BAR 1918

Frontiers

fronteirs mentioned it in the PPSH thread.

whats wrong with the pistol grip stock config?

like in this video:

i think the pistol grip makes it look much better.

maybe a shortened for end version with the pistol grip stock?

but do request a version with a shortened for end.

Later the Model 1924 rifle was offered for a short period of time, featuring a pistol grip and a redesigned handguard.from wikipedia, this one is 1918A2 what is cloned :)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Time for a pinstripe suit and trilby methinks...

I'm in two minds about that, a GBB M3 gives mac 10 gbb mags for a future version of that, BUT we already have an aeg mac 10 with easy to find mags so if there was an aeg M3 the mags are out already...

No, I'm with ya cazboab, I was just thinking that the GBB mechanism they originally used in the Hudson M3 Grease Gun wasn't that bad, if they had made it out of metal and not plastic- But either way, as long as they do the gun in metal, I'm happy.

I mean a Marushin in 8mm and full metal would make me the happiest....just to see all the 8mm haters go apoplectic :P

this is the donor gun, this version will come with the Extras that VFC didnt include! (just the handle and bipod cost like $260 USD or so) this will come with everything included, VFC BAR 1918A2 model. Real wood and metal body. Other parts are in cloning at the moment so couldnt get more pictures yet, but will update as i get more information!

Wow....someone sure wasn't keen on taking care of their nice $1000+ dollar Airsoft gun were they?

Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful they are cloning this, but yikes...weathering and aging is one thing, but that weapon looks as if it was drug behind a burro ;)

I'm not so much into the BAR myself, but more WWII guns are always welcome. Assuming AGM will be making this, and speaking of WWII machine guns in general... when the hell is the AGM MG42 coming out? Has that project been canceled/postponed indefinitely? Could have sworn I heard something to that extent a couple of months ago; something about AGM breaking their donor 42 and not being able to continue the project... I'm hoping that was BS and I'm still trying to keep the flame alive in hopes that a clone MG42 WILL one day be released.

I'm not so much into the BAR myself, but more WWII guns are always welcome. Assuming AGM will be making this, and speaking of WWII machine guns in general... when the hell is the AGM MG42 coming out? Has that project been canceled/postponed indefinitely? Could have sworn I heard something to that extent a couple of months ago; something about AGM breaking their donor 42 and not being able to continue the project... I'm hoping that was BS and I'm still trying to keep the flame alive in hopes that a clone MG42 WILL one day be released.

delayed/post poned and this is not AGM project.

“I just want a K98 with VSR internals”

- I’ll second (or third) that!! The BAR is a massive boon to those wanting something different and I can see that its being made as it can be cloned but surely a Kar98 with just decent internals would be just as easy AND a massive seller? No to shell ejecting gimmickry, yes to nice long accurate barrel/hop-up unit and decent FPS on a simple bolt action mechanism!!

Other than that, someone needs to get to an AEG M1 Garand by now? Too many Thompsons and MP40’s unbalancing the WWII skirmishes!

fronteirs mentioned it in the PPSH thread.

whats wrong with the pistol grip stock config?

like in this video:

i think the pistol grip makes it look much better.

maybe a shortened for end version with the pistol grip stock?

but do request a version with a shortened for end.

the one in the vid doesnt have a pistol grip the guy in the vids just holding it like an Rtard jp :whistling: :whistling:

Erm, yes it does, watch as he hands it back to the first dude. Anyway, back on topic! This looks like an amazing year for WW2 airsoft guns! As others have said an M1 carbine AEG would be awesome, such a nice, handy little weapon. Good news on the BAR, won't be buying one myself but I look forward to seeing them on the field!

edit: DarkLite, you got there first.

Look closely. 21 seconds in. Pistol grip.

I know, thats why I said JK and put the silly smiley face.

pretty cool though with the handel it reminds me of a Johnson light machine gun

I agree with the m1 carbine idea, my dad owns a real one and its pretty fun to shoot and such. It feels so small in your hands too!

Bipod + Carry Handle .... check!

Midcaps ........................ Please!

M14 Hop up .................. Please!

Please have some heft to it. As well as look into stress testing the trunnions on this beast. I see a long replica like this succumbing to barrel/stock snap if the for mentioned parts are weak

i think you guys shout stop pressuring for steel. im not sure if its very possible to make it from steel with normal Chinese methods.

every other steel Chinese gun has only been stamped steel, and even on those guns, the parts that cant be stamped, aren't steel.

are BARs made of stamped steel?

I'm gonna say woah stop here, has anyone ever had a pot-metal AK or something actually break? I mean the little bits should be steel, but I'm all my years of airsoft I've never seen a pot metal body break, come to think of it, except for those armalite plastic bodies seem to stand up pretty well aswell. Steel would be nice, but there's nought wrong with pot metal bodies.

I'm gonna say woah stop here, has anyone ever had a pot-metal AK or something actually break?

Didn't early ACM EBR's break because the metal wasn't strong enough to support the weight? I haven't heard anything in a while about them breaking (maybe they've fixed something?). I'm not saying that all steel is the way to go (although it would be cool), but just so long as the metal is strong enough for the BAR to operate without ####### itself over.

I'm gonna say woah stop here, has anyone ever had a pot-metal AK or something actually break? I mean the little bits should be steel, but I'm all my years of airsoft I've never seen a pot metal body break, come to think of it, except for those armashites plastic bodies seem to stand up pretty well aswell. Steel would be nice, but there's nought wrong with pot metal bodies.

Its not like you could easily break a pot metal receiver in half, but there are some things that deffo need to be metal, like the bit that holds the barrel in place, etc. Think mp5 foregrip tangs.

Didn't somebody recently post up pictures of a new CA AR15 showing that the back end of the lower receiver had snapped off, taking the stock with it?

Decent quality "pot metal" is probably going to be fine for most applications but the problems start when companies use poor quality metal or a sub-standard casting process.

On a heavy gun you either need terrific design and high-quality manufacture or you need to use materials strong enough to hide any weaknesses in design or manufacture.

Also, can we cut out the "*armash*te" references please? It's not big and it's not clever. :waggle:

Archived