I currently own a TM AUG that I purchased back in 2002. I modified the standard barrel into an short CQ configuration, Then I saw the HBAR version and figured it was time for another update. I searched and found a conversion kit (Hexagon Products) was available. One cool feature of the AUG is the ability to swap out the entire barrel assembly (outer, inner, grip, etc.) as one piece. So I could change back and forth from Short to HBAR. The HBAR kit was made for a JG version and didn't quite fit the TM, so I had to hand file it until it fit. I used a custom 650mm tightbore barrel and a G&P hop. The HBAR kit is well made (steel barrel and bipod). I happen to have my custom RPk for comparison which you can see below.

P1010053.jpg

P1010055.jpg

P1010057.jpg

Had to mod the barrel slightly to get it to fit in the TM AUG

P1010040.jpg

HBAR next to my custom RPK (Guarder conversion, RS stock).

I am curious to what areas you have filed on that part to make it fit on the TM AUG?

ACOG, both scoped and railed versions of the AUG exists in the game. I'm tired of all these MW2 references.

Apparently the JG AUG version (barrel lug used in this kit) is slightly larger in diameter than the TM. So I had to remove material all the way around the barrel lug (the shiny part in the picture). Either that or QC was just bad and I got one that was a little oversized. I have a mini lathe so I was able to turn the part down to the right size but I had to hand file around the lug.

• 4 weeks later...

That looks really great. It's shame my JG AUG is a piece of ###### and has to go. I should have gone with marui. ):

Also, not to be a nerd, but the only version in MW2 is the A2, the scoped version(if you look closely) is just the A2 with some weird scope/mount combo mounted on the rail that looks like the A1 scope.

That looks really great. It's shame my JG AUG is a piece of ###### and has to go. I should have gone with marui. ):

Also, not to be a nerd, but the only version in MW2 is the A2, the scoped version(if you look closely) is just the A2 with some weird scope/mount combo mounted on the rail that looks like the A1 scope.

• 3 months later...