BAR 1918

Frontiers

Mates Dboys arma... erm... ;)

Mates Dboys SPR broke in half. Looking at the voids in the cast monkey metal, I was surprised it held together as long as it did.

Accepted, my mate is rather clumsy and was wearing worn out boots so he was slipping and sliding everywhere, but this was not as a result of a fall.

I learnt right there, never buy a monkey metal Dboys Armalite.

I would prefer plastic any day.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mates Dboys SPR broke in half. Looking at the voids in the cast monkey metal, I was surprised it held together as long as it did.

Accepted, my mate is rather clumsy and was wearing worn out boots so he was slipping and sliding everywhere, but this was not as a result of a fall.

Here's a rather embarassing story....

There was an abandoned 2 story building at a site I was playing at. No windows, no roof. Just the concrete structure.

I went upstairs with my shiny new ICS M4 (and it's annoying slopey-butt LE stock) and a team-mate asked me to spot for him while he sniped.

I propped my gun up at the top of the stairs and.... you can guess the rest.

I turn around to see my brand-new gun cartwheeling neatly down the concrete stairs, end-over-end.

Once I'd finished swearing I went down to retrieve it sweep up the bits, only to find that the sum total of the damage was a hugely mangled flash-hider.

Pot metal CAN be plenty strong enough for airsoft if it's decent quality and properly cast.

Thing is, if I was a smart chinese manufacturer I'd secretly concede that I use cr*p materials and employ drones to manufacture the guns and, for that reason, I'd deliberately choose the most intrinsically strong materials possible.

funnily the only gun I've seen snap is when somone rather foolishly decided to run from a Pyro, through a concrete door frame.. with the gun held sideways. needless to say, snappage did occur. But as long as the metal isn't made of bone china and it shouldn't be with the price point for LMGs then I reckon it'll be plenty strong enough.

Here's a rather embarassing story....

There was an abandoned 2 story building at a site I was playing at. No windows, no roof. Just the concrete structure.

I went upstairs with my shiny new ICS M4 (and it's annoying slopey-butt LE stock) and a team-mate asked me to spot for him while he sniped.

I propped my gun up at the top of the stairs and.... you can guess the rest.

I turn around to see my brand-new gun cartwheeling neatly down the concrete stairs, end-over-end.

Once I'd finished swearing I went down to retrieve it sweep up the bits, only to find that the sum total of the damage was a hugely mangled flash-hider.

Pot metal CAN be plenty strong enough for airsoft if it's decent quality and properly cast.

Thing is, if I was a smart chinese manufacturer I'd secretly concede that I use cr*p materials and employ drones to manufacture the guns and, for that reason, I'd deliberately choose the most intrinsically strong materials possible.

To be fair, comparing ICS to Dboys... ICS are on a different planet quality wise. If that had been a monkey metal Dboys, you would have needed a sock to brush up all the bits.

I bet you felt sick when you saw it fall though! :o

I think part of the problem is steel is a lot more expensive, both to make the parts and work the parts. Also the Chinese don't see a problem with cast off monkey metal. It does not rust much either so why do we silly airsofters want rusty steel? Perhaps they think they are mostly wall hangers?

i will be meeting with them next week Wednesday, so anything you want to know or want to make for this, before monday post it here and i make a list what i talk with them! Locaps for 20rds? normal VFC mag is 190rds aint that called Midcap? somebody need hicap for this or what is needed, post here! You could post here also the capacities you want for the magazines and i can take up that issue with them :)

If the mag is wound using a wheel, then its generally a hicap.

Midcaps regardless of capacity are not wound using a wheel.

Many, myself included see lowcaps as 50-90 ish and midcaps as 90-140+

There are arguments that anything around 80-90 rounds could be called a mid or a lo cap. Don't think anyone really cares that much.

Yes a 190 round non winding mag would be a midcap.

A 190 round wheel wound mag would be a hicap.

I totally don't understand why AGM didn't make mid-caps for the STG-44, I mean less people buy them.. but inherent in their design is the fact those who buy them, buy more of them.

I'd say

Real/Midcap - look at a TM sopmod mag for a switch to turn it from mid to real - I'm sure most people will be very happy with that.

And of course a hi-cap of as many rounds as you can fit in it :lol:

Bipod, carry handle, if I dare, an optional RIS mount for optics?

I can't think of anything else. But I'd love to see Real/Midcaps like the sopmod mags.

i will be meeting with them next week Wednesday, so anything you want to know or want to make for this, before monday post it here and i make a list what i talk with them! Locaps for 20rds? normal VFC mag is 190rds aint that called Midcap? somebody need hicap for this or what is needed, post here! You could post here also the capacities you want for the magazines and i can take up that issue with them :)

I DEMAND a RIS on the handguard and an upper rail for eotech Goodness... :lol:

No, just kidding :P give the maker my thanks for his effort and good luck on this project so he can continue bringing us WWII replicas :)

He was only joking.

And seeing that this was a squad weapon back than, and more or less the equivalent of the Minimi M249 of these days, I would sure like to see something around a 400rounds hicap, to give it at least that slight advantage above the rest of the team.

Great to see more ww2 weapons out there.

Maybe tempted to get one for us free French.

But for pities sake give us some ww2 boltactions :angry2:

Our unit would need to get 10 or so, so there must be many out there who want them.

money waiting for those that pull there finger out and give us the ww2 weapons we want.

i did not see a sling or optics mount in any real pictures that i saw, was there any?

There was no optics mount on the Browning Automatic Rifle, and there should not be one on the clone....this ain't no model 1894 Winchester afterall... :P

Archived