BAR 1918

Frontiers

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
soon anyways :) bear with me guys, latest by after the Shot Show is finished then have news guaranteed! if not before.

Frontiers, 'ol buddy, 'ol pal.....

Let me help you avoid some of the pitfalls this here 'Airsoft Scoop' game has in it ok?

(see 'The misadventures of Darklite' for reference ;) )

Never, NEVER ever, ever say: "I have amazing news for you guys, but you'll just have to wait til I can tell you!"

First off, the 'powers that be' that pass this intel to you NEVER EVER come back on the day they say they are going to spill the beans, so you look foolish- Then those same tossers that gave you the 'top secret' juicy-juice almost NEVER have real news that is all that exciting in the first place, thereby again, making you look like an a$$...

Don't do it man! don't fall for the trap!

Listen, I know the allure and excitement of being the first to have cool news is a VERY POWERFUL drug- honestly I do. Sadly though, the chances of something like this happening where you 'tease us' then can't deliver on the day you said, thereby making your audience start wondering if you really have any news or if this is some lame 'watch this space' game are WAY to high....

We like you too much Frontiers, you have always had the info in the past- Please don't fall into the same old news trap, so PLEASE DON'T DO THIS AGAIN..ok?

When you have actual, ready for publication news for the community, simply tell us right mate? No more lame teasers. Let's not have a repeat of what has ruined careers in the past eh?

Slainte!

indeed he does, every time frontiers comes back with a new topic or updates I get like a little kid :lol: Guiness is mostly right tho, best not to promise news until you have it as manufacturers might say they've got something big to tell you then when they do, its like oops, its not ready yet or it wasn't THAT exciting :P

Frontiers, 'ol buddy, 'ol pal.....

Let me help you avoid some of the pitfalls this here 'Airsoft Scoop' game has in it ok?

(see 'The misadventures of Darklite' for reference ;) )

Never, NEVER ever, ever say: "I have amazing news for you guys, but you'll just have to wait til I can tell you!"

First off, the 'powers that be' that pass this intel to you NEVER EVER come back on the day they say they are going to spill the beans, so you look foolish- Then those same tossers that gave you the 'top secret' juicy-juice almost NEVER have real news that is all that exciting in the first place, thereby again, making you look like an a$...

Don't do it man! don't fall for the trap!

Listen, I know the allure and excitement of being the first to have cool news is a VERY POWERFUL drug- honestly I do. Sadly though, the chances of something like this happening where you 'tease us' then can't deliver on the day you said, thereby making your audience start wondering if you really have any news or if this is some lame 'watch this space' game are WAY to high....

We like you too much Frontiers, you have always had the info in the past- Please don't fall into the same old news trap, so PLEASE DON'T DO THIS AGAIN..ok?

When you have actual, ready for publication news for the community, simply tell us right mate? No more lame teasers. Let's not have a repeat of what has ruined careers in the past eh?

Slainte!

mate, if you could have added my MSN yesterday as i added your, i could have explained to you why i cannot post this news in here yet...
mate, if you could have added my MSN yesterday as i added your, i could have explained to you why i cannot post this news in here yet...

LOL! that was you? I wondered who that was haha :D

No, I'm quite certain that you have excellent reasons for not sharing yet, all I'm saying is, why even put the teaser out there and run the risk of what is happening right now? My point is, keep it to yourself until you can share. Thats all- don't get me wrong, everybody loves and appreciates your news- The thing that no one appreciates is "I'll tell you tomorrow! check back here!" (eagerly awaits tomorrow) "Sorry, I'll tell you day after tomorrow, I promise!" That stuff gets old real fast ;)

If it is a small group of people that have knowledge of the 'secret' and everybody is sworn to the same level of secrecy, then whats the point of posting a teaser in the first place? Just tell us when you can tell us and avoid the whole dilemma of almost spilling the beans and whatnot...

LOL! that was you? I wondered who that was haha :D

No, I'm quite certain that you have excellent reasons for not sharing yet, all I'm saying is, why even put the teaser out there and run the risk of what is happening right now? My point is, keep it to yourself until you can share. Thats all- don't get me wrong, everybody loves and appreciates your news- The thing that no one appreciates is "I'll tell you tomorrow! check back here!" (eagerly awaits tomorrow) "Sorry, I'll tell you day after tomorrow, I promise!" That stuff gets old real fast ;)

If it is a small group of people that have knowledge of the 'secret' and everybody is sworn to the same level of secrecy, then whats the point of posting a teaser in the first place? Just tell us when you can tell us and avoid the whole dilemma of almost spilling the beans and whatnot...

i know, the problem is when i posted the first news i did not know what happened after that, if i knew what came upon i would not have posted anything here about this :) is really my fault but i posted it already and cannot go back in time :(. Sorry for that really, i don't want to tease anybody of anything.

Ok, so that BAR in the Shot Show pictures is actually a VFC product, apparently "due out" in 3 weeks at $1400 and being presented somewhat as a 'new' product.

...wait, don't we already have a VFC CNC'd BAR that went for $1500? what's the big deal with this one?

So since this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, and who has $1400 to drop in this economy anyway....but I digress so again I ask....what's going on with the "clone" BAR?? :P

shot show is not finished!!!! if you cannot ask nicely, dont ask at all mate ;) i hate when someone is using BOLD or ????? or !!!! to ask something. Patience is clearly not a virtue for everyone :rolleyes:

Now now, Frontiers old chum..... :waggle:

See, this is exactly what I was trying to warn you about-

You created this 'monster' yourself mate by throwing it out there and setting folks up for expectations.....Let's have no impatience on your part when folks want the intel you primed them up to expect yeah? That's bad form and will loose you followers very rapidly....again, I would point you to the "Rumors I heard from China" thread or whatever it was called.

...Let's all try to be patient, myself included, Shot Show will be over soon..... :rolleyes:

And it's all just speculation til we see them show up at Gunners' or RSOV sometime in late February or March anyway...I don't know why we make such a big deal about new product news til 'you can buy it' in the first place....oh yeah, it's the dreaded 'winter months' for so many of us, can't play, but we can dream..... ;)

Now now, Frontiers old chum..... :waggle:

See, this is exactly what I was trying to warn you about-

You created this 'monster' yourself mate by throwing it out there and setting folks up for expectations.....Let's have no impatience on your part when folks want the intel you primed them up to expect yeah? That's bad form and will loose you followers very rapidly....again, I would point you to the "Rumors I heard from China" thread or whatever it was called.

...Let's all try to be patient, myself included, Shot Show will be over soon..... :rolleyes:

And it's all just speculation til we see them show up at Gunners' or RSOV sometime in late February or March anyway...I don't know why we make such a big deal about new product news til 'you can buy it' in the first place....oh yeah, it's the dreaded 'winter months' for so many of us, can't play, but we can dream..... ;)

well mate, i think if you would not have been posting here many times last few days, there would not be that kind of stir, so please like i asked before, patience and i let you know later what i know. I'm not a commercial user here, so this is on my freetime i want to remind you mates, i want to spread the news and things what i hear in here but is different for someone who is selling here on the forums something as a company than normal user right? so please have some patience and i let you know what i know, when i know and when i can.

Archived