocking more functionality and adding some pieces of additional hardware (radio headset plug and keyboard), in this type of device its very possible. i did use the word gimmick.

hopefully, they will open their eyes to my suggestions and see it will help sell their devices. for some reason, it appears they are very closed minded when it comes to functionality and really expected to sell dozens of these things at 250 bucks.

I bet you any money you never contacted them...

they are capable of sending their info out to normal UHF radio distances, its just that the unit only has 500m as its largest display setting.

theres already a topic about these things here too.

The range is dependant on the antennae and if the antennae only has a range of 500m then thats all it can achieve.

500m is a pretty fair distance for this type of unit, i mean a PRC349 Clansman man pack radio has a range of 500m in built up areas and thats a military standard section level radio set. So 500m on a motion tracker is pretty fair imho

Ryan

I bet you any money you never contacted them...

i dont understand why your getting on my back about it. i really did send them an email requesting to have input on its functionality.

however, they didnt reply. didnt really expect them too.

your newer, so ill say this, whenever i say i emailed a company, i have. i have done so and posted about it many times. its not hard to send an email at all.

and its not dependent on just the antenna, which is the antenna you see on the outside. which is as long as most other consumer radios. the power of the transmitter has a large part in it too.

Some people at Redwolf Airsoft have contacted T-cube about some features we would like to see and any suggestions to the design. Anything you want me to tell them to add?

ah, good to hear. my list is extensive and i havnt wrote anything down to remember half the things i thought about the other week.

but i dont care enough anymore. no matter what happens with it, im never going to buy one.

unless they become popular in my area. which wont happen.

however, in short, i want to be able to send text messages between the devices with an external keyboard interface. the ability to use normal GPS functionality. the ability to communicate with the internal UHF radio.

it would be cool to have them make a companion keyboard for it. small, flexible and can fit on some sort of arm rig. i only ask for T-Qube to make one because i dont think i can find one with a mini USB interface.

and, i would like to see an adapter for the USB port to plug in a radio headset.

other than that, theres a lot of changes i wanted to suggest to the actual motion tracker program. but i dont feel the need to discuss it.

Archived